Athos

Non-Pirate Mini-Figures Useful for Pirate MOCing?

4178754893_8a06b612a1_o.jpg

I used goldtooth's head, a atlantis head and an old castle head for my male pirates and marion's torso for a female pirate. Works great if you ask me.

Edited by badboytje88

I use some old Harry Potter Torsos like the one with red shirt and open gray coat (Harry from Prisoner of Azkaban) It looks good and has no anachronistic stuff in it- also the Peter Pettigrew's torso is ok for merchant- then Indiana Jones stuff like Short Round's coat seems to be quite useful- as well as already mentioned Orient expedition and Han Solo's simple vests and shirt- new Indiana Jones Venice chase had fezis- good for eastern pirates and Chaucilla Cemetary have indians with pretty useful torsos as well- some of those of course do have some fleshy skin :pir-hmpf_bad:

Badboy used it already, but head from new Atlantis just has to be used

8075-minifig1.jpg

picture from Daoudbazzar's review

Edited by Piterio

Badboy used it already, but head from new Atlantis just has to be used

8075-minifig1.jpg

picture from Daoudbazzar's review

Isn't that head double-sided, though? All of the pirate hats still show the back of the head. I guess the Spanish helmet kind of works, but I don't have one, so I can't test this.

I think the chef's torso from 8398 City Impulse set looks good as a sailor's/pirate's torso, and perhaps even better as an Imperial torso (for a possible new faction of whitecoats), as shown on the right minifig.

chef_torsos.jpg

Isn't that head double-sided, though? All of the pirate hats still show the back of the head. I guess the Spanish helmet kind of works, but I don't have one, so I can't test this.

Bandanas/rag hats kind-of cover up the back of the head, but if it really bothers you, the only solution would be to brasso it... :pir-look: Bit of a disappointment, that.

I think the chef's torso from 8398 City Impulse set looks good as a sailor's/pirate's torso, and perhaps even better as an Imperial torso (for a possible new faction of whitecoats), as shown on the right minifig.

Not another faction! :pir_laugh2: They look pretty good for normal sailors - neckerchief and plain torso.

I've been looking at Dastan's hair from Prince of Persia and thinking it might be useful in my Pirate crew, and it just occured to me that the perfect head for it might be the double-sided eyepatch-beard guy from Atlantis. What better way to hide the other side of the head than with Dastan's tousled mane? None of the pirate hats work, and most other long hair pieces look too girly for a guy... (no offense Luke Skywalker)

I'd be grateful if someone could supply a picture of Dastan's hair with the eyepatch-beard guy on a Pirate torso... :pir-blush:

This minifig head looks awesome with dumbledore's hair. It covers up the back face perfectly, and is very characterful. I have that combination and the blue torso with red and white stripes to make my first mate. :jollyroger:

I'd be grateful if someone could supply a picture of Dastan's hair with the eyepatch-beard guy on a Pirate torso... :pir-blush:

4612028831_bca7d92b9a_o.jpg

but i thought that the brown hair and a grey beard dont really go that well togethor. not so visible in the pic due to my photographic inabilities, but unless the guy is dying his hair and not his beard, then might look a little strange?

4612028829_651c08debc_o.jpg

there is no way to hide the double sided head with any of the headgear i could think of. tried with the conquistador helmet, but it does not hide anything.

4612028833_1aa3ec65ea_o.jpg

i think the daston hair might work better with other heads though, its certainly an excellent new option with uses from castle through pirates and into town. and on the right is an indy hair piece, i thought that might be suitable, as a unkempt pirate. but on the other hand almost looks beatle esque!

Edited by mikey

4612028831_bca7d92b9a_o.jpg

but i thought that the brown hair and a grey beard dont really go that well togethor. not so visible in the pic due to my photographic inabilities, but unless the guy is dying his hair and not his beard, then might look a little strange?

4612028829_651c08debc_o.jpg

there is no way to hide the double sided head with any of the headgear i could think of. tried with the conquistador helmet, but it does not hide anything.

I love those minifigures, Yarr shiver my timbers :pir_laugh2: Great work man, i would gladly buy those if those would come in LEGO Stores :pir-blush:

Captain Becker

Of course, some of these will need a bit of editing *cough*Yoda*cough* X-D

Yoda could be a goblinoid or gnomish sailor.

When I heard about the 'Hula Girl' from Minifig Series 3, I thought she was going to be a modern vacationer.

Looking at her now, she's actually very 'Islander' looking. She doesn't have a mask or anything painted on her face, but none of her clothes are actually very modern. She could easily fit into the pirate theme.

What do you think? Is she Alohilohi, the daughter of the chief and the first Islander minifig in more than a decade, or is she just Susan from accounts, getting in touch with her wild side?

Edit: She is like this, but less of a racial stereotype:

pi066.jpg

Edited by David Thomsen

Okay, so who thinks the new Musketeer figure from Series 4 would be useful for the Pirates range?

Musketeer hat?

Épée?

Yes. I am getting me some of that.

Okay, so who thinks the new Musketeer figure from Series 4 would be useful for the Pirates range?

Musketeer hat?

Épée?

The Rapier too my thinks... not quite a cutlass, but certainly fancier looking!

I believe Zorro would be looking to add to his sigfig once he gets his hand on this MF. :wink:

Other non-pirate MF that may be useful include a lot of the Middle Eastern figures portray in the Indiana Jones sets.

7195-1.jpg

Not all of the torsos are very piratey, such as the torsos found on these guys:

7197-1.jpg

However, swapping out some PoP torsos (such as the main characters)

7569-1.jpg

or swapping some Ninja torsos can quickly make the figures look more like Saracen Pirates.

4805-1.jpg

The Rapier too my thinks... not quite a cutlass, but certainly fancier looking!

I think it's more of an épée than a rapier... it has that rounded hand-guard, whereas a rapier has a more traditional cross shape.

I've just realised what we're going to see in minifig series five or six - a fencer in a white suit and a mask. It seems inevitable, now that I think about it.

Sorry for double posting, I've been thinking about the Musketeer some more and pondering which other two heads I will add to make a set of Three Musketeers. Here are some thoughts from the Collectible Minifig range itself:

The Forestman:

3626bpb427.jpg?1

The Magician:

3626bpb432.jpg?1

The Ringmaster:

3626bpb461.jpg?1

The Samurai:

3626bpb509.jpg?1

Looking at them like this, I'll definitely go with the Forestman, but after that it's a close call between the Magician and the Saumurai. I'll wait until I can see heads on bodies before I make my final decision. The Magician matches the Dashing Swordsman image better, but maybe I want a strong, silent Musketeer instead...

[edit]Or I could break the Dumas Rule of Three and have as many Musketeers as I want, but I don't want to be one of those army builders who snatches up all of one minifig so no one else can have it.. three seems like a good number.

Edited by David Thomsen