Cjd223

(MOC) - Cavegod's UCS Sandcrawler

5 hours ago, corellian_egr said:

Good morning.  Are these the instructions that were due out at the end of next year or am I wrong about this?  This is the first time I've heard of Brickmoon.  Is it another site like Bricklink?  I tried to access Brickmoon.com, but got a

suspicious site that I decided not to try.  Is there a better way to access this site?

As always, 

Kind Regards

Brickmoon

Edited by cavegod

8 hours ago, cavegod said:

Hi, there are many errors with the instructions, most parts not available in certain colours can be substitued for other colours. for the most part if you choose between brown or reddish brown you can't go wrong. new instructions with interior ect will be available later this year from Brickmoon.

Hi, you have me curious with the following statement "there are many errors with the instructions", so how good are the instructions that I bought from Brick Vault? Will I get an update or will have to buy new set of instructions? Regardless I am willing to pay for the interior instruction but got me a bit piss with the rest. Anyway will keep an eye open with Brickmoon I follow them on FB.

Thanks

On 10/25/2021 at 1:46 AM, Onecrazy95civic said:

Hi, you have me curious with the following statement "there are many errors with the instructions", so how good are the instructions that I bought from Brick Vault? Will I get an update or will have to buy new set of instructions? Regardless I am willing to pay for the interior instruction but got me a bit piss with the rest. Anyway will keep an eye open with Brickmoon I follow them on FB.

Thanks

Never got updated… funny how brickvault writes they check instructions before they sell it xD

On 10/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, cavegod said:

Did I hear this correctly?  Are the updated instructions for the sandcrawler coming out near the end of this year?  What will those who ordered the original instructions pay for the updated instructions?

Kind Regards 

10 hours ago, corellian_egr said:

Did I hear this correctly?  Are the updated instructions for the sandcrawler coming out near the end of this year?  What will those who ordered the original instructions pay for the updated instructions?

Kind Regards 

I second this. Purchased the original instruction some years ago and it was a pain to build sometimes. Used only the PDF not the CAD files. My sandcrawler is halfway built unfortunately, better instructions would help to finish it when i will have time this winter.

19 hours ago, corellian_egr said:

Kind Regards 

The new instructions are nothing to do with Brick Vault so I can't answer that I'm afraid.

16 hours ago, cavegod said:

The new instructions are nothing to do with Brick Vault so I can't answer that I'm afraid.

Will there be a possibility for anyone who purchased the instructions via any channel to obtain the updated instructions free of charge ?

8 hours ago, STARHAWK said:

Will there be a possibility for anyone who purchased the instructions via any channel to obtain the updated instructions free of charge ?

I very much doubt it, the new Sandcrawler will have almost double the part count of my original.

16 hours ago, cavegod said:

I very much doubt it, the new Sandcrawler will have almost double the part count of my original.

so will i have to fork additional 50-60eur to get a better instructions ?

1 hour ago, STARHAWK said:

so will i have to fork additional 50-60eur to get a better instructions ?

Just like I'll, even thought I just bought them a few months ago, but I'm ok with it, I even put down my name to purchase the V2 as soon as it is available, because I look at it this way...from the little of what I have seen of the V2, it will definately be a better revise Sandcrawler, including an interior, better motorization and probably be 21 000+ pieces total (near double from the original).

With what, 10 years between the V1 and V2 so not exactly the same anymore....it's no worse then the Imperial Star Destroyer V1 and V2... same but better and with more details. This didn't stop nobody from buying it. I'm sure @cavegod took everything he learn since making the V1 to make the V2 better including the instructions, just look at what he did with the UCS AT-M6, a masterpiece! Got me excited for the Sandcrawler V2, my point of vue.

Hold on, Isn’t v1 13k pieces? Are we talking 26k pieces for v2? That is staggering

Edited by LDigital

21 hours ago, corellian_egr said:

Where do I put down my name to sign up to purchase the new set of sandcrawler instructions?

here it is:

https://alloutbrick.com/products/utinni

Hi  @Cjd223 maybe you can tell us more about the plans and current state of the instructions?

Anyway 42 Euros are not making this model expensive - the parts are doing that, especially reddish brown is partially more expensive

1 hour ago, Mr Ogel said:

here it is:

https://alloutbrick.com/products/utinni

Hi  @Cjd223 maybe you can tell us more about the plans and current state of the instructions?

Anyway 42 Euros are not making this model expensive - the parts are doing that, especially reddish brown is partially more expensive

Wrong you need Brickmoon/Brickcollective

I’m really confused. What is all out brick preparing? I thought it was officialI. Is that a repackaged and revised v1? 

but the brick collective is exclusive v2?

Hi there, this is BrickBob and I'm the owner of The Brick-Collective, maybe I can make some things clear :-)

I'm the one who is working on the sandcrawler v2.0 (in accordance with cavegod of course). for those who don't know me, I did the instructions for the AT-M6 also, so I'm kind of experienced with big mocs :-D

At the moment I'm working on the interior and together with Brick Moon I'm testing some things. Some of the ultra rare parts have been replaced by more common ones. Additionally, I corrected some of the inner structure, but most of it will be corrected while doing the instructions. 

According to interior I plan on making some kind of process line of the jawas where the droids are put in in the front, make their way through the sandcrawler with tracks and finally fall out at the end, I plan to add a second floor so most of the space inside is used. The instructions will be made completely new by myself and the plan is to make two versions, one without the motors and one with because the motors are getting pretty expensive at the moment (of course both versions are included). And we will see what comes in my and cavegods mind until finished :-)

As you all know, it's a massive one, so I cannot promise that it will be finished till end of the year, but I try :-)

The instructions will be released on The Brick-Collective and on brickvault, too. And there will be a building kit by Brick Moon. As for now, I cannot tell anything about prices because I simply don't know  at the moment, that will be the last step of the make-over :-) 

Edited by TheBob

On 7/29/2021 at 11:18 PM, bricksmarlin said:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/188332781@N05/albums

No wip pictures at the moment.
Give me a few days!
greetings to brickginger and Mika, good job guys!!!

Hi bricksmarlin

Thanks for reposting the pictures on flickr. I have one question, What are the parts used here, two tubes behind the turbine. Is it part 88740 or 30104, or 3mm rigid hose. And how are they connected. Thanks.

20211105170335.jpg.9b64d386c89f24c0ff0c599129323f7b.jpg

Edited by mars423

To motorized the four wheels, is anyone consider to use 1 technic hub 88012 and 4 technic XL motor 88014, to replace 4 XL motor 58121c01 plus two battery boxes and two receivers. 

88014 is just two studs longer than 58121c01.

I think the hub can be fit in low inspection hatch, then some extention cables also can be saved. But interior in the low hatch has to be sacrificed.

The hub can be configured on the app Buwizz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwR3cLRQFsE

I just got the motors, but I am on a long work trip, can not test them. By the meantime collectiong parts from the V1 part list and eager waiting for the V2 to be relaesed.