Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

[SoNE Episode XVII] [Rebels] [Week 13] No Loose Ends

Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka Episode XVII: No Loose Ends

40489024691_f388e4852a_c.jpg

Following much needed R&R, the 444th Rathtar Raiders are back on the march, acting as skirmishers for the 218th Platoon which is comprised of fifty infantry, two AT-RTs, and some light armor. Our ewok allies have informed us that we're nearing the Imperial Shield Generator, before mysteriously departing. Far away explosions, reminders that despite the calm of this swathe of forest, the battle for the moon rages on.

We have been traveling the edge of a lake for several hours now. The body of water is so massive the other side is a sliver on the horizon. My mind is set at unease as I consider the distant land, and wonder what unwanted eyes watch us. Surely they wouldn't be able to see us with our camouflaged uniforms, would they?  

On the third hour BR-8 and I take point. While scouting several kilks ahead of the platoon and a few meters ahead of our unit, we spot a lost Imperial patrol resting on the lake edge. The moment our unit reaches up, the Imperials will be alerted and report back to base. We must act fast...

4 ABY: Sanctuary Moon of Endor  - Shore of a small Lake 

40489026151_eb2505724b_z.jpg

40489027471_6618e9f89a_z.jpg

40489028841_67dcd9193d_z.jpg

40489029781_ced66a9964_z.jpg

40489031651_d778820368_z.jpg

40489032991_eb8ddf4018_z.jpg

39593319125_3df87943a8_t.jpg

"Clean that wound private. We move out in ten."

40489034521_113a70a146_z.jpg

39593317775_29517fee0d_z.jpg

39593319125_3df87943a8_t.jpg

"What is that racket private?"

26618416438_92a03ffba7_z.jpg

39593318235_98bf742e80_z.jpg

39593318885_411a473f5b_z.jpg

40489023711_a3c13afc66_z.jpg

40180205602_468ff7fa36_t.jpg

"The officer's uniform is unsalvageable, however I believe the trooper armor can be used without suspicion."

40180206092_196fd39bf2_t.jpg

"Good, get them stowed away, we have  a good ways yet before they'll come to use."

I regret their violent ends but our mission mustn't fail.  

~~~~~~~~

Behind the Scenes

Spoiler

40489048571_2c14663b04_z.jpg

39593322245_5f7c3b36a0_z.jpg

40489046811_ac8b284015_z.jpg

39593322875_f2f9dc12b4_z.jpg

Episode List

Edited by Forresto

Wow! Our two entries this week show the extreme opposites of the Rebels! Maybe we should have coordinated better :grin:

4 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Wow! Our two entries this week show the extreme opposites of the Rebels! Maybe we should have coordinated better :grin:

And mine also hints it a bit. :grin: It's such a week.

Great entry!  I really like that droid, and your photos are excellent.

5 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Lol, it is quite the contrast.  It works, though (IMO) ... that's one of the cool things we learned from Rogue 1 (and later, the Rebels TV show), is that the rebellion is made up of disparate groups and they don't always agree on methods, or even objectives. 

Of course, they're all a threat to the peace and stability of the galaxy and should be shown no mercy...  :vader:

On February 26, 2018 at 2:28 PM, MKJoshA said:

Probably :grin: I think our builds though work well together, and helps represent the chaos of war, especially for the Rebellion who right now are putting everything on the table at Endor. 

Star Wars is not particularly gory, and I hope it largely stays that way. However almost every weapon of war is very clean and tends to cauterize the wounds immediately. I wanted to present a situation where they would'nt be able to use their blasters, where they couldn't fight with clean weapons such as blasters which would signal any Imperials in the area for miles.  

Those Imperials were going to die, so why would an axe be necessarily worse then a blaster if the result, the action remans the same? At least that's the internal logic I wanted to apply to the psyche of the Bith character. The Bith are renown for their pacifism, so I feel this sort've extreme logic could easily find its way into the mental processes of a peaceful creature whose been at war for so long. 

I might've over thought this, but I often find these SoNE entries as warm ups/practice for my own writing. 

3 hours ago, Forresto said:

Probably :grin: I think our builds though work well together, and helps represent the chaos of war, especially for the Rebellion who right now are putting everything on the table at Endor. 

Star Wars is not particularly gory, and I hope it largely stays that way. However almost every weapon of war is very clean and tends to cauterize the wounds immediately. I wanted to present a situation where they would'nt be able to use their blasters, where they couldn't fight with clean weapons such as blasters which would signal any Imperials in the area for miles.  

Those Imperials were going to die, so why would an axe be necessarily worse then a blaster if the result, the action remans the same? At least that's the internal logic I wanted to apply to the psyche of the Bith character. The Bith are renown for their pacifism, so I feel this sort've extreme logic could easily find its way into the mental processes of a peaceful creature whose been at war for so long. 

I might've over thought this, but I often find these SoNE entries as warm ups/practice for my own writing. 

Don't get me wrong, I love your storytelling. And the thought you've put into your characters is great.

As a complete rabbit trail, I really like your avatar. I'm really enjoying this new Star Trek and by your picture I'm guessing you are too.

On February 28, 2018 at 5:31 PM, MKJoshA said:

Don't get me wrong, I love your storytelling. And the thought you've put into your characters is great.

As a complete rabbit trail, I really like your avatar. I'm really enjoying this new Star Trek and by your picture I'm guessing you are too.

Oh yeah! I had my doubts from the trailers but I really enjoyed the season. The uniforms, something about them is so retro and yet still futuristic :wub: