Sign in to follow this  
shopsmart

Mail system

Just returned after a few months to send out a message.  Can't.  Says can only send 0 per day.  Something change in being away for a few?

Hi Shopsmart!  You can't send messages until you've reached 10 posts.  Not sure if you had more posts and somehow that changed in your time away, but it looks like you're at 9 now, so replying again to this comment should put you at 10 and allow you to use the site messenger/mail.  :wink:

I have been able to send out mails in the past and can't now.  Funny as this will end up being my 10th post LOLOL!!!  That is pretty crazy stuff.

EDIT:  Yep, don't get the message anymore.

Edited by shopsmart
update

It may be that you had enough posts before,  but a change on the forums now means community posts do not count towardspost totals. So those would have been taken from your post record.

If you read the posts above, you'll probably find your answer, if you haven't already :wink:. You need to have 10 posts to message people; as you now do, you should be good to go.

Welcome to EuroBricks, by the way!

What a weird system....I understand wanting to get more people involved, but I find it very silly to make people have a limited number of posts before being able to message other users.

8 hours ago, Seyguh said:

What a weird system....I understand wanting to get more people involved, but I find it very silly to make people have a limited number of posts before being able to message other users.

It does seem a bit unorthodox but, and I could be wrong here, I think it isn't so much to get people more involved but more to keep spam bots from flooding users mailbox. 

Precisely, if members could message right off the bat then we would all be flooded with spam.

As a member of other forums that don't have this rule, I can attest that there are either a lot of "hot singles in my area" or many spammers :laugh:

9 hours ago, Jotham said:

Trying to get my post up to 10

Finding a few creations to comment on is always a great way to engage with the community and build up your post count.