I would like to present a 1:48 scale model of one of the largest hydraulic mining excavators in the world. This machine has been previously known as Terex O&K RH400 and Bucyrus RH400, and currently it is called Caterpillar 6090 FS. However, this model uses the preceding Bucyrus livery.

The model has the following remotely controlled electric functions:

• Propulsion;
  • Slewing;
  • Boom operation and opening of bucket;
  • Rotating cooling fans;
  • Folding ladder;
  • Retractable service station;
  • Lighting.

The model has a remotely controlled gearbox which distributes motor power between two sets of functions.

The scale of the model is minifigure compatible.

39492945214_375afbd380_c.jpg

39492944914_10c33b77ac_c.jpg

28424424309_f2366075c6_c.jpg

40249066581_e4e4dcbc9e_c.jpg

28424423759_70a5b7847c_c.jpg

Thank you for your attention!

Edited by sheo

Brilliant! :excited: My favorite shovel, and it looks just about perfect. I'm very impressed with the smooth shaping of the bucket and boom in particular. Replicating all those curves so realistically took some serious effort. And the teeth, and functioning ladder and service port... such attention to detail! Magnificent creation, and good job with all the powered functions. I assume the TriPower is a real work-saver; I run a self-leveling front end loader daily and it sure makes things easier.

Your video is great. I especially liked the ground-level dig/crowd sequence at the end... you made that look easy!

One question though... I thought Bucyrus' hydraulic shovel colors were dark purple and grey on white? (I know they shipped several of the smaller units... don't think they sold any RH400s during their brief ownership... pics online are digitally recolored Terex...) This red/black/white color scheme (which I like better) reminds me of the first 4 units that went to Syncrude with the O&K name. But regardless, this is probably my favorite Technic build here on EB. If it was a set I'd buy it. Excellent work. :thumbup:

Oh, and seeing all the fans running made me smile. :classic: 

Thank you guys!

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

One question though... I thought Bucyrus' hydraulic shovel colors were dark purple and grey on white? (I know they shipped several of the smaller units... don't think they sold any RH400s during their brief ownership... pics online are digitally recolored Terex...) This red/black/white color scheme (which I like better) reminds me of the first 4 units that went to Syncrude with the O&K name.

Anything is better than yellow! :wink:

Nice to see you back!! Your first Terex 400 all in Technic is still awesome but this build is very good. Like the colour scheme and functions. Wonderful job and video!!

Very, very impressive. Your attention to detail is incredible. How long has it taken you to build it? 

+1 for internal shots. :thumbup:

Awesome!

Really detailed build, bucket, superstructure equipment, working fans ... You achieved the next level with this shovel;)

Share some assembly pics, if possible

Perfection! Absolute perfection! :D

Perhaps except the jeggedy drive, but thats totally understandable given how much springiness and play accumulates in plastic lego drivetrain.

I doubt I have ever seen nicer, more accurate and functional lego mining shovel!

What can I say? This is simply insane. You have added in even the smallest of details and they make the model so much more authentic. I especially love the spinning fans!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks again for the comments everyone!

On 2/12/2018 at 8:17 PM, Oliver 79 said:

How long has it taken you to build it?

It's hard to say, but the idea of rebuilding Terex dates back to the moment I saw the Lego Scale Modeling forum here on Eurobricks.

Splendid and amazing. 

I have some questions: 

1) Does it have fake engines?

2) How many pieces are required? More than previous Terex model?

3) Are instructions available?

On 2/15/2018 at 3:35 PM, schraubedrin said:

I'm really curious how you managed to power all these fans.

Side fans are simply linked by a chain.

On 2/15/2018 at 3:49 PM, Rygar said:

1) Does it have fake engines?

No, replicating the real engines would take up most of the space inside the superstructure.

2) How many pieces are required? More than previous Terex model?

Yes, there are more parts now, and many parts are System bricks.

3) Are instructions available?

No, there are no instructions.