SNIPE

Driving Ring Extension Problem

Hi,

I have built a compact RC gearbox which is driven by 1 motor, it is both a 4 speed transmission and a function selector.

It uses 3L clutches as well as the clutch extention rings, However when I put the extensions in the whole gearbox housing is warped because the extention rings slightly too long in how they are designed. This puts strain on what is already a lot of gears.

So, Is there a way to fix this? the olod 2L clutches are not great to be honest.

Here are the pictures:

iriujI8.jpg?1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10ZG5dHOellJ4KcpPEubo17XM9Bvv-AeG

The reason that the red 16tooth clutch gears don't work with the current extender is that they are meant to be engaged from both sides, while the old dark bley one is only supposed to be engaged from one. So the "wall" of the gear is centered in the red gear, while it's on one end in the dark bley one. As a result, the longer extension ring. made for the old gear, is too big for the new red gear, and forces the gearbox construction apart.

Is there an example on using the red 16T clutch gears on BOTH sides? That will be interesting :)

3 minutes ago, woodstock said:

Is there an example on using the red 16T clutch gears on BOTH sides? That will be interesting :)

I can't think of one but I imagine it wouldn't be able to handle a lot of torque, since you'd essentially have an axle with a torque-bearing gear in the middle and at least four unsupported studs on either side. Not sure that makes sense - too drunk, can't English.

it's more likely a design change to reduce the chance of builders putting it in the wrong way around and ending up with parts that don't fit together