Norton74

[MOC] Antique gas station | Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix

Fill 'Er Up!

A while back I presented the Bugatti Type 35 Grand Prix pictured being unearthed in an elderly farmer’s barn. This time the little Bugatti is ready to be "fueled up" in a period gas station. Back in the twenties gasoline was sold in quite simple shacks, at times they were drugstores, at times they were pharmacies. What it's sure the early gas stations were very different from modernist or art déco ones.

27805769569_d39a26d126_b.jpg

Recently Blocks magazine featured my Bugatti in haystack with step by step building instructions (below) and few days ago I uploaded the pics on my flickr photostream. So if you can't buy a classic racecar you can build it from LEGO!

25192059467_7953520886_b.jpg

26397344138_e8ec9f6118_b.jpg

38459440160_7172164169_b.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

This is a great model with many nice and realistic details! Extra thanks for sharing the car instructions! :classic: :thumbup:

Wow! Another spectacular build by you! I really love your unique style! Amazing color scheme! Don’t know what to say :wub:

On 2/20/2018 at 6:47 PM, t-brick said:

This is a great model with many nice and realistic details! Extra thanks for sharing the car instructions! :classic: :thumbup:

On 2/20/2018 at 7:06 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

This is fantastic! Great details throughout and overall a very solid looking build!

On 2/20/2018 at 7:43 PM, SERVATOR said:

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :)

On 2/20/2018 at 7:56 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Wow! Another spectacular build by you! I really love your unique style! Amazing color scheme! Don’t know what to say :wub:

On 2/20/2018 at 11:07 PM, DK_Titan said:

Beautiful 

Thanks a bunch for your kind words and appreciation.

I'm very sorry for my delay in replying, but I was busy in building new MOCs :wink:

Realy cool model, very regonisable too. Also the shed and everything looks great. And the plants to the wall is a great detail.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:50 AM, neonic said:

Realy cool model, very regonisable too. Also the shed and everything looks great. And the plants to the wall is a great detail.

Thank you :classic: 

That is just perfect!! The building itself is spot on with all the details and textures you've added (love the telegraph poles too!) and of course the car looks beautiful (wish LEGO would do these sort of vehicles in the Speed Champions range as they have much more character than the modern supercars!!) Anyway, thanks to you, now I can build my own!!

Excellent work!!

19 hours ago, Juroen said:

Wow, really great details on this MOC.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, greg3 said:

That is just perfect!! The building itself is spot on with all the details and textures you've added (love the telegraph poles too!) and of course the car looks beautiful (wish LEGO would do these sort of vehicles in the Speed Champions range as they have much more character than the modern supercars!!) Anyway, thanks to you, now I can build my own!!

Excellent work!!

Thanks! Glad you appreciate the details I've added at this MOC. I look forward to seeing yours :wink:

45 minutes ago, bamsham363 said:

very nice, great theme and colours, one to definatel buid, and the kids love it more than official sets, thanks for sharing

Thank you! :sweet::sweet::sweet:

At risk of abuse about the head and ears for reviving older posts.   I just wanted to say I had seen photos of this before and never knew the author.   Last night I followed your instructions quite easily... Then added a few detail elements to an already great model.   

I wanted to thank you as well because I also re-created some of your station scenery which was a pleasant challenge.  

But mainly you gave me inspiration to design a "stove pipe" visible gas pump to go along with the Type 35.

Excellent work and thank you for sharing this! 

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

On 11/14/2018 at 12:45 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

At risk of abuse about the head and ears for reviving older posts.   I just wanted to say I had seen photos of this before and never knew the author.   Last night I followed your instructions quite easily... Then added a few detail elements to an already great model.   

I wanted to thank you as well because I also re-created some of your station scenery which was a pleasant challenge.  

But mainly you gave me inspiration to design a "stove pipe" visible gas pump to go along with the Type 35.

Excellent work and thank you for sharing this! 

You're very welcome! Thanks for your kind words, always a pleasure to be an inspiration.

Keep up the good work!

On 11/18/2018 at 1:29 PM, gotoAndLego said:

This is very nice. I also like your Mooneyes trucks and rod.

Thanks! Glad you like also the Mooneyes "fleet" :)

On 2/20/2018 at 6:41 PM, Norton74 said:

Recently Blocks magazine featured my Bugatti in haystack with step by step building instructions (below) and few days ago I uploaded the pics on my flickr photostream. So if you can't buy a classic racecar you can build it from LEGO!

I know that is an old topic, but I can't keep silence, because it looks amazing!

7 hours ago, BrickAA said:

I know that is an old topic, but I can't keep silence, because it looks amazing!

Same, the gas station also kind of reminds me of the one in GTA V in Sandy Shores.

16 hours ago, BrickAA said:

No worry about the age of this topic, it's always a pleaure share my creations with others fans :classic:
Thank you and glad you like it!

9 hours ago, noahtheb said:

Same, the gas station also kind of reminds me of the one in GTA V in Sandy Shores.

Thanks! Glad you like it and thanks for that reference :thumbup: