Sign in to follow this  
Inthert

Resistance Ski Speeder [MOC]

Finally got around to uploading this here, my Resistance Ski Speeder. Inspired by the micorfighter set, I decided to go for a blue colour scheme as I kinda prefer it to the reddish orange colour seen on most of the craft. It was certainly interesting to build as I've never made a real-world aircraft before (or rather, anything so close to one) so it was strange to find myself building corsair-like wings and a tubular fuselage with a tail/rudder. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out in the end though :grin:

A big thanks to majortom on Flickr whose Ski speeder inspired quite a few bits and pieces of my own including: fence pieces on the engine section, technic wheel rim for the tail and of course the outline of his cockpit area which was the basis of my design. And thanks to my buddy Kit Bricksto (active here and on Flickr) who kindly gave his opinion on the model during its construction :)

A few more images are up on Flickr for those interested :wink:

40204083751_4e789d6f69_c.jpgResistance Ski Speeder (1) by Inthert, on Flickr

26331776428_9e7a4a616e_c.jpgResistance Ski Speeder (2) by Inthert, on Flickr

Edited by Inthert

There it is, finally. ;)

I said it before but I really like how this turned out. I think my favorite detail's still gotta be the gun emplacement. That curve is just so smooth.. :D

I hadn't noticed this on Flickr, somehow your stuff doesn't show up on my Activity-Feed.. :/ So, sorry for commenting only now. :D

I saw your version on Flickr before but, man, that MOC is still really impressive!

The snot wings are great for both top and bottom detail, there's no ugly underside like some MOCs or the official model has. The post editing of the background is also very pleasing as it does a great job of highlighting and presenting the vehicle itself, putting it into context.

In short, great job and keep it up :D

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Stunning model! My only nitpicking is that the model looks too sleek, and not enough like parts are falling off. But it's too impressive to really matter. :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah I know what you mean, it was surprisingly difficult to get it to look beaten up to the degree they appear in the movie..  I guess mine could always be a better maintained one haha! :D

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, Ellisss_2 said:

Fantastic build, I love the use of the technic beams to achieve the sleek snot look!

Thanks! that was a totally alien technique for me so I'm glad you like the effect.

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, Kit Bricksto said:

There it is, finally. ;)

I said it before but I really like how this turned out. I think my favorite detail's still gotta be the gun emplacement. That curve is just so smooth.. :D

I hadn't noticed this on Flickr, somehow your stuff doesn't show up on my Activity-Feed.. :/ So, sorry for commenting only now. :D

Haha! Yep, I finial got around to editing the photos. I'd agree there, making that gun pod was my favourite part of the build. No worries (sorry for not replying until now :), a few people have mentioned my stuff isn't showing up and I have no idea why that's happed, I doubt that problem is unique to me though.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:54 AM, krisandkris12 said:

I just love it.

Hehe thanks!

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:53 AM, Cypirate said:

I saw your version on Flickr before but, man, that MOC is still really impressive!

The snot wings are great for both top and bottom detail, there's no ugly underside like some MOCs or the official model has. The post editing of the background is also very pleasing as it does a great job of highlighting and presenting the vehicle itself, putting it into context.

In short, great job and keep it up :D

Thanks man! Yeah I was quite pleased with the way the wings came together, only problem is that they can droop a little. But its not really a huge problem especially as most other techniques would droop too.. Ether way I'm pleased you like it :D