Sign in to follow this  
Kristof

[MOC] Brick's"tronaut - Large Brick built Figure

Hello everyone,

I hope this build somewhat fits in this section - after all it is a large scale 'minifigure'. I liked the concept of such big figures since I first saw one in the Marvel Super Heroes set (I think it was a large version of antman) and I believe there was at least one more reoccurrance in other Lego set, although I can't find that one now.

Anyway, my figure is a large scale 'minifigure' of an astronaut. I tried to maintain the minifigure look and feel while bringing in some details and mimics of the 'ptints' on arms and legs.

It was put together rather fast as a last minute entry to the ongoing contest on Lego Ideas. This contest is supposed to help TLG design their next space-based promotional polybag, so I designed something that I would actually like to get as a freebie, and I hope other would as well :D

28383761489_eb79803274.jpg

If you like it, you can see more pictures and vote for it HERE! I don't have very many friends on social media that I could lure the votes from so my chances are low, but each vote definitely counts so thank you! (plus if you feel like sharing with your fellow lego enthiusiasts, that's beyond my wildest wishes :D)

Of course all comments and criticism are also much appreciated.

Footnote - I haven't yet checked the part availability in used colors so I am not 100% sure whether it is currently buildable or not (probably not). I plan, however, on revisiting that, making necessary changes and releasing the LDD instructions so if you'd like to build your own Brick's'tronaut, stay tuned :D