Murdoch17

4-8-2 streamlined steam locomotive with Ohio Pacific passenger train

Please NOTE: There never was a Ohio Pacific railroad in the real world, but in my fictional universe, it never made it to the California coast, just to Denver, Colorado at it's western-most terminal with New York City being it's eastern-most point. As such, this locomotive is entirely fictional, with the paint scheme for the coaches inspired the real-world Missouri Pacific.

40256090512_00759a8386_z.jpg

This model was inspired by user @brickblues and his 4-6-2 Mallard-styled steam locomotive. My version of the engine is a 4-8-2, which means it has four leading, eight driving, and two trailing wheels, making it a Mountain type locomotive. The engine is streamlined with a blue shell around the boiler with tan and white stripes in places.

40256089632_ac80f3fe49_z.jpg

The tender is supposed to say "Ohio Pacific" in printed 1 x 1 tiles, while the cab is supposed to say 6093 (also in printed tiles).

38491726050_bfe65030f7_z.jpg

The cab of the loco should features this print for the firebox door that is lacking in the LDD file.

40256089702_d442ef8d42_z.jpg

The baggage car features opening double doors for the baggage end and single doors for the passenger end.

40256089772_c244baf66c_z.jpg

The three coach cars are identical with two opening doors at either end.

40256090012_1b5fffb5e2_z.jpg

The observation car features a open-air rear platform for looking at the passing scenery.

40256089912_698b767cf0_z.jpg

This train is on the to-build list (which is getting longer all the time!) in real bricks. As usual, comments, questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome!

Love the look of the streamlined locomotive!   Nice job on that observation car with the rear platform, too!

Heck yeah, that's a sweet streamliner! :thumbup: :grin:

The locomotive's front is just perfect in its shaping, and I love how the grey Nexo shield works with it!

4 hours ago, icemorons said:

Love the look of the streamlined locomotive!   Nice job on that observation car with the rear platform, too!

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heck yeah, that's a sweet streamliner! :thumbup: :grin:

The locomotive's front is just perfect in its shaping, and I love how the grey Nexo shield works with it!

It's actually white, but thank you anyway! :grin: You guys might like this new picture of my streamlined steam locos so far:

39592459574_9dbda70eba_z.jpg

From left to right: Brick Railway Systems 4-8-2 (Mountain 6847), Southern Pacific 4-8-4 (GS-6 Daylight 4460) Ohio Pacific 4-8-2 (Mountain 6093) LegoLand Railway 4-6-4 (Hudson 8929)

All these locos (but the Ohio one) have been built in real life.

22 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Thanks!

It's actually white, but thank you anyway! :grin: You guys might like this new picture of my streamlined steam locos so far:

39592459574_9dbda70eba_z.jpg

From left to right: Brick Railway Systems 4-8-2 (Mountain 6847), Southern Pacific 4-8-4 (GS-6 Daylight 4460) Ohio Pacific 4-8-2 (Mountain 6093) LegoLand Railway 4-6-4 (Hudson 8929)

All these locos (but the Ohio one) have been built in real life.

That's quite the nice fleet you have there!   They all look great!  There's just something about the curving of the nose on the blue streamlined engine that makes it look best to me.    You should be very proud.

14 hours ago, icemorons said:

That's quite the nice fleet you have there!   They all look great!  There's just something about the curving of the nose on the blue streamlined engine that makes it look best to me.    You should be very proud.

Why thank you! I personally like the reddish brown one best... but it's a very close race between them all.