Sign in to follow this  
Offroadcreat1ons

Two Versions of 31070?

Hello all,

While I was trying to build an alternate MOC of 31070, I came across many pieces I was missing. I checked the MOC's and Rebricable's set inventories, and they matched, so it was a true C-model. I downloaded instructions from Brickset, and I found all the parts went together in the set's main build. So where could the pieces have gone? The next morning, I downloaded the instructions from Brickset again. This time I downloaded the different set of instructions. I got to the step where the missing pieces should be, but they were gone. I quickly downloaded the other (newer) instructions, and the pieces were there in that step.

800x995.jpg800x1019.jpg

So I check the instructions' parts list. One has the parts and one doesn't. I check my physical instructions. The missing parts aren't in the parts list. So I believe that there are 2 versions of the set, and I got the one with less parts.  

What do you have to say about this?

Yep there is definitely two different versions, boxart and instructions, for whatever reasons. 

The set I bought last week was the one with the extra pieces. The funny thing is I think the one with the extra pieces is the original set. 

Hi, the very first pics from the Nurember Toy Fair '2017 shows the exposed studs version:

https://zusammengebaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/lego-creator-turbo-track-racer-31070-heck-spielwarenmesse-2017-andres-lehmann.jpg

The instructions no longer listed at lego (found in brickset) also shows the stud-exposed one whereas the current one shows the studless

This has been commented in the following thread, they consider the correct one the studless version with additional pieces:
http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/27448/31070-turbo-track-racer-parts-missing

Thanks for pointing out here, nice curiosity. I might get the set just for this reason :)