cimddwc

[MOC] A new shop in spring

Hi everyone,

another 16-wide modular building of mine, featuring Spring Yellowish Green as its main color, a shop being renovated (which might open in spring) and an apartment:

39533572184_7c156ecb8c_z.jpg 39533573714_97b29d7400_z.jpg

Well, the color is still a bit too strong for my taste, but it still looks good in this building, I think, and together with the others:

39346786705_ca20e4a356_z.jpg

Let's look inside - here's the renovation:

39346788665_b50d35b883.jpg

Similar layout to the Ice Cream Parlor with a child's room and the bathroom of an apartment on the second floor, though this time it's a younger boy's room:

38433921600_2da9139d86.jpg 39346784195_7a1ace0f04.jpg

Living room with kitchen area upstairs:

38433919840_593e21041a.jpg 39346781035_52216d6b09.jpg

That goblin statue must be a present from a mother-in-law, or why would they have it in their living room? (Anyway, it's from the Elves set that most of the Spring Yellowish Green parts are from.)

And the bedroom in the attic, admittedly with a less than optimal space between roof plates and interior (like what's supposed to be a closet on the left), but, well...

38433917490_08ee6c7699.jpg 39533576014_d0b41c96e7.jpg

» Flickr album

Hope you like it...

Your three 16 wide buildings really blend well together. The spring/yellowish green is a very pretty colour and works well with this architectural style. I like all the details in the boys bedroom. Great build.

Wow, you're on a roll lately!

Another great build utilizing a daring color that I'd usually just hide away if I come across some pieces not usable as foliage. Well done again!

What's the silver piece you used as decoration above the ground floor windows? Don't think I ever saw that one, its top looks like a tiny frog's head, which works great  :laugh:

Another great MOC! I love everything about it, especially the bossage, the color scheme, the architecture and the interior is packed with a great amount of details, as always! How can you do so great work in such a short time! I started to love more your 16 wide buildings than the 32 wides, maybe that’s because you don’t use so difficult techniques and generally quite ordinary pieces but it looks so great and that encourages me so much for making MOC’s! 

I really hope seeing more 16 wide buildings by you!

I know, that may sound a bit silly but did you think about posting one (or more) of your 16 wide MOC’s to Ideas? 

Edited by LegoModularFan

5 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

I know, that may sound a bit silly but did you think about posting one (or more) of your 16 wide MOC’s to Ideas?

I don't know why Lego themselves haven't tackled sixteen wide modulars yet, as their size would make them marketable as a non-D2C, retail wide release with a US $70-$90 price range.

Ah! Looks like you even listened to what I said! A full road of pastel 16-wides! Nice colouring and detailing. The roof is awesome, though! It's funny, because that Simpson's House MOD (guessing) is starting to look so out-of-place! :laugh:

As said previously, the color works very well even though it is a bit strong.

Now TLG needs to provide some basic bricks in light flesh!

I like how you use not so common colors for your 16 wide modulars. I am looking forward to seeing the next one. 

I really quite like the interior of this model; it's slightly different to what I've seen in the past, and just feels 'right'. I especially like the well-placed stairs and walls on the first floor and the open-plan design for the second. Even the rear looks nice to me. The bold colours are certainly different, but fit well for the building's environment. Excellent work overall! 

Thanks, everyone!

10 hours ago, peedeejay said:

Now TLG needs to provide some basic bricks in light flesh!

Indeed! There are some used in Legoland models, so they have been/are being produced anyway, just not available to anyone but the Legoland builders...

9 hours ago, DK_Titan said:

I am looking forward to seeing the next one.

Well, I think I won't add another one next to these three, but of course I will build more houses. Later. I've postponed cleaning up and sorting for way too long already...