Zetroc

[MOC] Train Station (50s style)

An addition to the cannon.  I'll be buying the parts to build this soon.  You can see it at my BrickLink Stud.io page (link in signature), and if you download or view in 3D you will see the internal details through the open back for play/display - Winter Village style.

Scaled to fit my short-form EN-style carriages (24-stud plate; also available at my Stud.io page, with other content including more train stuff) which are hauled by a modified PF'd Constitution engine.

Suggestions for improvements welcome.

602573.png

Modular platform extensions was my knee jerk reaction too. It would be interesting to have the option to have the awning over the platform on the extensions.

With those extended platforms it looks much better now. And am I correct that the back (or front/entrance depending on how you look at it) of the station is open? I kind of expected to see more of that part and a nice entrance or so.

1 hour ago, Man with a hat said:

And am I correct that the back (or front/entrance depending on how you look at it) of the station is open? I kind of expected to see more of that part and a nice entrance or so.

Yup, the back is open to allow play or display of the internal detail, in the tradition of the Winter Village series.  Click 3D view at the following link: https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/model.page?idModel=32026

On 2/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, Zetroc said:

Alternate version with basic platform extensions.

This looks great!!   Much prefer it with the extensions.

Ah yes, I forgot about a dormer - a regular feature of traditional British train stations.  And somewhere to hang a clock!

Cute little station but I'd extend the roof a stud or two past the gable walls to make eves.