Sign in to follow this  
Kristof

[MOC] Brick's'tronaut - Moments in space contest entry

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my recent build that I put together last minute for the ongoing contest on Lego IDEAS called 'Moments in space'. It is a large scale brick built 'minifigure' of an astronaut. It is inspired by these big brick built figures appearing in several lego sets (as for now I only recall big antman from the Marverl Super Heroes set, but I think there was at least one more). This contest is supposed to help TLG design their next space-based promotional polybag, so I designed something that I would actually like to get as a freebie, and I hope other would as well :D

28383761489_eb79803274.jpg

If you like it, you can see more pictures and vote for it HERE! I don't have very many friends on social media that I could lure the votes from so my chances are low, but each vote definitely counts so thank you! (plus if you feel like sharing with your fellow lego enthiusiasts, that's beyond my wildest wishes :D)

Of course all comments and criticism are also much appreciated.

Footnote - I haven't yet checked the part availability in used colors so I am not 100% sure whether it is currently buildable or not (probably not). I plan, however, on revisiting that, making necessary changes and releasing the LDD instructions so if you'd like to build your own Brick's'tronaut, stay tuned :D

Edited by krisandkris12
I messed up some links.

This is lovely! The details are simple yet precise. Will stay tuned for the LDD!

Thanks! I am quite glad that I forced myself to flesh this out for the contest - eventhough my actual chances are worse than miserable with this stupid crowd voting madness, I have to admitt I like the model more than I expected I would :D I could definitely see this standing on my desk.

Thank you :D and in fact that was not even the main point haha. i mainlh tried to keep it reasonably simple and minifig looking. Im glad you like it!