Bregir

The Great Ball of King's Harbour

I am so happy to see so much interest - and of course both OL, SR, and ESL citizens are welcome (as long as they are not enemies of the state... ;) ).

There is still room for more, and I have decided that this much interest warrants an expansion, so the ball will expand into the nearby park and guest rooms:

40385956261_8ec752f7f1_z.jpg

Generally, I will try to recreate as many main characters as possible, but will probably only represent the side characters that I have the parts at hand for, lest I be banned from bricklink for sucking it dry of all pirate minifig parts! :P
I am already compiling a list and have found most of the parts - but I will wait a bit to see if more people show interest, before writing a check to the nearest well-stocked bricklink store... ;)

On 18/2/2018 at 8:20 PM, KotZ said:

Elise can join in place of Emile

Can you help me where I should find her dress? What set is it from, or do you have the bricklink parts number?

I have expressed interest but not on this post, here is Spud 

23834775268_fc8db9028b.jpg

If it's difficult sourcing the kilt, I'm happy to use an alternative character.

Edited by Spud The Viking

Wow, your project is becoming something huge, and I really like the style of what you showed us! Now I only wish there will be some fine Oleander wine besides your barbarous Corlander liquors... :pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Can you help me where I should find her dress? What set is it from, or do you have the bricklink parts number?

I think it's just a recolor in LDD Extended of one of the pirate princesses' dresses. If she goes, it doesn't have to be completely accurate.

45 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

Wow, your project is becoming something huge, and I really like the style of what you showed us! Now I only wish there will be some fine Oleander wine besides your barbarous Corlander liquors... :pir_laugh2:

Well if Elise goes, there's bound to be fine Oleander rum.:pir-grin:

I'd like for Agnes Mesabi to attend, she was last seen in Governor Cooke's office.

Also, Lady Zumbro (Agnes's Mother) Should attend, as she has made her way to the new world. 

27580191099_b09d68cc38_z.jpgMerrynight by North White, on Flickr

It can be expected that one or both of them will:

• Try to spike the punch. (If the punch is alcoholic, they will dump stronger alcohol in it)
  • Have a drunken meltdown on the dance floor
  • Flirt with inanimate objects
  • Pickpocket other guests
  • Declare that any argument is a duel, and proceed to shoot their opponent. 
  • Blow up trees
  • get kicked out

Feel free to pick any or none of those behaviors. :classic:

@Mesabi 

I cannot find Lady Zumbro's Torso. Where is it from?

@KotZ

I cannot find Elise's torso/dress. Where is it from?

@LM71Blackbird

I cannot find the torso for Rickard Brickford in black. Do you know where it is from?

16 hours ago, Bregir said:

I cannot find the torso for Rickard Brickford in black. Do you know where it is from?

It's from the Judge of the series 9 minifigure collection released in 2013 found here: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=col138#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

The torso only comes in a red and black scheme with the white tie, which would actually work out great! Showing Corrington colors at an important event is even better. Here's the torso: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1312c01#T=S&C=5&O={"color":5,"iconly":0}

Edited by LM71Blackbird

16 hours ago, Bregir said:

@Mesabi 

I cannot find Lady Zumbro's Torso. Where is it from?

She is Professor Sprout from Harry Potter. Feel free to find a cheaper alternative though :classic:

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:14 AM, Bregir said:

I cannot find Elise's torso/dress. Where is it from

I think it's an LDD extended recolor of one of blue dress from the Medieval Market Village.

I am still waiting for the last BrickLink orders but the first guests are starting to show up.

39063823320_1a7c9fb32e_c.jpg

I expect to get it up this week, and will try to give all characters a relevant cameo of some sort. Thanks for the interest so far. I hope not to disappoint! :)

Already looking very impressive! :thumbup:

Will we see some "not-yellow" minifigs though?

This looks even more impressive in color ... Cant wait to see the whole thing come together ... I see a lot of familiar faces in the crowd

I really like the pianno. And it's very awesome when I spotted Rodsh and Cathy in that group.

Bregir, looking good! :thumbup:  I'm really looking forward to seeing how you present the ball itself!

It seems I am a bit late for this, but on such a fine festivity some guys would really like to attend:

24004453511_4b68da0b91_n.jpg

Colonel William Oswald Brickinson

37692691681_1c03e0e7a6_n.jpg

Alberto da Pontelli

37692699641_8f99c0e3e1_n.jpg

Captain Cookie

They are all rushing to King's Harbour at this very moment!

:pir-grin:

Thanks guys - the last Bricklink orders have arrived, so now I need to figure out what everyone is to talk about, and to whom, finish the last tweaks of the builds, and take the photos... :)

22 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Will we see some "not-yellow" minifigs though?

Mordo and the Fontonajos. I originally meant to "yellowfy" them all, but couldn't represent them properly.

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

They are all rushing to King's Harbour at this very moment!

Some of them might change into more... formal (well, different...) clothes, but I will try to include them as best I can! :)

Brickinson will seek other military men, Alberto scientists, and captain cookie... pirates? :P

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Thanks guys - the last Bricklink orders have arrived, so now I need to figure out what everyone is to talk about, and to whom, finish the last tweaks of the builds, and take the photos... :)

Looking forward to it! :pir-classic:

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, Bregir said:

I am still waiting for the last BrickLink orders but the first guests are starting to show up.

Looks great so far! I think I see my participants!

On 19/03/2018 at 11:47 PM, Kai NRG said:

Looking forward to it! :pir-classic:

So do I! :pir-wink:

8 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Looks great so far! I think I see my participants!

Happy they are recognisable! - I have had to take some limited liberties with some minifigs, but I will try to make the story identify each of the participants.

8 hours ago, Bodi said:

Great build! Haven't spotted Lagaufre's family yet.:pir-grin:

I am a bit short on peg legs and the very large hats, but I have their faces and torsoes. Would Lagaufre (and Romain) be inclined to wear a wig indoors? (or suitable brown hair pieces?) And Lady Lagaufre may not turn out entirely accurate, but I will try to include her as best I can. No kids allowed at the ball, though. :)