Cjd223

(MOC) - Cavegod's UCS Sandcrawler

It cost me £900 ish to build back in 2011 so will be interesting to see what it costs now.

If you look at Bricklink I think the price will be around 2000 € (all parts new)!

I just ordered all the rare parts! 400 parts - 350€ without shipping (new and some old parts)! I had to order from 17 different stores, so in my case it will be over 400€ for the rare parts alone!

Edited by bricksmarlin

That is so cool that you made instructions, that sandcrawler is just perfect!

I Just finished Cavegods ATAT using you instructions you made Cjd223, but the instructions for the ATAT had some problems. It was (with my building skills) not possible to get the model done, so I had to rebuild the legs and a few more changes. I was really disappointed with the instructions for that model, and there was no reply when I E-mailed you for help, on how to mount the model on the legs etc!. It was like no-one had tried to build the model using the instructions.

60 $ is a lot of money, so before buying the instructions, I would like to be sure that the model can be build, so it works and drives like it is ment to do, using these instructions? You write that If one buys the instructions you can provide help if one send you an E-mail. Will that be the case with this model?

Do the instructions cover installing all the motors and the powerfunktions?

Morten 

On 4.3.2018 at 4:48 PM, sokewl said:

Can you tell the approx. amount you have spent so far?

Also can anybody tell me how useful the set 75059 is for rare parts etc. 

Thank you ;)

800-900 but the last 2k Parts are the expensive ones... ill guess arounf 600 700 euros

On 4.3.2018 at 5:50 PM, bricksmarlin said:

If you look at Bricklink I think the price will be around 2000 € (all parts new)!

I just ordered all the rare parts! 400 parts - 350€ without shipping (new and some old parts)! I had to order from 17 different stores, so in my case it will be over 400€ for the rare parts alone!

Yep i estimated around .50 euros/pcs....

Edited by muhkuh

On 28/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, cavegod said:

6 XL motors

1 SM motor

3 x receivers

10 led light cables

3 short extentions

6 long extentions

3 battery boxes

Hi Cavegod I have already purchased the instructions and I am collecting the pieces. Is it possible to have the codes of all the parts to power the sandcrawler that are not included in the list attached to the instructions? Thank you

38 minutes ago, cavegod said:

Mirko, Pm me on facebook and ill sort you out.

I think that would be useful for the others too!

On 04/03/2018 at 10:50 AM, bricksmarlin said:

Do you mind posting a list of the rarer parts or even how you determined what was rare (or did you just search BL for every single part?). 

I wasnt aware of rare parts so please post a list and we can change them to more common parts

My statement I ordered all the rare parts was not quite right!
I ordered all the parts shown as rare color on rebrickable's inventory!
Some of them are really rare, some of them are not as rare as it's sounds, but you will have to order from different shop's to get the quantity you need, and they are relativly expensive! And there are some parts not shown as rare, but they are rare in quantity! But I think in most cases it's no big problem to change the color from brown to dark brown or reddish brown without changing the great look! It's the used look of the Sandcrawler!
I will go through the partlist on the weekend, and when I'm done I will post the parts I have found!

33 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

Some of them are really rare, some of them are not as rare as it's sounds, but you will have to order from different shop's to get the quantity you need, and they are relativly expensive! And there are some parts not shown as rare, but they are rare in quantity! But I think in most cases it's no big problem to change the color from brown to dark brown or reddish brown without changing the great look! It's the used look of the Sandcrawler!
I will go through the partlist on the weekend, and when I'm done I will post the parts I have found!

You are spot on with substituting colors, it does not create any issues given the weathering on the vehicle itself.  A list will be extremely helpful to see what changes can be made.

-Christian

So far I’ve only found a couple of items that are relatively expensive and most of those are not required in huge quantities.  I have used BrickLink to set up essybuy just to calculate a rough idea of cost and I agree with brick marlin that £2000 is about right. However, I’m hoping that by tactical shopping at stores within the U.K. and choosing as many with free postage will reduce that figure considerably. 

On 07/03/2018 at 2:40 PM, bricksmarlin said:

If you were able to post a list I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would be very grateful. Thanks. 

WIP.....First of all, I have eliminated all color errors today!
At the moment I'm going through my spare parts, tomorrow or sunday I will check the rare parts again, after that I will post what I found!

off-topic
my other little project that a had to interrupt, but it will fit perfectly with the Sandcrawler later on!

gallery_8754_6681_91231.jpg

colour errors? There shouldn’t be any the ldd is built off the real moc

These parts are displayed as a color error in the inventory of rebrickable!
Bricklink says unknown color, but maybe I'm to stupid!?

1x 93095 LBG ----- bought it in Black / Reddish Brown ???
2x 91988 Red ----- I guess color doesn't matter because not visible!
3x 3007 Reddish Brown ----- available in Brown
1x 60475b Reddish Brown ----- available Medium Dark Flesh
1x 87544 Reddish Brown ----- available part 2652 Reddish Brown
2x 32064a Reddish Brown ----- bought it in DBG ???
2x 10201 Tan ----- available 2436 Tan
4x 48729b White ----- bought it in LBG ???

23 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

These parts are displayed as a color error in the inventory of rebrickable!
Bricklink says unknown color, but maybe I'm to stupid!?

1x 93095 LBG ----- bought it in Black / Reddish Brown ???
2x 91988 Red ----- I guess color doesn't matter because not visible!
3x 3007 Reddish Brown ----- available in Brown
1x 60475b Reddish Brown ----- available Medium Dark Flesh
1x 87544 Reddish Brown ----- available part 2652 Reddish Brown
2x 32064a Reddish Brown ----- bought it in DBG ???
2x 10201 Tan ----- available 2436 Tan
4x 48729b White ----- bought it in LBG ???

93095 use 2 x 6231

91988 i probably never changed the colour from default red in ldd

91988 It is brown

60475b 2 1x1 plates and a 1x1 plate with clip

87544 use 2362 ldd part choice error

32064a use 3700b

10201 use 2436 just wrond part selection in ldd

48729b they are LBG in my file.

Edited by cavegod

Here are a few parts I would buy first!

8 x 44302 Brown - otherwise available in reddish brown
3 x 2873 brown
40 x 2412b Brown - there are not many in Europe, otherwise available in reddish brown
2 x 50990a reddish brown
24 x 48336 reddish brown - really rare !!!
50 x 2540 reddish brown - also really rare, otherwise available in brown
1 x 2516 LBG
42 x 88393 DBG
11 x 3008 dark brown - only available in Europe in quantities (about 3 € per part)
15 x 2449 dark brown - rare in USA (2 - 4 € per part)
47 x 2412b dark orange - only one shop has this part in sufficient quantity, otherwise it must be ordered from different shops!

Will continue to update the list!

18 minutes ago, bricksmarlin said:

Here are a few parts I would buy first!

8 x 44302 Brown - otherwise available in reddish brown
3 x 2873 brown
40 x 2412b Brown - there are not many in Europe, otherwise available in reddish brown
2 x 50990a reddish brown
24 x 48336 reddish brown - really rare !!!
50 x 2540 reddish brown - also really rare, otherwise available in brown
1 x 2516 LBG
42 x 88393 DBG
11 x 3008 dark brown - only available in Europe in quantities (about 3 € per part)
15 x 2449 dark brown - rare in USA (2 - 4 € per part)
47 x 2412b dark orange - only one shop has this part in sufficient quantity, otherwise it must be ordered from different shops!

Will continue to update the list!

Thanks Marlin, you're a gentleman. 

Part 2412b is only availabe in one shop and at €1 per part so that's €47 alone, yikes. Can this be substituted for regular orange or would that be too bright?