1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Man, that's a different one! The skylighted roof and observatory give it an almost Steampunk feel. :thumbup:

Exactly, I even thought about posting in the Favorite/Inspirational Sci-fi MOCs thread!

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Olive Green cheese sloped roof? What can I say? :wub:

I like this MOC and was thinking  it was the time to select it. The main reason of selecting was the color scheme -it’s really surprising how white and olive green fit well together! And then I thought also that you’d love the roof! So selected it :grin:

On 3/7/2018 at 2:53 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Not sure if they stole this from the designer or whether the designer actually gave them permission to use it.

On 3/7/2018 at 3:21 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Yes exactly. It is a beautiful and very professional looking set. I wont dirty this thread again by mentioning the name of those Chinese rip off merchants, but if he didn't give permission for them to use it then that must be really heart breaking and I do feel sorry for him.

I wonder how many AFOL's have been put off publishing their models and instructions online out of fear that they could get ripped off by these companies. Who knows how many beautiful models we've been deprived of seeing because people don't want to risk this happening to them.

Page 3 of the linked thread details the discussion about what happened, it was stolen.

As far as not sharing pictures I think that is less of a concern. Its the sharing of digital build files or selling of instructions that is risky (which is a shame as it stifles a wonderful aspect of Lego building and technology; sharing). While the toilet bug thieves could reverse engineer from pictures-alone they are lazy thieves and thus don't want to do that much work for large builds like modulars nor are they creative enough to interpret connections not shown which is why they're stealing ideas in the first place, so they go for instructions or in the case of the one being discussed the build file.

Lego freely puts out all of the instructions for their sets, which I don't expect to change as its great for the customer, but it makes it so the liquid-feces-dwelling thieves don't even have to leave their moldy fungus filled thief factory nor buy the product and reverse engineer it (unless there's a new piece). They just sit in their biological hazards and plug in all the mediocre Pb and BPA laden poorly copied pieces the set requires and then sell.

Edited by koalayummies

On 06/03/2018 at 11:34 AM, LegoModularFan said:

Great! I think the bricks would be enough when I think that Inyong Lee and @alanboar HK created 16-wide Alternate buildings from only the Bike Shop and Café! Look forward to seeing it :classic:

I have taken the plunge and have started work on my first MOC. I've been working on it for the last 3 days using LDD. I must say this is good software and much more user friendly than I expected it to be. I've limited the pallette of parts so that it will only include parts I've got in my collection. If the design works out as I'm hoping then I'll be able build it for real. :classic: I'll post pics on EB when it's finished. Don't think the standard will be as good as some of the great models I've seen in this topic but hey, we all have to start somewhere. :blush:

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Have you ever seen this SpiderMan themed creation from @Xenomurphy before?

Reveal hidden contents

Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin Main

I’ve seen some of his buildings but never this one!

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For that matter, how about some of these Marvel themed creations from this guy?

Flickr - Ben Cossy | Overview

Reveal hidden contents

If you step out that door, you're an AvengerThe Gates of Hel Are Filled With The Screams of His VictimsSpider-man vs Rhino

The MOC in the first photo is just incredible, how did he make this building like it’s falling over in real-time *huh* The falling police car in the third photo is incredible as well! I checked out his other MOCs too, this guy has some awesome MOCs!

What do you think about the Staff Picks BTW? Thought you’d like some of the Staff Picks, especially the Helbling House, Le Cinéma Vox de Strasbourg, the roof of the House’s Lille-Fives and the Future House...

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

What do you think about the Staff Picks BTW? Thought you’d like some of the Staff Picks, especially the Helbling House, Le Cinéma Vox de Strasbourg, the roof of the House’s Lille-Fives and the Future House...

I can't say that I'm crazy about any of them as a whole exactly, but they all have noteworthy qualities. Particularly, not only do I like the Earth Blue roof on Lille-Fives, but its pairing with Dark Red is really pleasing overall! Also, the Sydney Opera House-esque roof on the Future House is kinda cool. :classic:

I Saw Spider-Man Today by Barthezz Brick

Spoiler
I Saw Spider-Man Today By Barthezz Brick 1

Batman vs. Superman by @Xenomurphy

Spoiler
Batman vs. Superman

Uspinjaca Funicular by Sven Franic

Spoiler
Uspinjaca Funicular

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

You know what I like about this one, is that it's only a partial single storied modular building, with only a second story on the structure's other half. Lego could also do something like this too for a cheaper, half-priced modular, as opposed to the 16×32, half-width three story modular approach. :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I Saw Spider-Man Today by Barthezz Brick

Reveal hidden contents

I Saw Spider-Man Today By Barthezz Brick 1

I really love that sort of Canal House! Discovered this incredible builder several days ago. His MOCs are amazing!

Batman vs. Superman by @Xenomurphy

Reveal hidden contents

Batman vs. Superman

I still couldn't discover all the buildings by @Xenomurphy. You make me discover them :classic:

Uspinjaca Funicular by Sven Franic

Reveal hidden contents

Uspinjaca Funicular

The lamp on the right corner of this photo is beautiful! I really like the roofs of every building too. Great scene! BTW, Sven Franic has a EB account (a.k.a. @Sven F), just for your information.

You know what I like about this one, is that it's only a partial single storied modular building, with only a second story on the structure's other half. 

That's what I like too! The other think I really like is the simple and vintage look with the use of the old parts!

Lego could also do something like this too for a cheaper, half-priced modular, as opposed to the 16×32, half-width three story modular approach. :shrug_oh_well:

I'd love to see something like that. It would be half priced and also could have 12-16 as age range, what you wrote in another topic a while ago! There's another modular by @kovacs this time. It's built for a Rebrick contest which looks like it would fit just right with this modular! Check it out:

Spoiler
Mr. Groove's Pet Shop - Alternative build for 10218 Pet Shop

Edited by LegoModularFan

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

There's another modular by @kovacs this time. It's built for a Rebrick contest which looks like it would fit just right with this modular!

Another great design that just uses parts from an existing set. I like this approach to MOC building a lot and this one looks great.

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, Sven Franic has a EB account (a.k.a. @Sven F), just for your information.

Alright, thanks for future reference! :classic:

There's another modular by @kovacs this time. It's built for a Rebrick contest which looks like it would fit just right with this modular!

Man, if Lego started doing sets like that for the three-in-one Creator line, a lot more fans would start considering the theme's future potential! :thumbup:

I still couldn't discover all the buildings by @Xenomurphy. You make me discover them :classic:

For the most part, a lot of his architectural creations are Marvel themed ones, as seen in this album of his:

Flickr - Marvel Comics

Spoiler
Spider-Man vs. SandmanSpider-Man vs. Vulture - MainX-Men Anole vs. Sentinel 05Spider-Man vs. Venom

SpeciaEdition ~ SweeStafPicks o12/03/18:

Hey, already one month of staff picking! So special edition today! Enjoy!

~Mrs. Claus's Gingerbread House by @Parks and Wrecked Creation

Spoiler

Gingerbread1

~Sweets and Co. by @paupadros

Spoiler

Sweets & Co.

~Elladora's Sweetshop by @Jasper Joppe Geers

Spoiler

DSCN3090

~Disneyland Main Street USA by @lisqr

Spoiler

Disneyland Main Street USA

~Gingerbread House by @Swan Dutchman

Spoiler

Home! Sweet Home!

~The Hoan Kiem Lake Temple Island by @Know Your Pieces

Spoiler

The Hoan Kiem Lake temple island.

Of course congrats to all these MOCers!!

On 13/03/2018 at 12:14 AM, gotoAndLego said:

You've been posting some really top-notch modulars in the thread. Keep up the good work.

Many thanks :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

10 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Hey, already one month of staff picking! So special edition today! Enjoy!

Congrats on reaching your first month of posting these wonderful MOC's. That must mean you've posted nearly 100 designs so far. I don't know how you manage to find all these but they are very interesting and fun to look at. Keep up the good work! :sweet:

48 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

I don't know how you manage to find all these

It’s not that difficult, there are many many great MOCers in Lego world, I follow my favorite ones on Flickr and EB and I post their best MOCs, the MOCs which make them my favorite MOCers! I also search for new MOCs and MOCers in order not to post always the MOCs by the same MOCers.

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Congrats on reaching your first month of posting these wonderful MOC's.

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

but they are very interesting and fun to look at. Keep up the good work! :sweet:

Many thanks for the encouragement :classic:

18 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Sweets and Co. by @paupadros

Reveal hidden contents

Sweets & Co.

Thanks for the mention! I do know you like that model very much! :tongue:

18 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Gingerbread House by @Swan Dutchman

Reveal hidden contents

Home! Sweet Home!

~The Hoan Kiem Lake Temple Island by @Know Your Pieces

Reveal hidden contents

The Hoan Kiem Lake temple island.

Oh! I do remember the first one! I think it got 10K on Ideas, didn't it? The roof had a crazily complicated way of working due to all the 45-degree linings. The second one is pretty cool as well. It reminds me of a model of St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow which was pretty bizarrely crazy. Lent me find it...

Here it is

Edited by paupadros

4 hours ago, paupadros said:

Thanks for the mention! I do know you like that model very much! :tongue:

You’re very welcome!

4 hours ago, paupadros said:

It reminds me of a model of St. Basil's Cathedral in Moscow which was pretty bizarrely crazy. Lent me find it...

Reveal hidden contents

Here it is

Wow, that uses some crazy techniques *huh*

Edited by LegoModularFan
My replies aren’t merged...

On 24/02/2018 at 8:38 PM, paupadros said:

I'm not sure if you can, but if you could it would be interesting to place the modulars you highlight on the first post :classic:

I’ve finally done it! Starting from today, I’ll update the first post to add every new inspirational building posted here :classic:

BTW, what do you think about the roof of the Autumn House, @Digger of Bricks?

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, what do you think about the roof of the Autumn House, @Digger of Bricks?

It certainly was the first thing that caught my eye, as its construction which utilizes tan colored "brick bricks" is pretty novel, not to mention how that allows for the placement of small skylights too. Also, that complementary little cargo bicycle is really cute! :classic:

I've just seen this alternate rebuild of downtown diner on brickset.

2nd---keeponbricking.png

Apparently it came second place in a competition they were running with brixstar. Looks pretty nice.