Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL] The Esmerelda, or more fun with gray hull pieces

Here's my latest effort at a ship using gray hull pieces, the Esmerelda:

01-profile.jpg

She's a small armed merchant, capable of fighting off small attackers, as this crewman is ready to do:

04-swivel_gun_2.jpg

The Esmerelda is small enough to navigate shallow waters, but as you can see by her rounded shape, can still carry a fair-sized cargo.

02-front_qtr.jpg

With a small crew, Captain Enrique Marino handles the helm himself:

05-capt_at_helm.jpg

But rumor has it that Capt. Marino and the crew of the Esmerelda have been tapped for a special mission. Stay tuned for more...

03-stern_qtr.jpg

---

More fun playing with gray hull pieces. I was going to name it something along the lines of Emerald Fog or some such to play off the green and gray color scheme, but Emerald morphed into Esmerelda and I liked that better. All C&C  welcome.

Quite striking deck there ... Im surely borrowing some of your design elements in the future 

I know Ive asked about your sails before ... But I thought of another the paper you use ... Lol I used some of my sketch book and like the stiffness on my last one but yours appears to be "aged" with a slight brown/yellow hue is that just a camera trick or?

Another very nice little ship, Capt Wolf, keep 'em coming! :pir-sweet:  This colorscheme really works remarkably well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you mean to do with her!

This is a really neat little ship - like all yours, looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play with!  Great job with the green and black diagonal on the stern!

4 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I'm liking your grey, green and black color schemed ships! They have a really nice look to them!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Quite striking deck there ... Im surely borrowing some of your design elements in the future 

I know Ive asked about your sails before ... But I thought of another the paper you use ... Lol I used some of my sketch book and like the stiffness on my last one but yours appears to be "aged" with a slight brown/yellow hue is that just a camera trick or?

Thanks, and please borrow away.  Sorry I didn't show off the deck very well in the photos. As for the sails, no camera tricks are involved; the paper is that color.

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Another very nice little ship, Capt Wolf, keep 'em coming! :pir-sweet:  This colorscheme really works remarkably well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you mean to do with her!

Thanks. I think the gray hulls really lend themselves to some interesting color schemes. As for what's next, you'll find out soon. <cough> A-MRCA <cough> :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a really neat little ship - like all yours, looks like it'd be a lot of fun to play with!  Great job with the green and black diagonal on the stern!

Thanks. I like to make my smaller ships playable. That is the essence of LEGO, isn't it? :pir-grin:  And thanks for noticing that diagonal stripe. (I didn't realize I had featured it so prominently in the captain's close-up.)  I think it is one of the things that makes these smaller ships look good, bringing the color stripe through the hull with a bit of a curve.

3 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Thanks!

Thanks, and please borrow away.  Sorry I didn't show off the deck very well in the photos. As for the sails, no camera tricks are involved; the paper is that color.

Thanks. I think the gray hulls really lend themselves to some interesting color schemes. As for what's next, you'll find out soon. <cough> A-MRCA <cough> :pir-grin:

Thanks. I like to make my smaller ships playable. That is the essence of LEGO, isn't it? :pir-grin:  And thanks for noticing that diagonal stripe. (I didn't realize I had featured it so prominently in the captain's close-up.)  I think it is one of the things that makes these smaller ships look good, bringing the color stripe through the hull with a bit of a curve.

I may have to seek out some non white paper lol ... 

I as well noticed the color but didn't realise the "curve" was intentional ... Just figured it didn't look right without a bit of color there lol ...

And you should really get that cough checked out before heading out on any long arduous trips lol

A good looking ship boat cutter sloop? I like the black and green stripe, and I like the brass spyglasses used as swivel guns, nice job captain!