Cjd223

(MOC) - Cavegod's UCS Sandcrawler

I can take some. But Since There Are lots missing i have to skip some of the steps

When iam through i will Do a list:)

IT looks amazing but during the build its not very sturdy.. and if you have Technic pcs look some pages forward otherwise you have to rebuild some stuff... the Manual is Made like you use the ldd Manual... IT builds by layers Not by Common sense:D

Max

Yeah I noticed that too, I’ve built the AT-AT and that is hugely tricky to put together and display.  

I’m nearly there now with parts  and I think I’ll make a start over this weekend. I imagine that there will be a couple of parts missing that may hold up the build, but I’ve been obsessively collecting now for a couple of months and want to have to have something to show for it. Fingers crossed. 

Hey,

@Cjd223: On page 419; what are the two wholes for? When iam done with the mouth of the crawler they are open? Is it supposed to be that way?

@DWJ2018: hehe, hope your having fun. my gf is killing me because iam useing the complete space of the dinner table ( 2,50 x 1,0 Meter ) :D

I think when 3 or 4 people finish this monster there will be some adjustment to the model:))

Lucky for me I’ve built my own table 8’x4’, or I may use the kids table tennis table! But that still hasn’t stopped me buying a load of plastic storage boxes to help reduce the ‘manhunt’ for one brick! I’ll check the instructions and see if I can help, but your wat ahead of me already. I know you mentioned the use of new bricks, but did you have to make any substitutions?

See what you mean now. Looks maybe like a 3x2 space. 

Looking at Cavegod’s FLICKR account; it simply looks like 1x3 reddish brick, QTY 4. I’m thinking maybe reverse a couple of 2x2 panels with side supports and then add a couple of 1x1 on top of each other to plug the gap.  

1 hour ago, muhkuh said:

Hey,

@Cjd223: On page 419; what are the two wholes for? When iam done with the mouth of the crawler they are open? Is it supposed to be that way?

The gaps have to be closed! You can see that on his flickr!

38 minutes ago, DWJ2018 said:

Lucky for me I’ve built my own table 8’x4’, or I may use the kids table tennis table! But that still hasn’t stopped me buying a load of plastic storage boxes to help reduce the ‘manhunt’ for one brick! I’ll check the instructions and see if I can help, but your wat ahead of me already. I know you mentioned the use of new bricks, but did you have to make any substitutions?

See what you mean now. Looks maybe like a 3x2 space. 

Looking at Cavegod’s FLICKR account; it simply looks like 1x3 reddish brick, QTY 4. I’m thinking maybe reverse a couple of 2x2 panels with side supports and then add a couple of 1x1 on top of each other to plug the gap.  

all new. but iam not going to motorize it cause it s a waste of money in my opinion... and i had no pcs in my collection:)

Sorry can’t do it on my iPad due file size. If you go to page 419 of the instructions and not 419 of the pdf document, and there is a gap on either side of the centre line.

Hi, I took a look at the manual and those "holes" will be covered up by black plates on the bottom of the greebled panel that is placed on the door on page 425.  Hope that helps.

-Christian

7 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

Hi, I took a look at the manual and those "holes" will be covered up by black plates on the bottom of the greebled panel that is placed on the door on page 425.  Hope that helps.

-Christian

Yeah but only from one side...:/

16 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

So, the last 600 parts are ordered! Hopefully I can start next weekend :tongue:!

Finally someone who actually share pictures of the progress :D . It's so much cooler to see than just read comments!!

4 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Finally someone who actually share pictures of the progress :D . It's so much cooler to see than just read comments!!

This thread will be filled with life very soon!

4 hours ago, cavegod said:

How about a build video?

Unfortunately, I have no video camera, but I'll see what I can do!

Is there an easy way of sharing photos via an iPad? I’ve uploaded photos to my Flickr account but then even reading the tutorial it seems more geared towards desktop computers. 

Great effort there, what’s your solution for not using the motors and then supporting the side structure of the track bogeys? I’m mulling over doing something similar. I notice that there should be a smaller set of tracks used in the interior that aren’t on the instructions yet too.  It’s bigger than I thought and I’ve seen the original as well. The level of greebling adds a nice level of detail I believe. 

3 minutes ago, DWJ2018 said:

Great effort there, what’s your solution for not using the motors and then supporting the side structure of the track bogeys? I’m mulling over doing something similar. I notice that there should be a smaller set of tracks used in the interior that aren’t on the instructions yet too.  It’s bigger than I thought and I’ve seen the original as well. The level of greebling adds a nice level of detail I believe. 

Hey 

So i have no solution yet. I will finish the model and than create a connection in ldd... 

Because there are a some lots missing on reprickable i will make one final Order at the end:)

Yeah the inner tracks are missing:)

Is that as far as you can get with the original parts list, and are you having to order a significant amount of extra pieces to build the front sides and base it looks like?