Murdoch17

1920's bi-wing float plane Thunder Blazer (31076 / 7186 real life MOD)

Fly farther and higher than ever before with the Adventurers and their Pontoon bi-plane! This vintage style airplane features two re-purposed kayaks for floats, and dual shotguns for forward-facing protection from the forces of Lord Sam Sinister, while the rear of the vehicle has a gunner's seat with rotating machine-gun turret. (Just be sure to not shoot off the tail of the plane while flying!)

25704850197_8bb6c97258_z.jpg

In reality, this model was heavily inspired by 2018 set 31076 (Daredevil Stunt Plane) with a gunner seat from set 7186 (Fighter Plane Attack) from 2009. The pontoon floats from kayaks were my own idea, and I think are used in a new and unique way.

25704849667_4dbd2a3b97_z.jpg

This model comes with rotating prop, seats for the pilot and gunner and swiveling machine gun turret.

As usual, comments, questions, suggestions, and complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Really cool biplane! Gives me vibes from the plane in that Indiana Jones set... but in a good way! I like the smoothed edges of the wings, to give the illusion of an airfoil, nice! I do have to question the effectiveness of putting shotguns on a biplane... might just be me : )

On 11.2.2018 at 11:10 PM, Murdoch17 said:

Just be sure to not shoot off the tail of the plane while flying!

"Son, I'm sorry - They got us!" :laugh:

Very cool little biplane, and using the kayaks as floats is a great idea.

On 2/11/2018 at 4:13 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Saw this on Flickr. Sweet mod! Love the kayaks as pontoon floats! Thumbs up!

Thank you, I think I'm the first to do that with the kayaks.

11 hours ago, JoeyB said:

Really cool biplane! Gives me vibes from the plane in that Indiana Jones set... but in a good way! I like the smoothed edges of the wings, to give the illusion of an airfoil, nice! I do have to question the effectiveness of putting shotguns on a biplane... might just be me : )

Thanks! The shotguns are supposed to be like the machine guns you'd find on WWI biplanes... I just used what looked the best to me. 

11 hours ago, Tron Of Black said:

"Son, I'm sorry - They got us!" :laugh:

Very cool little biplane, and using the kayaks as floats is a great idea.

Thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad someone got that little joke!

6 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Thank you, I think I'm the first to do that with the kayaks.

Thanks! The shotguns are supposed to be like the machine guns you'd find on WWI biplanes... I just used what looked the best to me. 

Thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad someone got that little joke!

Oh, ok... I thought you actually meant they were shotguns, cool! I might recommend using some 2 or 3-long black technic axles, like what they used on the Pharaoh's Quest biplane set : / Just an idea, the rifles work well, AND can function as mining accessories to boot!

I bought a pair of 31076s, one to extend the upper wing, and the other to convert into an autgyro, but seeing yours makes me want to add kayak pontoons to the first. Very cool build!

On 3/2/2018 at 11:55 AM, K_Tiger said:

I bought a pair of 31076s, one to extend the upper wing, and the other to convert into an autgyro, but seeing yours makes me want to add kayak pontoons to the first. Very cool build!

Thanks @K_Tiger. I would love to see pictures of that autogyro MOD!

Edited by Murdoch17