Bodi

[OL-FB] Frigate l'Acharnée

The busy Eltina shipyards has yet delivered another vessel to the colonial squadron of la Royale. Such speed is only possible with the affluence of new settlers, indeed, the recent event at a former Mardier island has forced many of the "Royalists" to flee to more hospitable lands. 

This extra of manpower allowed our shipyards to run 24h on 24 to satisfy the thirst of la Royale for mooaarrr ships. 

Meanwhile, to exploit further the labourers, the owner of the shipyards, Knight Lagaufre, has decided to launch a new frigate, a heavy one.

IqWUlF.jpg

IqWNSU.jpg

She's built with 5 midsections, length-wise is comparable to a class 7 two-decker, but since she only has one full deck, I plan to license her as a class 6.

C&C are welcome.

Vive le Roi!

Looks great! Great headrails - you have improved a bunch on those since you started, the only part there I'm not sure about would be the yellow; maybe replace that with more blue or pearl gold as well? Also really liking the Fleur de Lys and the red-blue bulwarks, well done!

That is an awesome build with a lot of attention to details. Great job.  I will admit though that seeing the wolfpack shield & flag made me smile, because I always thought that sigil look rather rat like. :pir-grin:

Another fine frigate from you, Bodi. The stern designs, especially the fleur, are especially nice, and it appears that you included plenty of important features to keep this ship shipshape and Bristol fashion. It looks like you've also started to spend a bit more time on the rigging. Not that there is anything wrong with simpler rigging, but it does look nicer. My only concern is with what appears to be a crazed alcoholic somewhere near the bow.:pir_laugh2: 

12 hours ago, Legostone said:

Looks great! Great headrails - you have improved a bunch on those since you started, the only part there I'm not sure about would be the yellow; maybe replace that with more blue or pearl gold as well? Also really liking the Fleur de Lys and the red-blue bulwarks, well done!

Glad you like the headrails (thank you for the correct term!), you may have recognised the design, I stole it from you.:pir-tongue: 

The yellow curve is more a habit, all my ships have these yellow curves and I didn't pay attention to colour matching on this one, now you said it, it would indeed be better that I replace that with gold or blue. And the red bulwarks are intentional, glad you've notived that.

8 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Nice looking heavy frigate @Bodi! I like the blue and gold together!

Thank you Blackbird! I'm also happy to see that these two colours did go well together.

2 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

That is an awesome build with a lot of attention to details. Great job.  I will admit though that seeing the wolfpack shield & flag made me smile, because I always thought that sigil look rather rat like. :pir-grin:

Thank you for the compliment Kwatchi! The wolfpack thingies are part of my old brick collection, I'm glad to be able to bring them to light again, otherwise they will remain hidden in that biscuit can.:grin:  And that rat wolf insigna will be the symbol of a new squadron.

2 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Another fine frigate from you, Bodi. The stern designs, especially the fleur, are especially nice, and it appears that you included plenty of important features to keep this ship shipshape and Bristol fashion. It looks like you've also started to spend a bit more time on the rigging. Not that there is anything wrong with simpler rigging, but it does look nicer. My only concern is with what appears to be a crazed alcoholic somewhere near the bow.:pir_laugh2: 

Glad you like that stern and thank you for your advices on that.

"shipshape and Bristol fashion", hum a new nautical term, taking notes...:grin:

And yeah, I started to tie these damn knots on the shrouds, is that the correct term? I was aware that it'll cost me a lot of time but I never thought it was that time consuming, but since my 6-years old boy was watching all the time, so I had to set a good example, dad never quits. But I defenitely need a pair of reading glasses now.:roflmao:

The alcoholic is not a problem, this is Oleon ship after all, and "blatant alcoholism" is encouraged.:wink:

A very nice looking frigate Bodi, with very sleek looking lines. The sails and rigging are awesome - great job!

Excellent Vessel @Bodi, The realism you've given her really shows. I'd like to see inside that Captain's Cabin too though. Does it have an interior?

On 2018/2/17 at 12:13 PM, Mesabi said:

Excellent Vessel @Bodi, The realism you've given her really shows. I'd like to see inside that Captain's Cabin too though. Does it have an interior?

Thanks Mesabi. No interior though, there's a arch-built frame in the captain's cabin, to support the rear plate of the stern, i.e. the windows and the curved side. They are in fact hinged to that support, and the whole thing is quite massive, so I didn't bothered to build an interior for the minifigs, they've to live with it.:grin:

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow ! What a frigate !

Nice rigging but a very special sail for a frigate on the spanker mast...

There is a lot of lovely details

Glad you like it, Prof. Thaum. For the sail on the spanker mast, I guess you were referring to that triangular sail? I'm not quite sure but I copied it from a shipmodel of mid-18th century, maybe it was the fashion during that period. Qui sait...

On 2018/2/15 at 8:40 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love all the details great looking ship sir

Glad you like my ship! Sorry for the late reply.:grin:

Yummy! Another quality ship from you! Brown/black/tan with touches of other colors works wonders! Stern and rigging looks impressive and I quite like the fact that you went the extra mile and added a proper crew!

Vive le Roi!

good looking frigate. 
but why are the mast tops yellow? or are they lanterns? 

10 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Yummy! Another quality ship from you! Brown/black/tan with touches of other colors works wonders! Stern and rigging looks impressive and I quite like the fact that you went the extra mile and added a proper crew!

Vive le Roi!

Thank you BD! Glad you like the rigging.:sweet: 

8 hours ago, Bart said:

good looking frigate. 
but why are the mast tops yellow? or are they lanterns? 

Thank you Bart!

The yellow round bricks are there to secure the second part of the mast, they have a transveral hole for  technic rod, unfortunately I only have them in yellow.:grin:

Ah that explains, no worries then :D 
you could've put square 2x2 or 2x1 with a hole on it in the colour. not unusual for  masts to be reinforced at the top historically speaking. 

That's a very good looking frigate Bodi!

I really enjoy your vessels and appreciate the time you put into them!

9 hours ago, Bart said:

square 2x2 or 2x1 with a hole on it in the colour

Very good idea!

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Tous des snobs à Oléon !

Non mais, c'est quoi cette remarque.:pir_tong2: :pir_laugh2:

4 hours ago, Maxim I said:

That's a very good looking frigate Bodi!

I really enjoy your vessels and appreciate the time you put into them!

Thank you Maxim! Glad you like my ships, and I look forward to your new Indiaman Terraman.