IGUNNUK33LU

[MOC] Battle of Kastria 1: The Hermit

Background on this MOC: This is going to end up being a series of 5-10 mocs telling the story of the fictional planet of Kastria. I know the MOCs in this series aren't going to be amazing, but I dont have all that many pieces at my disposal at the time being. Also, sorry for the bad pic quality, I took them with an old iPad... I would love to hear any constructive criticism about how I can better use the resources I have. Thanks!

Part 1: The Hermit

Two rotations ago, rumors began to spread that the Empire had destroyed an entire planet, and a small group of rebels was able to destroy a "planet-killer." Because of this news, rebel sympathizers have started protesting Imperial rule on Kastria, with little success. Because of the Empire's refusal to listen, some of the rebels have contacted the Rebel Alliance to ask for backup to resist Imperial rule. Due to the recent devastation at Scariff and Yavin IV, the Alliance was only able to send a small squadron to help the Kastrians. 

Once the Alliance's squad was told they were going to Kastria, one of their commanders mentioned an Great Warrior who fought during the Clone Wars, with the potential to sway the fight in their direction. After being given vague coordinates, the squad eventually happened on an old hut by the Eralan Sea...

rdBSQeK.jpg

"Doesn't look like much," Corporal Juran remarked to the young Commander Farr. 

"I know. But we have no idea what we're doing on this planet, so we need all the help we can get," the commander replied.

The rebels looked around at the ruins of what seemed like used to be a great homestead, now just broken walls and empty bottles. Suddenly, a middle aged man and younger-looking woman stepped out through the doorway. The man whispered to the girl, "we will finish that lesson later."cscCORW.jpg

He turned to the rebels. 

"Who are you and why are you here?"

"We're with the Rebel Alliance," Farr answered. "We were told you could help us."

"No."

"Please come with us. The Empire destroyed Alderaan, and who knows, Kastria could be next," Corporal Juran said, attempting to persuade the man.

"What do you mean they destroyed Alderaan?" The man asked, his face looking like he had a realization.

"They blew it up with a superweapon," Commander Farr replied.

"I knew I felt a disturbance..." the hermit muttered. "Alright, I'll come with you, but give me a second to get my things."

He took a step back and turned to the woman.

"Protect the house. I'll be back soon and I'll show you how to use your blade." 

She nodded as the hermit turned around and walked down to the level of the rebels. "Let's go."

Hm, its not that bad, works to demonstrate a barren wasteland and broken home, in the middle of an ongoing construction perhaps.

Its a bit hard to judge, but i like your optimism of making a 5/10 part series of mocs. Could you show me your collection of bricks, seeing it would help me understand your situation more.

On 2/11/2018 at 6:55 PM, CIS Droid said:

Hm, its not that bad, works to demonstrate a barren wasteland and broken home, in the middle of an ongoing construction perhaps.

Its a bit hard to judge, but i like your optimism of making a 5/10 part series of mocs. Could you show me your collection of bricks, seeing it would help me understand your situation more.

Thanks so much! Sorry, I haven't been on EB for a few weeks... I'll message you a pic since you're curious. I'm expecting an order from Brick Link in the next few days so hopefully I can get more useful pieces (most of my pieces are Technic so it's hard to build buildings). I'm hoping I will be able to post the next part by the first week in March if you want to follow.

19 hours ago, IGUNNUK33LU said:

Thanks so much! Sorry, I haven't been on EB for a few weeks... I'll message you a pic since you're curious. I'm expecting an order from Brick Link in the next few days so hopefully I can get more useful pieces (most of my pieces are Technic so it's hard to build buildings). I'm hoping I will be able to post the next part by the first week in March if you want to follow.

Thats okay, I'm just happy you replied to my comment, and i would love a pm of your collection. Could you mention me when you post the next part?

So far so good, excited to see how this turns out.

Perhaps some close-ups of the characters would help everyone watching keep up?

Looking forward to seeing how you incorporate the Imperial presence there.

It looks good I like the use of the back drop. It gives an idea of depth. I defiantly see an old broken homestead. The only thing I would change is the ramp up but that would be piece heavy. Good luck on the next one I’m looking forward to the story.