This is my biggest technic creation (so far). It's trying to be a Tatra 813 8x8 truck, with a shorter cab. 2 XL motors provide traction for all wheels and an M motor steers the 2 front axles. For now it will remain like this, as it will enter the Rolug Winter Trial Truck contest and needs to be as light as possible, but after the contest I'd like to continue working on it. I think it would be a good off-road tow truck/mobile crane or a drill rig carrier

28081037319_706f4824fe_c.jpg20180123_190938 by tamas lapsanszki, on Flickr

28081029159_c1f24aa585_c.jpg20180103_090528 by tamas lapsanszki, on Flickr

39860903801_cab4b1cb40_c.jpg20180101_003044 by tamas lapsanszki, on Flickr

39860905291_0b27d90d9f_c.jpg20180101_002001 by tamas lapsanszki, on Flickr

As i said in the initial post, 2 XL motors for drive, hard coupled to the drive train. One geared M motor for steering the first 2 axles. Tatra type suspension on all 8 wheels with coil springs (not leaf springs like the real vehicle). It's a typical trial truck, high torque, low speed, powerful steering  (not RTC), custom portal axles. The snow chains actually work, they are 21 link chains mounted on pulley wheels. Without the chains it works too, but slippery obstacles will be a problem 

Doors are openable and have a simple locking mechanism. The large battery box is easily removable, it's held down by the 2 unrealistic smoke stacks. The chassis bends when i lift the truck, i think it has 2-3 kg (i'll weigh her in the weekend)

What else? At the moment, that's all. It must be as light and simple as possible to perform well in the contest held in 24th February, after that i'll add working steering wheel, v10 or v12 fake motor, maybe motorized windscreen wipers, and of course a modular self contained motorized unit in the back (towing equipment, crane or drill rig)

7 minutes ago, lapsanszkitamas said:

As i said in the initial post, 2 XL motors for drive, hard coupled to the drive train. One geared M motor for steering the first 2 axles.

Oops, I don't know how I missed that... :blush:

11 minutes ago, lapsanszkitamas said:

What else?

Gear ratios?

Now that's a mean looking Tatra 813. I just love these monsters, your 8x8 version is amazing, it emanates sheer power and the chains setup is wicked. I really cannot wait to see it live, in the following Truck Trial competition :wink:

I think 1:7,5 for drive  (16/40 where the XLs are coupled to the drive shaft and 8/24 at the portals). The steering is 16/20 and 8/40, and 12 teeth wheel on long racks. Sadly there was no space to do a reduction for the 2nd axle steering, so the steering lock is the same for both front axles. It works out fine on snow, but i'll try to improve it in the future 

@braker23 thanks, it will be a tough competition :)

Edited by lapsanszkitamas