Bregir

The Great Ball of King's Harbour

38460999600_575de40168.jpg

To all noteworthy citizens of the Brick Seas,

King's Harbour has recently received Royal Recognition as a city of the Empire, and to celebrate this, Colonial Governor Jtno. Cooke, Captain, RN, wishes to invite dignitaries of all nations to a ball in the soon to be opened Governor's House (See spolier). One of the first events of its kind in Terra Nova, the Governor hopes that socialites from all over the Brick Seas will make their way to King's Harbour to join in the festivities, the banquet, and the following ball. (Dancing optional)

Should you be interested in attending, please send your card to King's Harbour so the event can be planned accordingly.

Your host,

Captain Jno. Cooke, RN

Colonial Governor, The Southern Isles

Spoiler

40251367091_cf475dfc0e.jpg

OOC: Why not celebrate? I am building a ballroom and thought I might as well populate it. I hope to see many sig figs or their representatives making their way to King's Harbour, and will try to recreate everyone who attends to the best of my abilities. Fleshies might be "yellowfied" and I might need a little help in identifying proper parts, but I will do my best.

I will of course highly encourage a few story builds leading up to the ball getting your characters to King's Harbour, and you are welcome to build here while you are at it, but it is not a requirement. Only the most obvious plotholes will be denied. (eg. if your character is known to be far way to the south. But then you can always send someone else).

If anyone wants to interact specifically with some of the other guests, I will do my best to show that in the build. Just let me know - it may be a good opportunity to talk to a friend, prospective business partner, or strike secret political deals.

I can't make any promises as to timing, but my best guess is in about a month. I think this will be fun :)

Edit: All credit for the coat of arms goes to @Kolonialbeamter

6 hours ago, Garmadon said:

That's a beautiful coat of arms... and a great idea and neat looking ball room so far! :thumbup:

Figs of mine who would be happy to show up if you can build them :grin: - in the spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

35640651903_6eb621b43a_z.jpg

The famous Captain Whiffo of the ETWC Henri... - would not be adverse to dancing, especially if it's the sword dance :laugh:

26408513914_5eb912bbb5_z.jpg

Captain Myles Bowditch of the Fog-Breaker (who really is very difficult to build - but if you happen to have the parts, he'd be happy to show up!) - probably not adverse to dancing either, if you persuade him.  

39256948012_e6eff8d9f9_z.jpg

Mysterious Captain of the Midnight's Mist... and I have no idea if he dances or not - you'll have to consult with him yourself :tongue: :grin:

24630283617_942b42d968_z.jpg

This cool dude who's going incognito for the moment... but that doesn't mean he would miss out on a gathering like this!  For a trimmed beard, see second from right here.  Could probably be found in conversation with one of Kwatchi's characters or anybody else there with piratical tendencies or leanings (maybe Mesabi and co. :pir_tong2: :pir-laugh:)

Of course I don't expect you to be able to fit all of those guys in there, but I figured I'd throw them out there in case you had the parts for one or two!  If you want you could let me know if you settle on one or another, and I may be able to do a build or two of story for them getting there... I shan't promise anything, though, as my building schedule's really rather packed already! :pir-grin:

I think the whole idea is awesome! A nice opportunity to bring ingame characters together, a great possibility for new stories and quite an ambitious building project. :thumbup:

My sigfig will still be in the jungles of Celestia for quite some time, but I would like the following three characters to attend the Great Ball:

1. Mordo of the WTC
    Spoiler

k2lADuY.jpg

Why does he want to attend? As one of the leaders of the WTC Mordo would of course like to represent the company. He wants to make contacts with other traders and possibly high ranking officials of Corrington and/or other nations.

With whom could he interact on the ball? Any character who fits the description in the bullet point above. Small talk about cannons with Captain Dee maybe?

What parts does the minifig use? Mordo is 1:1 this minifig. His head is unique, but the hairpiece is not. I suggest using the correct hair, while substituting head and body for something similar - Mordo could wear an appropriate suit to a ball like this.

2. Wilbur Epper II., Secretary of Science in King's Harbour
    Spoiler

LBuLqqW.jpg

Why does he want to attend? He is not part of the RSNP, but a man of science and a low-level government official in King's Harbour, so would like to be part of such an event in his home town. Meeting minifigs from other nations would sure be interesting! His new title (see below) would surely make him an honoured guest.

