Blk69

Where to get PF cable for DIY LED lighting

So I want to try to make some LED lighting for my trains.   Does anyone know of a seller of aftermarket PF cable and/or the connectors.  Hate to cut up a official Lego one.

+1 just cut up the expansion wires.  Simplest solution.  You're not doing much harm there, Lego can always make more :classic:

If your're Not a purist, then you could also hack up Lepin cables.

If you have burnt out Power Function motors, you can salvage the cable off them. 

You can also 3D print your own connectors. There are a few STL files out there.  I haven't tried them yet, can't tell you good or bad.  I suspect you'll need some tweaking to get them fit and work.  But that's the fun of printing your own if you're so inclined.

You might want to check out http://www.brickstuff.com I got my LED lights and PF conversion cable from there for my Big Boy and I am very happy with their products. Their connectors fit through the 3mm holes and the wires are small enough to fit between bricks without being too noticeable. But if you want to DIY for everything then see comments above.

Brickstuff looks awesome; I would also throw out a couple of other suggestions.  Lifelites for one - I have a bunch of these for my Winter Village (plus a few things to play with).  My only problem is with the connectors.  If i was making a permanent display then it might be fine, otherwise it's hard to take apart.  And then you could always just get strands (mini garland lights from places like dollar stores or Walmart).

Take a look at this, around 2:45 he starts talking about lights:

I personally have used a few of these kinds of lights, too, but not embedded in LEGO (like you can get micro multi-color Christmas tree lights, which I put around my winter village Christmas tree).

Edited by fred67