Capt Wolf

[ESL] Blood Diamond

I was playing around with some gray hull pieces last week and, inspired by last month's discussion of Ayrlego's receipt of a nearly complete 6271 Imperial Flagship and the subsequent discussion of modifying it, I came up with the following:

02front_qtr.jpg

The lines of set 6271 should be apparent, but the different color scheme really changes the appearance of the ship, as does the stretch modification.

01profile.jpg

Some more views:

03_high_frntqtr.jpg

04high_side.jpg

A view of the stern:

98_stern.jpg

Sailing away...

99rearqtr.jpg

All C&C welcome!

Really nice ship, Capt Wolf, and very clearly from your shipyards!  I'll echo SJ on the colors - and on the question :laugh:  Is that a stripe of dark red there?  I can't quite make it out - it looks great either way, though!  And your sails look fabulous as always, too!

54 minutes ago, SpaceJoey86 said:

Wow that's good...

I love the grey and brown. Or is that some red?

Great ship anyway

Thanks! And it's brown on the deck, but a dark red stripe on the side.

Just now, Garmadon said:

Really nice ship, Capt Wolf, and very clearly from your shipyards!  I'll echo SJ on the colors - and on the question :laugh:  Is that a stripe of dark red there?  I can't quite make it out - it looks great either way, though!  And your sails look fabulous as always, too!

Thanks. I had trouble with the lighting, so the sides are hard to see, but it's a dark red stripe and dark red posts for the railing.

And I need to make more sails. I keep moving the ones I have from ship to ship!

I love the sails you come up with ... Is that the same size as the original lego set sails?  I Intend to do something very similar to mine but in brown ... 

I think the colors suit it very well ... The "blood red" actually is a good contrast to the green

If its not too much to ask could I get a break down of your grey hull center sections ... I have a all grey fore and aft that could really appreciate some mids

4 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Snazzy looking ship Capt Wolf! The color scheme goes great with that grey hull!

Thanks. I was trying for an interesting color scheme. Glad it worked.

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I love the sails you come up with ... Is that the same size as the original lego set sails?  I Intend to do something very similar to mine but in brown ... 

I think the colors suit it very well ... The "blood red" actually is a good contrast to the green

If its not too much to ask could I get a break down of your grey hull center sections ... I have a all grey fore and aft that could really appreciate some mids

Thanks! Yes, the sails are the same size as official Lego sails. As for the center hull sections, they're two rows of inverted 45-degree slopes topped by a plate. If you can get some of the double inverted bricks (like this) for the bottom row, it's a little easier to stabilize the whole structure, but not necessary.

I don't know if it is my eyes playing tricks on me, but the hull somehow appears dark olive green to me in all of one of the photos.  It's a striking combination with the red and forest green highlights.  Regardless, you've ended up with a nice little ship out of it.

A very nicely done ship Capt Wolf, and the influence is easily seen. I was able to pick up a second small midsection before I left home, so when I eventually return I will probably be tempted to try something similar!

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Kwatchi said:

I don't know if it is my eyes playing tricks on me, but the hull somehow appears dark olive green to me in all of one of the photos.  It's a striking combination with the red and forest green highlights.  Regardless, you've ended up with a nice little ship out of it.

Thanks! And I think the reflection from the trans-light blue plates is causing the gray hull to appear olive green.

5 hours ago, Elostirion said:

The Eslandolan sails do wonders, and the ship is very well-built all around!

Thanks! And thank you for the private tips as well.

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A very nicely done ship Capt Wolf, and the influence is easily seen. I was able to pick up a second small midsection before I left home, so when I eventually return I will probably be tempted to try something similar!

Thanks! And I definitely look forward to seeing what you do with a stretched version of the Imperial Flagship.

Great Vessel @Capt Wolf! It looks very much like an official Lego vessel. Are those sails Custom? Because they turned out very nice.

Also, Interior?

15 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Great Vessel @Capt Wolf! It looks very much like an official Lego vessel. Are those sails Custom? Because they turned out very nice.

Also, Interior?

Thanks. The sails are custom -- just cream/tan paper cut to official Lego sail sizes. And there is an interior, but it undecorated. Just a tiled deck. But you may notice you can see the silhouette of the captain through the stern windows in the next-to-last photo.

A nice classic looking ship, I like her sails, the tiled deck and the brick-built hatches. Nice combination of color too!

Very nice, classic looking ship and obviously your kind of style (which I clearly like btw)! That old trade ship logo on the sails is one of the best looking ones in the whole TLG "Pirates" line.

Sweet! With the change of colour scheme it looks so much different from the IFS.