With whom could he interact on the ball? Anybody with a scientific background would fit nicely. I assume the recently finished Royal Cocovia Wagonway would be a hot topic on the ball, and as the newly appointed Royal Conductor of Corrinton he would have to say quite a bit about it.

What parts does the minifig use? As seen on the picture. Basically this minifig with a normal redcoat body.

3. Gonzo "Drunknok" Thompson, editor of the "WTC Monthly"

Spoiler

jojTqCf.jpg

Why does he want to attend? He would like to report first-hand from such an important event. It would be a great chance to meet the high society and gather information and the latest gossip.

With whom could he interact on the ball? Anybody of "importance", or anybody with a good story really.

What parts does the minifig use? As seen on the picture, only classic Pirates parts (without newspaer of course, the bottle is optional :wink:).

In the spoilers you can find a picture of each character, their motivation to attend the ball, ideas for character interactions and the parts used for the respective minifig.

Edited by Drunknok

Willem Guilder sends his congratulations to Governor Cooke, and will be happy to attend the ball. With Thaddeus Calvo busy on an adventure, Calvo's friend Madame Marian Villeneuve will be happy to attend with Governor Guilder.

Guilder:

Spoiler

WIllem Guilder, Eslandola's Secretary of Trade, Admius Legistrad of the Colonial Council, Governor of the Sea of Storms, and Director of the Merchants Colonial Trading Company.

guilder_with_pegleg.jpg

Villeneuve:

Spoiler

Marian Villeneuve went to all the right schools and is intelligent and refined. While not a young lady anymore, she was widowed at a young age, and still has her looks. Now independently wealthy, she is often seen in the company of Thaddeus Calvo, an Eslandolan adventurer. She frequently helps finance Calvo's expeditions, sometimes even accompanying him on those adventures.

madame_villeneuve.jpg

Edit: Also, if you could include Lady Pauline Norrington, a minor Corrish character of mine, in the crowd at the ball, it would be appreciated.

Lady Norrington:

Spoiler

lady_pauline_norrington.jpg

I would be glad to see my Celestia quartet at the ball!  If you can make 'em, please let me know asap and I'll try to build a little something explaining how they got from Celestia to King's Harbour.  Uncle would be glad to catch the ear of anyone at the ball interested in paying a ridiculous amount for a large flower. :pir-grin:  Feel free to give those who need it a slightly more formal outfit.  Also it's not all or nothing; if you can just build one or two that's fine!

The quartet:

Uncle:

Fairly common pieces.  Does not object to wearing a pirate hat as long as the skull and crossbones are turned away from the camera. 

:pir_tong2:

32975171555_9aed925712.jpg 

Vance:

If you don't have his hair, don't bother to bring him. 

:pir-laugh:  You're welcome to a witty quip on that subject.  Otherwise he has a rare face which could be substituted with something similar (Ninjago Kai from a Toys R Us promo) and pants from Zane in the Ninjago Movie.

28234428479_a1d23d8569.jpg 

Amira:

Face is from Skylor (Ninjago) and torso from the CMF Cowgirl.

40012863651_8fe24c575c.jpg 

Bob:

Short pants by the way.

39981927332_90ca15cc7f.jpg 

Edited by Kai NRG

Nobody really knows the whereabouts of Rodsh and his crew, they cast off early in ERA I and haven't been heared off or seen since. In his name a trade post, a brothel and a counterfeiter are working. It is suspected that they are still in contact with Rodsh. Rumour goes that he sailed beyond the edges of the map, to find          .....             ....   nothing. 

What is not a better way to get back to know the people of the world by attending this ball. 

Although he is a Sea Rat, he is not on bad footing with any of the (dictated. regulated ) civilised nations, for him being away so long, and not having been in any of the major events of Era I. 

Spoiler

tumblr_o0692h8upi1v3ybdko1_540.jpg

tumblr_o0696lXKOs1v3ybdko2_1280.jpg

Rodsh Derr and Cathy Derr

the coat and hat oF Rodsh are from Barbosa from PotC fountain of youth set.
the coat from Cathy is from set 6192, if you don't have it, a dress would be better suited for a ball anyway ;)
I've no clue where their faces or her hair is coming from. 

