Jim

[TC13] Technic Pullback Contest - Results Topic

Wow, I made it to 4th place. I thought the steampunk (sort-of) looks of my build would not appeal sufficiently, but I was wrong :sweet: Thanks for all the votes guys/gals!

And many congrats to the winners, well deserved! :thumbup:

Congratulations, well deserved, and it was funny that the winner when asked for a review his first statement was "I'm speechless"... :D

Congrats to the winners.

Very nice competition, indeed. I wished I would have had time to participate in this.

REVIEW - EB TC13 - The Mug (limited edition)

On 22. Februar 2018 at 3:37 PM, Jim said:

Congrats! As stated in the information topic, the first three will each receive their respective mug! And of course the medal tag.

And I do have a special prize/challenge for @MegaRoi ....if he chooses to accept.

39521490395_e3158d3192_b.jpg

Right to the end of TC13, the first foto of the EB TC13 Mug was leaked. It was quite clear that there will be only a few available, while it's total edition is limited to three. 
The more I'm happy, to give you an exclusive review of EB TC13 - The Mug.

Disclaimer:
This mug is my own. It's not my goal to promote this mug. The opinion in this review is my own and is in no way linked to EB.

SET INFORMATION
Number: EB TC13
Name: The Mug
Theme: TC13 Pull Back Contest
Released: 2018
Piece count: 1
Weight: 325g

THE BOX

M01.jpeg

The prize came in a huge box! 
The box itself is not too spectacular, but it has a nice text on it: "Daar ben ik dan. Pak mij uit." (Here I am. Unpack me)
Once opened, I found out, that there is more content in this box besides the mug.
For that, I have to write another review ... *huh*

M02.jpeg

CONTENT OF THE BOX

M03.jpeg
The mug itself is nice wrapped and looks quite safe. It comes without any manual or closer description. Maybe EB will think about a certificate or anything else that could come with a future prize.

PARTS
This prize comes with a single piece:
M04.jpeg

THE BUILD

The build was straight forward, even without instructions.
M05.jpeg

THE FINISHED MODEL

Front:
M06.jpeg

Back:
M07.jpeg

Top:
M08.jpeg

Bottom:
M09.jpeg

MY RATE
Playability:   8/10
Parts:            7/10
Coolness:   12/10

FINAL THOUGHTS
It's exclusiveness is unreachable and every piece of this limited line is very unique! 
The mug itself comes in a good quality and the print looks nice. While the colors of the print may vary, each owner of this mug can be proud to have his very individual edition.
The playability of this mug is quite good: you can store things in it and it will even contain hot liquids until they are drunken. 
Besides that, the functions could have been a bit better. I can imagine self heating mugs, or self refilling ones. Try to think outside the box EB!
And as you can see on the pictures, this is a left handed mug! For future editions I would recommend a right handed version, to improve it's usability.
To come to an end: this prize came without any instructions. While the build wasn't too difficult, the usage was somewhat nebulous. I think it's best for coffee on Sunday mornings.

M06.jpeg

Thanks to EB, EB members and TC13 voters.

:laugh: 

Awesome review of an equally awesome set :thumbup: 

You made my day :laugh: 

Excellent review and fabtastic photos :thumbup:. Given the rareness of this set, the prices on the aftermarket will skyrocket and I see no hope of getting one at all ;-)

3 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Excellent review and fabtastic photos :thumbup:. Given the rareness of this set, the prices on the aftermarket will skyrocket and I see no hope of getting one at all ;-)

I already see them popping up on Bricklink and eBay for 60/70 bucks and prices will probably skyrocket in the future. I'm afraid it's a bit too much for my taste. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Bricklink and eBay for 60/70 bucks and prices

Wow! So little for such a rare set? Doesn't only, like, 1 copy of it exist?

Once again, congrats @MegaRoi! Your cup review was awesome, so can't wait for your boost review :laugh:

Coffee tastes ridiculously good these days! Thanks for the nice mug :thumbup:!

800x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

you've got it wrong its a right handed mug so you show off your Technic building skills while drinking your desired beverage

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Coffee tastes ridiculously good these days! Thanks for the nice mug :thumbup:!

Hehe nice pic!!

15 minutes ago, Seasider said:

you've got it wrong its a right handed mug so you show off your Technic building skills while drinking your desired beverage

Funny that you mention it. I have been pondering over right or left handed. I am right handed, but I drink my coffee with my left hand. That means I would see the image myself. But you are right, the mug is right handed, so you are probably meant to drink with your right hand...to show off the award :laugh: 

4 hours ago, Jim said:

But you are right, the mug is right handed, so you are probably meant to drink with your right hand...to show off the award :laugh: 

Yes of course! :laugh:

Look at that nice mug!

26804712548_512eb79cc1_b.jpg

It is too cute to use it to drink a cofee. :blush:

5 hours ago, Seasider said:

I noticed that too, but the narcissist in me likes to hold it left-handed so I can see the silver cup myself :laugh:

Edited by Didumos69
Rephrased

15 hours ago, Anto said:

Yes of course! :laugh:

Look at that nice mug!

That is one sweet picture.

I don't know if the yellow backdrop is on purpose, but it does work very well with the mug and model.