SavaTheAggie

(Work in Progress) EMD F7A in 8-Wide

This design is heavily based on Nathaniel Brill's 20th Century Limited EMD E7 locomotive.  I've built it here in the Santa Fe Warbonnet livery, but I'll most likely be building it in another.

26523984898_b041e286d9.jpgSanta Fe Super Chief EMD F7A by Tony Sava, on Flickr

But why build it in the Warbonnet livery if you don't compare it to #10020?

40424256261_bf85598da1.jpg10020 vs MOC by Tony Sava, on Flickr

Hopefully I can start putting bricks together soon so I can iron out the unknowns.

--Tony

Great job with the tough angles (and excellent inspiration from Nate). Would look good as a black widow.

Excellent work, as always, those front windows got to be a pain to build, but gave the cabin the real look, well done!

Looks awesome Tony.  Excited to see how it works out for you in real bricks!  Dependent on color options, lot of possibilities for this bad boy!!!!

Great locomotive, the front view is impressive...it has a realistic impact at first look. Thumbs up :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: ?

Looks amazing, I have one in 6 wide, this will be fantastic when complete and pulling a heavy load 

Are you going to have a front coupler? Does look cleaner without (as you designed).  Looks forward to seeing some pictures when you have built

Thanks all, I appreciate it.

On 2/23/2018 at 4:10 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Amazing work (as always Tony) ...are you planning to make also the B unit? :classic:

Not for a Super Chief, but definitely for the Texas & Pacific version I have designed.  I may build a Super Chief version, but it may be just to do it. 

On 2/25/2018 at 3:42 PM, Blk69 said:

Are you going to have a front coupler? Does look cleaner without (as you designed).  Looks forward to seeing some pictures when you have built

My original design had a front coupler, but then I recalculated my scale and noticed my engine was one plate too short.  Adding the extra plate changed how the nose worked with itself and I had to change it up - the shortcut being to remove the coupler.  However, I've come up with an idea that may allow a coupler after all, but will require working with real bricks to see if it works.

--Tony