Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR] Highway Robbery

Type: Small Commercial

"Wow! Breshaun sure is great! It's the largest city on the brick seas! And it sure is nice!" Said Captain Kelly, of the WTC Teamwork.

"Yeah, and everybody here is so nice. How do they afford all this?" Said Jane, his right hand woman.

38460596210_de9f2e6964_z.jpgHighway robbery by North White, on Flickr

"Excuse me sir, is this the place where we register our profits for the KPA?" Kelly asked the guard.

39559572784_01dedb68a4_z.jpgHighway robbery by North White, on Flickr

"Hehehe. Yep! Go on in." He said with an evil laugh.

The two went into the office. An Oleonese Noblewoman sat at the desk. 

26398504118_9783088117_z.jpgHighway robbery by North White, on Flickr

"Well well well, thank you for docking in Breshaun. Are you ready to pay the tax?" She said with an evil grin.

"Wait, isn't there supposed to be a free market?" Asked Kelly.

"No! Of course not! We need to fund our public endowment to the arts by stealing- I mean taxing ship's profits! Here, read this." She said.

38460596280_bb68e05960_z.jpgHighway robbery by North White, on Flickr

To Captain of the WTC Teamwork,

In accordance with the Laws of Oleon and a Proclamation of His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, the WTC Teamwork is being assessed a tax equal to 50 percent of its revenue for docking in Breshaun. This sum totals 230 DBs. Until this amount is remitted to the His Most Holy Majesty's treasury, the WTC Teamwork shall be prevented, using any and all means necessary, from departing. 

On behalf of His Most Holy Majesty, 

Jacque Debussy

Saint Vele, Jan. 22nd, 618 AE

"Wait what? You're holding us hostage?!?!" Asked Kelly incredulously. 

"No... Now give us the money! MWAHAHAHA!"

38460596580_911a005f0d_z.jpgHighway robbery by North White, on Flickr

"At least that's how I remember it," Kelly wrote in his diary.

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build! Just a little poke at Oleon for having such high taxes. I'm sure they appreciate the building in their settlement as well. I'll make sure to pay by the end of the month. Is it Oleon or Breshaun I'm paying? C&C appreciated!

Wait a minute, light pink pillars and dark pink roof, are you sure you in the right place. Breschaun is decent spot to be, full of majestic buildings and arch of triumphes, etc. I only know a guy from Eltina has recently painted his house in pink.:pir-tongue:

That is quite an amusing story. As for the build, it's good and I know you have a limited collection, but I think there are some areas that could be improved. The path, for example, could use some random bricks and tiles to represent cobblestones, even if they're imperfect. Simple things like this don't require specialized pieces, but can really help improve builds. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:19 PM, Mesabi said:

Thanks for viewing my build! Just a little poke at Oleon for having such high taxes. I'm sure they appreciate the building in their settlement as well. I'll make sure to pay by the end of the month. Is it Oleon or Breshaun I'm paying? C&C appreciated!

Oleon. And yes, all builds are appreciated. 

They charged you FIFTY %?!?

What madness is this!? :pir-tongue:

Amusing story as always, Mesabi, and nice reaction to the MRCA, but I agree with Captain Genaro that a little more work would have made the build look more finished. Interesting choice of colours, btw! :pir-grin:

Funny little build and amusing  story! I like the use of brick-shaped pieces in the pier, they make it more "real", even if I would suggest to add some cobblestones on the street.

Where does Captain Kelly torso come from? Surely it's another nice uniform for your marines :classic:

Edited by Keymonus

While some cobblestones would have indeed been nice, I do think your buildings are definitely improving (apart from that hideous pink roof! :pir-laugh:) The medium dark flesh bricks at the bottom make a nice contrast with the simple yet effective looking white facade and the profile bricks nicely break up the light bley quay. An overall shot would have been interesting to see the full facade. Anyway, as always an amusing story. Nicely done!