He is carrying a regular sabre in a sling, she red epaulettes and a roman sword, which may be not so ladylike for a ball :P 

It would be fun, and I would be very honoured to see Rodsh in your ballroom. I believe he's not the most difficult to moc up. 

I will do my utmost best to moc (in LDD my apologies I do not have acces to my real bricks at the moment) something of Rodsh traveling to Kings;Harbour/the ball. 

Best regards
Bart

PS: if anyone knows if these coats are in LDD, it would be much appreciated. 

Edited by Bart
typingerror

15 minutes ago, Bart said:

Nobody really knows the whereabouts of Rodsh and his crew, they cast off early in ERA I and haven't been heared off or seen since. In his name a trade post, a brothel and a counterfeiter are working. It is suspected that they are still in contact with Rodsh. Rumour goes that he sailed beyond the edges of the map, to find          .....             ....   nothing. 

What is not a better way to get back to know the people of the world by attending this ball. 

Although he is a Sea Rat, he is not on bad footing with any of the (dictated. regulated ) civilised nations, for him being away so long, and not having been in any of the major events of Era I. 

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_o0692h8upi1v3ybdko1_540.jpg

tumblr_o0696lXKOs1v3ybdko2_1280.jpg

Rodsh Derr and Cathy Derr

the coat and hat oF Rodsh are from Barbosa from PotC fountain of youth set.
the coat from Cathy is from set 6192, if you don't have it, a dress would be better suited for a ball anyway ;)
I've no clue where their faces or her hair is coming from. 

He is carrying a regular sabre in a sling, she red epaulettes and a roman sword, which may be not so ladylike for a ball :P 

It would be fun, and I would be very honoured to see Rodsh in your ballroom. I believe he's not the most difficult to moc up. 

I will do my utmost best to moc (in LDD my apologies I do not have acces to my real bricks at the moment) something of Rodsh traveling to Kings;Harbour/the ball. 

Best regards
Bart

PS: if anyone knows if these coats are in LDD, it would be much appreciated. 

I've never seen them in LDD before. I would very much like to have them in LDD though!

Out of my 5 characters in King's Harbour, I would most definitely appreciate at least Captain Brickford and his father, Richard, to make an appearance at the ball. 

Spoiler

40228461782_ac4aa594d9_n.jpgNB by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Captain Nathaniel Brickford shouldn't be to hard to reproduce. The feather is his hat is not super important if you don't have it in red, and a regular imperial solider torso would be fine as well! I think it would be fitting for him to talk mostly to people with military backgrounds.

25402057197_218787f471_n.jpgRB by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Richard Brickford's got light grey pants and white epaulets. His face is from an older city set. If you don't have the hair piece, a black tri-corner hat would work just fine. He is in town to discuss starting a trading company, so I think him talking to  people with some knowledge of that would make the most sense. 

40228461302_fc91c2f322_n.jpgRC by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Ralph Clutchington is an awkward fellow, that's great at math and a legendary dancer in his own mind. Feel free to run with that however you see fit.

25402057417_cf7333a469_n.jpgEP by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Elijah Plates is a retired naval officer that is good at telling outlandish stories. Not sure if they make white admirals hats, so a black one would work just the same. Torso also isn't a problem if you need to use a different dark blue one. He would talk to anyone who will listen to him.

25402056947_3c0a610ef6_n.jpgSC by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Sabastian Carver is more of a jack-of-all-trades vagabond. He's never been very well off and after he left the military he never has found something that suits him. His outfit is pretty negotiable, but it might be fun if you can include his scissors and have him trying to make a few Dbs cutting hair.

More in-depth backstories here.

Sounds like it's going to be a fun time though regardless of who shows up! Can't wait to see the finished product!

I created a few Corrington characters for The Royal Swordsmen's Club in King's Harbour, one of which I established as in the Governor's circle. Sergeant Major Jean-Claude deLeau should be the easiest to make if you want to use him. I put him in the standard red and white uniform, and only used white 'gloves' and epaulets to denote his rank, but he would be wearing something more fancy for this type of scene. The only things that would be important for the character is this head, which shouldn't be hard to find, and white hair. I used a Brickforge piece, but any white hair should do. If it be longer, then he grew it out. If it be shorter, then he's been to a barber.

