Bart

[SR - FB - LDD] Shipwright Brothers

boatmaker3.lxfboatmaker2boatmaker.lxf

After passing a very rough Sea of Storms, Rodsh found him self in Bastion. His crew is off to enjoy the town, Cathy is out to get provision for the ship. 
But Rodsh himself travelled to the outskirts of town just a little up the Lifeflow river where he finds the Shipwright Brothers. Masters in building small boats, sloops, launches, and even the odd canoe, you tell them what you want and they’ll build it. 

Rodsh is there to order new boats for his ship, as he lost two on his travels, and the other one is beyond repair, or as the boatswain said it, “a rotten death trap”.

They recently hired a new apprentice, who today is trying steam bending planks for the first time. He’s quick to find out why they gave him those pliers to hold the plank.

The power drill in the row boat is a bit of an odd choice, but an interesting scene nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

The power drill in the row boat is a bit of an odd choice, but an interesting scene nonetheless.

I had ment to change that before rendering the pictures, damn :/ :/ it was a personal joke during the build.. 

Great shipyard scene, very nicely rendered! 

48 minutes ago, Bart said:

damn :/ :/ it was a personal joke during the build.. 

Lol!

Thanks, 
I render with Bluerender, a piece of software made by an EB member, download somewhere on the forum. I increased the pixel count by a big amount to get the grainy look I experienced before out of it. now it only takes a bit longer to render, 1½ hours or so.

I now feel like the boiler could have used some colour somewhere, but at first I wanted to make a fire in it but that didn't work out to my liking at all so I closed the door of it so to speak. 

Hahaha, there are indeed some funny jokes implemented! Great job Bart! Glad to see you building again!

I'm trying my best to see the fun in the drill, but secretly I want to hide under the table.
Just imagine it started with a cheese slope I saw fit to be a plane, shaving studs. 

57 minutes ago, Bart said:

I'm trying my best to see the fun in the drill, but secretly I want to hide under the table.
Just imagine it started with a cheese slope I saw fit to be a plane, shaving studs. 

I missed the plane at first good brick usage there ... You should probably patent your drill design and recharging system though you could really corner the market considering historically the first was built in 1889 lol