Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Yes I know, that’s why the title is “Inspirational Modular and Non-Modular Building MOCs :classic:

If you look at any other MOCs of @DK_Titan, you’ll see that he always finds an unexpected part to give a texture on the roof of his MOCs!

Thanks! 

Thanks for mentioning my MOC's :classic:. The next Modular Building has also included an unexpected part used for the roof. I just need to find some time to finish the video (4K for the first time).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DK_Titan said:

Thanks for mentioning my MOC's :classic:. The next Modular Building has also included an unexpected part used for the roof. I just need to find some time to finish the video (4K for the first time).

Hadn't seen it myself, you should be proud of this model, it's brilliant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Hadn't seen it myself, you should be proud of this model, it's brilliant.

Thank you. And so should you. Love how you are experimenting with colors and elements. I wish I had all the color/element variants that LDD provides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staff Picks of 26/02/18:

~Casino by @peedeejay

Spoiler

Casino_01.JPG

~Outdoor Store by @RogerSmith

Spoiler

X_04_Outdoor Store Exterior

 

~Beach Houses by Michele

Spoiler

On The Waterfront

 

Congrats to all these MOCers!

15 hours ago, DK_Titan said:

Thanks for mentioning my MOC's :classic:. The next Modular Building has also included an unexpected part used for the roof. I just need to find some time to finish the video (4K for the first time).

You’re very welcome! Can’t wait to see your next MOC!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Beach Houses by Michele

Dang, those are pretty darn nice! :thumbup: 

Besides its excellent houses, I also like how the layout's beach front was constructed with its abundant foliage and duo-toned sand to portray saturation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the shoutout above! Much appreciated :classic:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This extraordinary modular Ideas project was only submitted about two days ago, but it has already gained 260 supporters as of time of this writing!

LEGO Ideas - History Museum by Bricky_Brick

  Reveal hidden contents

5247308-o_1c76ar55mo1q1ijd161e1ggnr7bbh-

 

Not the worst attempt at a modular I've seen on ideas, but if Lego enforces their own rules it'll propably be rejected - piece count is too high (around 3400 pieces according to the submitter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This extraordinary modular Ideas project was only submitted about two days ago, but it has already gained 260 supporters as of time of this writing!

Bricky Brick is just a very unique builder who makes modulars in unprecedented architectures always packed with NPU and it is incomprehensible how fast he makes a modular! I really hope he comes here to show his modulars, I’m sure his MOCs will be featured! This guy has a great taste!

2 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

but if Lego enforces their own rules it'll propably be rejected - piece count is too high (around 3400 pieces according to the submitter).

That’s too bad, I love this modular almost more than the official modulars, just like your Outdoor Store! So you’re very welcome for the shout-out, you totally deserved it :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, I love the symmetry and color choices on this one, especially its Sand Green pinnacle! :thumbup: 

Glad you liked it, the instructions are available if you’re interested in. Thought his other MOC may be of interest as well: it’s a Bauhaus Modular. The LDD file is available for free :classic:

Just a question to you and to @Bricked1980

Do you have any MOCs (modular or not)? Do you plan to build any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, LegoModularFan said:

 

~Hearthstone Bawkery by Jme Wheeler 

  Reveal hidden contents

HSB Full Logo

 

 

Ugh the Hearthstone Bakery. I was shocked that this didn't bring out every modular fan's vote and only got 6708 votes. What the heck. So disappointed. That's of my favorite MOC modulars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staff Picks of 28/02/18:

~The House of the Oval Window by valgarise

Spoiler

The house of the oval window.

 

~Art Deco Movie Theater by @Hinckley

Spoiler

LEGO modular town plan cinema 003

 

~Café "The Corner" by @alois

Spoiler

DSCF3201.Café The Corner

 

Congrats to all these MOCers!

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Ugh the Hearthstone Bakery. I was shocked that this didn't bring out every modular fan's vote and only got 6708 votes. What the heck. So disappointed. That's of my favorite MOC modulars.

I couldn’t vote, it was too late :cry_sad: I really love the vintage feeling of this modular, we don’t see modulars like this everyday... 

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Do you have any MOCs (modular or not)? Do you plan to build any?

