Sign in to follow this  
badchriss

[MOC] Ninjago - Sons of Garmadon Hangout

The recent Line of Ninjago Sets with their "Sons of Garmadon" Bikergang and the cool Colorcombos inspired me to turn one of the Sets (70640 S.O.G. Headquarters) from a chopped up Battle Arena into a small MOC.
I figured all the Bits from the Set would shape up to be a formidable abandoned Subway Station with a Gate to the actual Hideout of the Bikergang.
As you can see,the Subwaystation looks like it has been out of Order for a quite long Time with crooked Floortiles and weathered wooden Boards between the Rails and with Weeds poking through.
The Bikers don´t really mind,all they need is a Place to hang out,and from the Grafittis you clearly can see that this is their Place.
They shouldn´t make themselves too comfy because a certain green Ninja tries to sneak in to get back one of the Oni Masks....

Edited by badchriss

Nice way to keep the base hidden @badchriss. The ninjas have really adapted the place. May I ask where their secret entrance is (or is that confidential :laugh:)? Hopefully you'll post an update for the street above, I'd love to see some buildings! 

Venefic

Hello badchriss,

Thank you for sharing this fabulous build. It is great what you thought up on the basis of the '70640 S.O.G. Headquarters' set. I would love you to expand on it (in all directions!) because this is too much fun. What set does the lionine head that you have used in the support beam come from? I think I have not seen it before. Also the round tiles with blue bits and orange plus signs in the fourth pic from the top - are those stickers from Nexo Knights? The colour scheme seems to suggest it.

I like what you have done with the METRO station, rails, payphone, ventilation, maps, graffiti... a cool entrance hall to the baddies' hang-out. I am looking forward to you building this up-wards.

Remember that barren empty place above the abandoned subway station?Well,time has passed and that small cramped box that only contained a tiny bit of Ninjago City´s life has now grown.

It is far from ready yet,but you can see i made some progress:

(better klick on this pic to see it in full size)

26521228537_4ffdbc4fc8_h.jpgIMG_20180410_161819

The naked Streetscape grew some apartments and tiny shops,and everything is decked out in copious amounts of colors, patterns and shopsigns.Buildable room is a rare and expensive good in a bustling City like this,and so, older structures were overbuild with newer ones.Some shops are so tiny you might knock down items from the shelfs if you´re not careful enough,but luckily the only tiny store here is a shop for hats.

26521244727_da7fe891e9_c.jpgIMG_20180410_161827

As you can see,i took some inspiration from the infamous Ninjago City set to use in my own MOC

There are still so many things to do and build on this project but it grows a bit every few days.

Hope you like what you see.

Edited by badchriss