Sign in to follow this  
Versteinert

[MOC] Some aliens and truths - Lego Ideas "moments in space"

Hi there, I just found out that obviously it isn't against the rules to share Lego Ideas projects or in this case contest entries. I know, I'm a bit late, but I nevertheless want to show you my entries to the Lego Ideas "Moments in space" contest. You know, I would be very glad if you vote for them and perhaps could leave a comment. Thanks in advance :)

My first one is the Rocket-catching alien . As I decided to just build an alien from simple bricks, there were most spaceships and rovers submitted and I thought it was something different to add just an alien. As I'm not native english speaking, I didn't understand the rules completely and thought that every special brick (like minifig tools and so on) would be denied. That gave the alien this mixel style ;). Well, and to give it something to play and tell a short story about it, I built a tiny rocket as well...

5182121-mis_1-AoAqFMSO8z4KNQ-thumbnail-f

My second entry is the Dark side of the moon. It's a rotatable model of the moon with an astronaut (Neil Armstrong?) on one and an alien on the other side. I started building this few days before the submission period would end. This time I got, that minifigs and some tools are allowed. I originally built it with a tiny lunar module instead of the rocket, but unfortunately this first version was denied by the Lego Ideas team just few hours before the submission period would end. So I had to fast change the entry. Though I didn't have time to build a completely new spaceship or something, I just added the rocket of my other entry. Unfortunately it was too high to turn the rotatable moon. Therefore I had to enlarge the stand a bit. Meanwhile I built a lower rocket and therefore could lower the stand a bit again as well. I updated my entry, but the update function isn't really implemented yet. So I'll post a picture of the updated model as well.

5192225-Mond_rocket_1-GSzMxGTplGkzng-thu5192229-Mond_rocket_2-kGNnlvZPDX5n1g-thu

And the updated version:

5213588-Mond_update_1-Lxhv4ANANBHCgQ-thu

And just to show you, what I'm talking about: The lunar module out of the first version of my "Dark side of the mooon"-entry. I had the US-flag removed, but it was nevertheless rejected. After asking I was told that the lunar module would be the problem.

40306045391_6f32b4869b_c.jpgMond2_astr by Versteinert MOC, auf Flickr

The lunar module is great!  Too bad about that.

That's the Lego die piece, right?  Does that ever show up in sets as a piece, or is it really only ever the die?

Yes, it's the die. I don't know any sets with this part which of course doesn't mean that it wouldn't be possible for the future ;)