Thank you for your great idea, as others said a nice opportunity to show different characters together. It would be an honour for my character, Tristan Rimbaud, to attend your ball.

He would be there partly for "political" and social reasons (to improve his relations with Corrington and meet potential business partners), but mainly because it's a ball, a funny event with the elite of the New World... is there a better reason for an Oleander nobleman? :grin:

Spoiler

This is Tristan; he wears the Governor's uniform from Pirate Chess Set, but actually any blue uniform with white trousers would fit as well. The face comes from a Pirate released in 2009 (but I don't know the part code).

Mayor James Hume of Moorton Bay would certainly be honoured to attend such an event. As a fellow Corrish mayor in the next largest town in the region, he would have many good reasons to attend, as well as to celebrate this achievement! It may be a good idea to keep him away from the slanderous editor of the WTC monthly, surely no good would come from them meeting after the article that appeared about him earlier this year. Hume is equally skilled with blade or pistol!

38200270382_eaac7a200c_o.jpg

Colonel Allcock would of course love to attend as well, although he is currently exploring the jungles of Celestia and is unlikely to reappear in time for the ball. I am sure he will be very disappointed to have missed it!!

Edited by Ayrlego

Please note that the following is completely IC, OOC I have nothing but the highest respect for Ayrlego. :classic:

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

It may be a good idea to keep him away from the slanderous editor of the WTC monthly, surely no good would come from them meeting after the article that appeared about him earlier this year.

Lies! Major Hume was not mentioned with a single word in this years WTCM. In last years first issue however the article mentioning him was not at all "about him" - it merely suggested a possible conflict of interests. Replying with a personal attack against the editor is poor form, not worthy of Corrington.

Now this claim, outrageous as well as false, once again shows how Major Hume is incapable of acting like you would expect from a professional government official. He seems to have an agenda to push, and quite a hostile one I might add.

But maybe Major Hume wants to correct these impressions in person? The WTCM would be delighted to question him in an interview, and the Great Ball would be an excellent opportunity. Or does he want to continue the charade of his previous lies and deceit?

I also want to inform Major Hume of the upcoming issue #3, so maybe he should weigh his next words well. :wink:

Edited by Drunknok

4 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

It may be a good idea to keep him away from the slanderous editor of the WTC monthly, surely no good would come from them meeting after the article that appeared about him earlier this year. Hume is equally skilled with blade or pistol!

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Now this claim, outrageous as well as false, once again shows how Major Hume is incapable of acting like you would expect from a professional government official. He seems to have an agenda to push, and quite a hostile one I might add.

But maybe Major Hume wants to correct these impressions in person?

Duel! Duel! Duel! :excited:

It would be like dinner theater! :pir-grin:

9 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

It would be like dinner theater! :pir-grin:

Why not a murder mystery? :pir-laugh:

If Oleon is allowed, Elise can join in place of Emile, bringing the finest alcohol in all the land. She can be seen in this image here.

2.png

On 2/16/2018 at 11:36 PM, Drunknok said:

Major Hume

OOC It’s Mayor Hume, he is neither a Major nor a military man (although I understand how this could be very confusing for a German speaker :pir_laugh2: silly English language!)

Replying with a personal attack against the editor is poor form, not worthy of Corrington.

It was not so much a reply, IC Hume feels strongly that he was not only misrepresented, but indeed slandered by the WTCM. Then in a follow up issue he feels that the very same editor questioned the honor and virtue of his beloved Queen. So yes, IC he has a strong dislike for the editor, but I feel that IC it is wholely justified. 

poor form, not worthy of Corrington

IC Hume would feel the opposite, he would state the WTCM is not worthy of Corrington.

Major Hume is incapable of acting like you would expect from a professional government official. He seems to have an agenda to push, and quite a hostile one I might add.

Mayor Hume has never been accused of acting anything other than a professional, except by the WTCM. Nor does he have an addenda beyond advancing his settlement. If Governor Cooke, his direct superior in the Colonial administration, has any complaints or concerns, Hume would resign immediately. 

also want to inform Major Hume of the upcoming issue #3, so maybe he should weigh his next words well. :wink:

And a threat, how very IC for the WTC!!!

