Cjd223

(MOC) - Cavegod's UCS Sandcrawler

It is best to realize what agony Cjd223 and Cavegod must have gone through to deliver CR-90 and Sandcrawler to us.  Part errors are inevitable in creations like these.  I, for one, hope they take heart from these beautiful creations and bring us more.

9 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

A list of this parts would be nice!

i will post one by time... iam just jumping around in the instructions cause i dont have all pcs yet.

Another missing ist on page 9 u need it 4 times :) i dont even know how u call it :DD sry!!

As i said no offense! iam so happy cavegod offers his moc!! (Thanks for that!!)

16 hours ago, muhkuh said:

i will post one by time... iam just jumping around in the instructions cause i dont have all pcs yet.

Another missing ist on page 9 u need it 4 times :) i dont even know how u call it :DD sry!!

As i said no offense! iam so happy cavegod offers his moc!! (Thanks for that!!)

You can take a screenshot of the instruction, trim to the part in question and link it here. 

This is surely an amazing build, Though I'm really curious about how the interior looks like. I really hope that you can release some interior pictures soon,

@ cavegod: maybe i am wrong: Is it possible that the front just opens if you buy the engines/motors?

the front is powered by two xl motors, you can open it without but its a pain.

next missing part: 3713 Technic Bush 16x

@cavegod or cjd: did one of you guys build the model with the instruction/pcs list u send with the package...

iam just asking if i have to make a separate list by the ldd models... :/ ty for your answer:)

One more question: page 35; how do you connect the side pannels?!? i thought you can build this big guy with engines and without engines?

2nd question: is there a reason why the lower back has no inner pannels? the front has outer and inner ones

ty max

Edited by muhkuh

Anyone managed to start this yet? I’ve completed the tracks! :wink: still waiting for 2 orders from pick a brick, which has been a month already. 

1 hour ago, DWJ2018 said:

Anyone managed to start this yet? I’ve completed the tracks! :wink: still waiting for 2 orders from pick a brick, which has been a month already. 

No, I will start next month!
Today I will get all the parts for the power functions, then I still have 2000 parts missing but nothing expensive or rare!
It was not so easy to get everything in the right colors or in other words it was very expensive!
I will order the remaining parts at the end of the month!

I’m missing about 100 pieces only now, with a backlog from lego running 25 days behind their normal schedule having just spoken to them today. I’ve made a couple of substitutions namely the modified plate 2540, which I’ve ordered 30 from NZ and the rest I’ll change to brown. The panel 4865b , I’ve subbed for two single panels which I’ll join together to create a similar look. The tan wedge plates are super rare and probably will look just as good in DBG. I’ve decided to not power the tracks, but I will have to power the front panel as I notice the rams are actuated via rotation and cannot be moved directly. There are a couple of issues with the build that I’ve noticed during my research but I’m hoping that they’ll be rectified during the actual process of putting it together. Have you got a FLICKR account as I have enjoyed a lot of your MOC’s and improvements to the recent MF? 

Started the build last week. Will Post a Review of the Complete build as i will finish the model:)

For Info ordering the pcs: Make a List by the ldd file... the reprickable Has missing pcs... 

Hope i will finish this fast :) Page 350 reached;)

Great news!  I have just finished adjusting the parts list for rare and hard to find parts, as well as having added four 1 x 9 technic beams to support the cockpit.  These adjustments have been made in the manual as well.

-Christian

9 hours ago, DWJ2018 said:

Good going there. Any idea how many extra pieces are required roughly? 

Mh around 5 lots... 50 pcs till now..:) 

max 

2 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

Great news!  I have just finished adjusting the parts list for rare and hard to find parts, as well as having added four 1 x 9 technic beams to support the cockpit.  These adjustments have been made in the manual as well.

-Christian

Great. Can you email me the new parts list/manual please?

Can you mail to anyone who purchased the instructions pls

Edited by sokewl

On 12.4.2018 at 6:21 PM, sokewl said:

Can you mail to anyone who purchased the instructions pls

would be cool

The updated parts list is available on rebrickable.  If you have purchased the instructions and would like the "updated" copy (It's really just one additional step), I will send that upon request.

-Christian

On 14.4.2018 at 7:39 PM, DWJ2018 said:

Anyone added up their BrickLink order total costs yet? I just did..........*huh*

2k all New pcs...:sceptic:

How much is yours...?

About £1200. But I haven’t got to the point where I need to order the extra parts you previously mentioned. Hoping that they’re not too rare or expensive. I’m going to stick with version one of the build, as haven’t yet figured out the changes introduced by the recent manual update. How is your build coming along? Any photos?