I wish, but I have so many disorganized collections of bricks that I haven't the time to sort unfortunately. Despite that, I've tried to find something small to create from one of those disorganized collections, only to burn myself out from the frustration of not being able to find a specific part. :sad:

The bulk of my collection is made up of the accumulation of garage sale and thrift store finds; so before my collection became so vast, I was able to navigate through it much more easily, so I did at the time have a few creations that I never took pictures of. :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Just a question to you and to @Bricked1980

Do you have any MOCs (modular or not)? Do you plan to build any?

I don't build my own MOCs currently. I absolutely love collecting sets and building with lego but not sure I've got the skills to build something as intricate as a modular building using nothing but my imagination.

However since becoming a member of eurobricks I have seen some really fantastic and inspiring work by the very talented people who post their models on here. I love looking at the ideas other people come up with and even when the builds don't particularly feature a style or subject matter that interests me, it's still great fun seeing what different people can create.

I have to say this is a great topic you've created @LegoModularFan as it brings together everyone's ideas into a single place and is a great source of inspiration for anyone hoping to start their own MOC projects.

So although I don't build my own MOCs at the moment it is definitely something I'd like to have a go at. I think if I do then I will probably start out by creating digital designs using LDD or something similar. I think this would be a more flexible and obviously cheaper option for me if I was starting out building MOCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I wish, but I have so many disorganized collections of bricks that I haven't the time to sort unfortunately. Despite that, I've tried to find something small to create from one of those disorganized collections, only to burn myself out from the frustration of not being able to find a specific part. :sad:

I’m sorry. I hope you’ll find the time to sort them... You may consider sorting small amounts everyday as in the Kaizen method. Small steps, no stress but progress... And I must say you that you’re really lucky to have a lot of bricks!

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I did at the time have a few creations that I never took pictures of. :sceptic:

What kind of MOCs? Steampunk/Sci-Fi/Dieselpunk I imagine? Modulars :excited:? It would have been nice to see them...

14 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

not sure I've got the skills to build something as intricate as a modular building using nothing but my imagination.

Your train station was gorgeous! If you mean which parts and techniques to use, I understand.

I’ve already done two sketches of my first modular and I’m very happy with the result although there are things to improve... 

14 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I have to say this is a great topic you've created @LegoModularFan as it brings together everyone's ideas into a single place and is a great source of inspiration for anyone hoping to start their own MOC projects.

Many thanks!

13 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Ugh. I should really revisit that design

I’m sure it’ll be better if you revisit but it’s one of my all time favorite modulars even if it’s quite old! You designed some wonderful modulars and I hope seeing more!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

What kind of MOCs? Steampunk/Sci-Fi/Dieselpunk I imagine? Modulars :excited:?

The last time I guess I ever built anything was back in 2014, and while there were many creations that were eventually disassembled, some are still constructed but stored away. Architecturally speaking, one of my biggest creations was of a Wayne Manor/Batcave, which I remember being quite impressed with despite its Ziggurat-esque shape and primary color scheme. That I did take pictures of before its disassembly, but I have to dig through some old hard drives to find them.

Other creations I still have assembled, but never taken pictures of, include a partially constructed Sky-Fi warplane, a six seater spacecraft inspired after the Javelin-7, a Neo-Blacktron starfighter, and two little Steampunk automobiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 2:11 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, I love the symmetry and color choices on this one, especially its Sand Green pinnacle! :thumbup: 

thank you! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

The first thing I noticed when I looked at this one is that it uses the same snotted tile technique to create the brick wall pattern as seen on Downtown Diner. I actually think it looks more effective on this building than it does on DD though and this pre-dates DD by 2 years as well.

I wonder if the Lego designers do sometimes take ideas and inspiration from looking at fan built MOCs online? It wouldn't surprise me if they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing these @Sir Stig! You’ve also made some amazing MOCs! 

Spoiler
The Fuerte Unido Colonial Council Hall in Memoriam of Brickwall, Eslandola Collaboration

 

WGO Lodge number 9

 

 

15 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Butcher shop by @Bennemans

  Reveal hidden contents

16343080627_c377904039_o.jpg

 

That’s really nice! I also really like what he has done with his Green Grocer!

Spoiler
Green Grocer

 

 

15 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Grand Palace Hotel @cimddwc

  Reveal hidden contents

26823000359_1de4878c88_c.jpg

 

The architecture is just beautiful here :wub: Wish there were more modulars in this kind of architecture...

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.