MnnMtq

[MOC] Amsterdam Chanel Boutique

Imagine: you're busy building on a new project, and you're almost finished.... then someone with the same idea goes all over the internet with his building. That's not funny!  (sh*t happens :sadnew:)

It didn't hold me back of completing my version of: The Chanel Boutique in Amsterdam! It's located in the P.C. Hooftstraat: the well known street of only expensive shops. My version is very accurate: the size of the windows, the amount of windows and the height are all precise. 

The most extraordinary thing about this building is that it is made completely out of glass: the bricks, the doors, window sills, window frames and even the doorhandles... erverything is crystal clear glass! That explains the official name of this building: The Crystal Houses designed by Dutch architect office MVRDV

The glass bricks gradually go over in the famous Dutch bricks you see everywhere used in Amsterdam's canal houses. The glass bricks are an invention of the Technical University of Delft. 

I started building this last december... and no: I didn't count the trans-clear plates! :pir_tong2:

Check: Flickr > BrickShelf > Creating the Crystal Houses (in Dutch)

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

A unique subject, and a great interpretation of it!  You've captured it beautifully from top to bottom.  I think you're may look better than the real thing.  :classic:

On 18-2-2018 at 11:52 PM, NewTown said:

Wow! That is fantastic. Nice work.

Thanks for the compliments! :sweet:

On 19-2-2018 at 1:01 AM, deraven said:

A unique subject, and a great interpretation of it!  You've captured it beautifully from top to bottom.  I think you're may look better than the real thing.  :classic:

Thanks for the amazing compliments! It was really fun to build :wink::thumbup:

It looks great and deserves way more replies i.m.o.  I like the top half of this building maybe even more, as it is very recognizable for dutch style buildings!!!  Great work!

Great MOC, love the effect created with the 1x1 plates, especially with the lights! The interior is very nice as well! You’re so talented at replicating real buildings :classic:

Wow, I've never seen such an architectural design before. Thanks for sharing your LEGO version it. You really captured it well in LEGO form which surely was no easy task.