Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

Obscurative Tectodemonic Neogargoylatry

Obscurative Tectodemonic Neogargoylatry

Although generally considered one of the mortal sins of Granite Magic, Obscurative Tectodemonic Neogargoylatry (OTN) is sometimes resorted to in times of lithic wrath. The earthquakes surrounding such an unnatural spectacle of nature spread panic among creatures softer and warmer than the ancient rock below their feet. 

40189380772_65b3941bdf_b.jpgObscurative Tectodemonic Neogargoylatry by MWardancer, auf Flickr

A pretty straight-forward build. TLG for some reason chose violet as color for their stone monsters. I figured gray is a little more ... stonish.

Edited by Wardancer

Osteoporosis pterodactyl necromancer? Most complex thread title ever!

That's very cool. The Gargoyle is one of the best CMF and you've done some great enhancement. Excellent job with the painting.

A-stonish-ing! - get it? :classic:

Seriously, that looks really smart. I can understand why LEGO used purple - it's more eye-catching and appeals more to kids - but as an AFOL, I reckon grey is perfect.

I have some vaguely similar minifigures but they're not painted and don't look as impressive as @Wardancer's:

gargoyle.jpg

batman_vs_electro-pyrites.jpg

Apologies if my post is a bit thread-jacky.

On 23.2.2018 at 1:18 PM, AmperZand said:

A-stonish-ing! - get it? :classic:

Seriously, that looks really smart. I can understand why LEGO used purple - it's more eye-catching and appeals more to kids - but as an AFOL, I reckon grey is perfect.

I have some vaguely similar minifigures but they're not painted and don't look as impressive as @Wardancer's:

Apologies if my post is a bit thread-jacky.

Thanks! Godd to see your gargoyles again. I still remember the one with the wings. I love the claws. 

And thanks Juxtapoisson! 

That's a good custom, and what LEGO should have done if they wanted to make Nexo Knights look good in the second year.