Jerac

First Order TIE Fighters

The truly mindblowing thing is that these models are not only incredibly accurate, they're also perfectly swooshable. In fact, with the exception of Imperial TIEs' cockpits (which I suspect Jerac intends to fix in an upcoming review) everything is extremely sturdy. They're basically ready for (slightly older) children!

And Jerac, thank you! 

Edited by DomMk

I'm currently assembling the TIE/fo and trying to figure out why you exchanged the bottom dish from the TIE/ln and TIE/in (and later reused for the TIE/x1). My original hypothesis was that this was forced by a lack of a black 6x6 dish but that's not it. Was it the vertical engine layout?

Edit: Just noticed the double post – sorry. :(

Edited by DomMk

Dude that’s awesome. I decided to make an account just to tell you how amazing these builds are. Too bad LEGO hasn’t made any of these real sets... it would be great to have an army of them.

Thanks again for appreciation! It is nice to get a coin or two, but people liking my creations are what is truly heartwarming and proving it is worth doing!

18 hours ago, DomMk said:

I'm currently assembling the TIE/fo and trying to figure out why you exchanged the bottom dish from the TIE/ln and TIE/in (and later reused for the TIE/x1). My original hypothesis was that this was forced by a lack of a black 6x6 dish but that's not it. Was it the vertical engine layout?

Edit: Just noticed the double post – sorry. :(

Actually neither of these reasons! I did this to try another guns and cockpit solution. The one used in standard Imperial T/F is, altough a little bit more true to real model, is very fragile and difficult to adjust. Multiple photos of people doing it wrong prove it. Naturally it is not their fault, but designer's. Eventually T/F will be updated and it will get this newer gun solution used in FO TIEs. 

Hi !

Just a quick reply to say that those model are simply incredible. I will brick build one for sure in the future ! (First I would love to build a U-Wing)

I have just two question : one of the difference between your FO and Imperial TIE are the lenght of the wing pylons. If I'm correct, this is an optical illusion as the difference between the two are not on pylon size but wing size : FO TIE wings are smaller than Imperial ones. At least this is the case for 'canon' size as the Imperial TIE get so many different measures. TIE Comparison Bandai models

And a second question that I already asked in another topic : why don't you used the trans red TIE windscreen ? I would give a more distinctive First Order look for this model in my opinion.

But overall, I have to say that your model is near perfection and an absolute masterpiece ;)