Sign in to follow this  
TJJohn12

[MOC] Star Tours Starspeeder 3000

Piloted by RX-24, the Starspeeder 3000 offered direct service to the forest moon of Endor for 23 years from its original spaceport location in Disneyland. While the RX-series of droids were known for unstable personalities, the Endor-bound shuttles did *occasionally* reach their proper destination. Star Tours operated as one of the galaxy's premier travel agencies.

40223919652_db4949a8c2_z.jpg
See more images on Flickr

-----

An addition to my growing collection of Disneyland ride vehicles, the Starspeeder 3000 was an obvious next model to tackle. Star Tours opened in January 1987, allowing visitors to fly into the Star Wars universe themselves for the first time. The ship's pilot Rex - voiced by Paul Reubens - ends up missing Endor and instead diving into the trench run to destroy the Death Star. The original Star Tours closed in 2010, transforming into a new version of the ride "Star Tours: The Adventures Continue."

This Starspeeder model - in the original Star Tours livery - features working doors.

Very nicely done.  I love the classic look and feel that you've captured really well here.  This certainly makes me nostalgic.

Good job!