On 2/17/2018 at 2:23 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Could be fun, Drunknok is an awesome builder and such a duel would be quite exciting! Unfortunately however I won’t be able to build for a bit!

also a disclaimer, like Drunknok has already pointed out, all the above is IC! 

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

OOC It’s Mayor Hume, he is neither a Major nor a military man (although I understand how this could be very confusing for a German speaker :pir_laugh2: silly English language!)

True. :sceptic:

It was not so much a reply, IC Hume feels strongly that he was not only misrepresented, but indeed slandered by the WTCM.

That is his fault and his fault alone. Maybe Hume should get in contact with the editor and raise his concerns in a more mature way?

Then in a follow up issue he feels that the very same editor questioned the honor and virtue of his beloved Queen.

As pointed out elsewhere, this is all up to your/his dirty imagination, and not at all intentional on the side of the WTCM. Shame on you, shame on you indeed!

So yes, IC he has a strong dislike for the editor, but I feel that IC it is wholely justified.

A sign of a weak character this is.

IC Hume would feel the opposite, he would state the WTCM is not worthy of Corrington.

So the free press is not worthy of Corrington? What a telling statement!

Mayor Hume has never been accused of acting anything other than a professional, except by the WTCM.

None of the concerns raised have been adressed by the honourable Mayor yet. Again, quite telling.

Nor does he have an addenda beyond advancing his settlement. 

But does he?

If Governor Cooke, his direct superior in the Colonial administration, has any complaints or concerns, Hume would resign immediately. 

So Hume cares for nothing but his superiors? Is this how the Corrington "meritocracy" works? Obedience to the ones above you, neglect for everything below you? I might repeat myself, but: what a telling statement!

And a threat, how very IC for the WTC!!!

It was clearly a friendl suggestion, meant to keep Hume out of potential trouble. Claiming this to be a "threat" is... dare I say it... quite a telling statement.

Could be fun, Drunknok is an awesome builder and such a duel would be quite exciting! Unfortunately however I won’t be able to build for a bit!

The following is OOC for a change: I am tempted, but would like to "fight" an opponent under equally fair conditions. Given Ayrlegos current situation I do not see this happening soon.

also a disclaimer, like Drunknok has already pointed out, all the above is IC! 

Same here. This is great fun, thank you! :pir-grin:

P.S.: The WTCM is taking notes. A lot of notes...

Edited by Drunknok

11 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Same here. This is great fun, thank you! :pir-grin:

P.S.: The WTCM is taking notes. A lot of notes...

Cool, no worries,

Although remember that initially, all I was doing was stating Hume's IC feelings, then in my second post I justified why IC he would feel that way. As you point out, he has not communicated with the WTCM in anyway, so realistically they would not know his thoughts... maybe if he is indiscrete (or provoked) at the ball something may slip out... :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Although remember that initially, all I was doing was stating Hume's IC feelings, then in my second post I justified why IC he would feel that way. As you point out, he has not communicated with the WTCM in anyway, so realistically they would not know his thoughts... maybe if he is indiscrete (or provoked) at the ball something may slip out... :pir-laugh:

True, I will be careful with what to use (if at all).

A meeting at the ball would be something though! :thumbup:

It would be a great honour for us if we are allowed to this ball. Although our Lagaufre might have some rude behaviours, as we can expect from a man who has spent the most of time on the field. 

Lagaufre's family and their friend, the newly promoted mayor Romain (the one on the right, with a red plume).

15190473251_DISPLAY.jpg

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Doctor Thaum will not attend !!

He has no interest in niceties !

:laugh: :roflmao:

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Doctor Thaum will not attend !!

Shame! He would have been a great guest. The good doctor will miss out on some good food'n'booze...

As a resident of King's Harbour, Sir Dee would be delighted to attend the Great Ball, provided that all Great Ball Contraptions are banned from the premises. They scare him.

He doesn't usually dance, but he's been known to perform a wicked 2-step when he accidentally walked into a bed of hot coals at the foundry.

He freely associates with all well-mannered persons. He prefers good food over alcohol, anytime, anywhere. He is currently single, but certainly not averse to conversing with young ladies should the occasion provide the opportunity.

@Bregir as discussed elsewhere I would like for my main character to attend. I believe his attire has been confirmed.

WIP looks great. :thumbup: