Bricked1980

Adding a Banner Image to Profile Page

Does anybody know if or how it's possible to add a banner image to the top of my profile page? By default everyone has a large grey box that appears behind their avatar image at the top of their profile. I notice that some people have got their's replaced with a large banner picture though.

Can anybody do this or is the option only reserved for Eurobricks Staff?

21 minutes ago, KamalMYafi said:

I can't seem to find any member with banner on their profile though.

12 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Me neither. Which member did you see @Bricked1980?

Here are a few I'd seen...

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/486-hinckley/

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/1558-shadows/

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/profile/8966-fugazi/

They each have their own personalised banner running across the top of the profile page. These are all Eurobricks staff and moderators though so I'm assuming only they are allowed to have this. 

Interesting. Indeed it seems they can be added but only from the Admin panel. I never noticed!

12 hours ago, JopieK said:

Interesting. Indeed it seems they can be added but only from the Admin panel. I never noticed!

So does that mean the option isn't possible for general EB members?

Well I can ask in the other staff but I think that is a correct notion :) (I could think of a few reasons that is done (technical [if it only works in the back end and the forum itself does not support it], load [if users all upload very large images], possible abuse scenarios)).

5 hours ago, JopieK said:

Well I can ask in the other staff but I think that is a correct notion :) (I could think of a few reasons that is done (technical [if it only works in the back end and the forum itself does not support it], load [if users all upload very large images], possible abuse scenarios)).

Ok thanks. Yes I can imagine the issues it could cause if everyone was allowed to upload large banner images. Thanks for letting me know anyway. :classic:

I will bring this issue to the staff and see what we want to do. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I will bring this issue to the staff and see what we want to do. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

In case we can't upload a picture, could the default color be changed to white? :grin: Just a suggestion

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

In case we can't upload a picture, could the default color be changed to white? :grin: Just a suggestion

That would be a good compromise, though it would be better to have a choice of multiple colors. :wink:

I was hoping to be able to add a picture in to the box but I'd be happy to just be able to alter the colour as well.

I noticed that the pictures don't only show up on the profile page. If you look at the list of topics under the different forums pages and hover your mouse over the avatars of the different members, the grey box pops up there as well. In the case of the staff member who have their own banner images, it shows a thumbnail of this instead of the grey box.

On 2/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, Hinckley said:

Just wondered, did anything come of this? Wasn't sure whether the option might have been added over the weekend whilst EB was offline for maintenance.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:08 AM, Robert8 said:

This :thumbup: If nothing else, that big gray box is not too hot. 

Just noticed that since last weeks server upgrades, the grey box at the top of the profile pages has been replaced with a generic patterned background. Also if you click the box, it collapses the rest of the page and opens up a larger view of the patterned background. This has only been the case since last weeks upgrade.

This would seem to suggest that the banner box is intended to hold a picture or photograph. Does anyone know if this is now possible? I've been trying to find the option to add a photo on my own profile page but can't find the option to do it.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:06 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Just noticed that since last weeks server upgrades, the grey box at the top of the profile pages has been replaced with a generic patterned background. Also if you click the box, it collapses the rest of the page and opens up a larger view of the patterned background. This has only been the case since last weeks upgrade.

This would seem to suggest that the banner box is intended to hold a picture or photograph. Does anyone know if this is now possible? I've been trying to find the option to add a photo on my own profile page but can't find the option to do it.

Yes, is meant to be a banner pic, but that option is not available

And I think the new background looks way way better :classic: