Cjd223

(MOC) - Cavegod's UCS Sandcrawler

On 6/15/2022 at 10:53 PM, clintjd said:

I just noticed the rebrickable page with the parts list is no longer accessable

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-13289/cjd_223/cavegod-ucs-sandcrawler

is there still a way to get access to the parts list?  thx!

I think the instructions for this are now being sold by Brick Vault. If you send them an email they're usually happy to send out a parts list so you can cost the purchase before committing to buying the instructions.

Thanks.   I have purchased the instructions and got the partslist provided with them.  However, now being half way through the build, I've run into some discrepancies between the two, and have found that having the visual parts list provided on rebrickable was very helpful in clearing things up.

yes, there are discrepancies - I had "some" pieces left after finishing it. Please let me know if you need the parts list

I've owned this beautiful MOC for a few years, and regrettably still don't have the front panels and front lined up correctly. Been over this forum 100 times trying to fix it. I will gladly pay for V2 from Brickvault or Brick Collective. I tried to contact All out Brick about 10 times through email to no avail, so I won't support their design unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Deijrr88 said:I tried to contact All out Brick about 10 times through email to no avail, so I won't support their design unfortunately.

I believe All Out Brick is no longer in business since being shut down by Disney

12 hours ago, Deijrr88 said:

I've owned this beautiful MOC for a few years, and regrettably still don't have the front panels and front lined up correctly. Been over this forum 100 times trying to fix it. I will gladly pay for V2 from Brickvault or Brick Collective. I tried to contact All out Brick about 10 times through email to no avail, so I won't support their design unfortunately.

Use plate 3794b above and underneath 57909 (brick with ball) to move the upper side walls backwards by a half stud.

52625557597_10e9fd1159_b.jpgMod1 by steffen black, auf Flickr

Guys I also plan to start to build up the set on weekend. All parts are available in original colors. The brown parts are a challenge. Dark Brown is clear. Brown vs reddish brown is not easy to see at cavegods instruction. Can someone identify 1-2 parts in brown and 1-2 parts in reddish brown related to the instructions to get a feeling? Thanks 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:17 PM, twistedsam said:

Hey guys.

is there any news on the instructions for the V2 version ?

thx, Sam

The thread author stated that he was working with All Out Brick. They were hit with a cease and desist so I have my doubts about it ever materialising.

The V2 is currently being worked on have patience 😁

Hello fellow builders,

After years i got now some time and parts to start my build process. However, i checked the instructions i got and it is a quite low quality pdf. At some points i even think it is maybe a faked one..

I got the instructions after sending the money to a guy with an email adress starting with chrdvorak.

Don´t want to post the full name here now. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

Thanks

I might be wrong but I'm sure only a few people had the instructions ((Cavegod) Peter Brookdale, Marshal Banana) and Brick Vault

9 hours ago, SirTex said:

Hello fellow builders,

After years i got now some time and parts to start my build process. However, i checked the instructions i got and it is a quite low quality pdf. At some points i even think it is maybe a faked one..

I got the instructions after sending the money to a guy with an email adress starting with chrdvorak.

Don´t want to post the full name here now. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

Thanks

Its correct, he was the guy who did the instruction for cavegod. I built that Version also and there are many Mistakes and you have to Do many changes as you can see in this topic.

Right now some guys are working (also in cooperation with cavegod) on version2 of that beast....with Interieur and so on.

Cheers

Stefan

Thanks!

I absolutely do not mind making my own interpretation in some parts, just realized that it´s quite a poor quality pdf and on the last pages, there are clearly missing small sections on the last pages between upper side walls and front walls and also the interior is definitely not done.

But thanks for the info for the ongoing works.

Cheers,

Thomas

Hi, I'm new here and am really looking forward to getting my Mould King sandcrawler in the next few weeks. I have found this (and other) sites to be very helpful as I want to build the best sandcrawler possible. Is there any news on the new 2.0 manual or should I just buy the one from Brick Vault? Will it be updated when there will be a new version? Thanks for having me and if I'm lucky Cavegod can write an update on the thing, because everything I've read so far his manual must be a killer ;-)