Sign in to follow this  
Rustinidiel

trench coat

hi, i need help to make a trench coat for my custom minifigs

i see some ebay shopper... but i not like too mutch the coats...

i think the best way and "semi-purist" is to cut an original lego cape to obtain a coat...

i want to do a trench coat like the coat weared by bane or the punisher... simply, without fur or internal different color....

someone can help me?

I wouldn’t recommend cutting Lego capes, as they would be too small. I have made some before by myself. I usually just find a nice paper fabric material at the craft store and find a template on the internet. Then for the arm holes I have a special cutting thing, white you hold it, and hit a small hammer, and it will punch it out. I will take some photos later. Hopefully this helps. 

i found on internet a coat template... and i have a machine used to make holes in belts...

but i not know where to find the fabric to make it

Try the store CapeMadness on Bricklink.  He makes custom lego cloth elements that feel just like lego capes and sails.  I’ve bought a bunch of stuff from there, including trench coats.

I’ve been looking into the cloth to use myself, since I’m trying to do this using a Cricut cutting machine.  A couple options are canvas paper or poly-cotton broadcloth.  For the broadcloth, you will need to apply a fabric stiffener to stiffen it and to reduce fraying of the edges.