Recommended Posts

I've just been looking at these wonderful buildings designed by @Jasper Joppe Geers. They are all very impressive. Don't think these have been posted previously, but apologies @LegoModularFanif any of them have.

Muntstraat Police HQ

Collison's Bike and Cycle Shop

Muntstraat Post Office

11 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wow, that thing is stunning! I love the glass canopy section at the front. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2018 at 10:39 AM, Bricked1980 said:

I've just been looking at these wonderful buildings designed by @Jasper Joppe Geers. They are all very impressive. Don't think these have been posted previously, but apologies @LegoModularFanif any of them have.

Those are great! I haven’t posted any of these before :classic:

Spoiler

DSCN3553

 

DSCN3412

 

DSCN3394

 

 

On 21/02/2018 at 10:39 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Wow, that thing is stunning! I love the glass canopy section at the front. :thumbup:

That’s the biggest/main reason it’s selected! 

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a modular Ideas project that I'm rather fond of, particularly for its Earth Green roof and complementary antique automobile build, not to mention that I love antique stores. :blush:

LEGO Ideas - Antonio's Antiques

Spoiler

2735765-o_1b1p565mp1avmb6t1bf1nfj1j9j7-t

 

On 2/21/2018 at 4:26 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Ooooh, now that is nice! :thumbup: :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 12:22 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

This is a modular Ideas project that I'm rather fond of, particularly for its Earth Green roof and complementary antique automobile build, not to mention that I love antique stores. :blush:

Thanks for reminding me Ideas, there are some great modulars there. I definitely need to post them here!

On 22/02/2018 at 11:41 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Instructions

Spoiler
ICP

 

 

On 22/02/2018 at 11:41 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Please support on Ideas!

Spoiler
1 (1)

 

 

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Thanks for reminding me Ideas, there are some great modulars there. I definitely need to post them here!

Certainly, as some creations you might not find pictures or postings of elsewhere other than Ideas, sometimes due to them being created in mind as an Ideas project from its inception. I see so many submissions there for modular projects, and many of them being immensely popular from the get-go. 

Here's a non-modular project that's more residential than it is urban, which you may or may not have seen already:

LEGO Ideas - A Tutor House! 

Spoiler

4776893-o_1bpknm1sm1r2n1j9otle1klheo8c-G

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staff Picks of 23/02/18:

~Terrace House by @Gabe

Spoiler

Terrace House 1

 

~Colony Hotel by Daniel Siskind

Spoiler

Colony Hotel - Miami Beach, FL

 

~Typical English Cottage by Mukkinn 

Spoiler

2981235-o_1bgbiesu41pvu1hr11gpuvok160t7-

 

On 23/02/2018 at 2:43 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a non-modular project that's more residential than it is urban, which you may or may not have seen already:

That’s great, thanks for sharing!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Terrace House by Gabriel Thomson

This one is crazy good! One that also got me into designing modulars was Hearthstone Bakery, by Kilkstyle. I even started my first modular (what would become Magic Shop) by copying the cheese slope roof :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paupadros said:

This one is crazy good! One that also got me into designing modulars was Hearthstone Bakery, by Kilkstyle. I even started my first modular (what would become Magic Shop) by copying the cheese slope roof :laugh:

When I say we have both great and similar tastes, I’m not wrong! Look at the Staff Picks of 19 February :classic: So if you like it’s roof, what do you think about this MOC which was selected as one of the Staff Picks of 18 February

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Oooh, now that is beautiful! There's so much to love about this one, particularly its Sand Green facade, its tilted chimneys, that cobble stoned wall, its roof, its windows... :wub:

Spoiler

2981238-o_1bgbjf1mt1qlls4eu7h1pqf1k7kg-t

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

When I say we have both great and similar tastes, I’m not wrong! Look at the Staff Picks of 19 February :classic: So if you like it’s roof, what do you think about this MOC which was selected as one of the Staff Picks of 18 February

Hadn't seen you'd highlighted it, it's one of my favourites. The other modular is just beautiful all way round. I'm not sure if you can, but if you could it would be interesting to place the modulars you highlight on the first post :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooh, now that is beautiful! There's so much to love about this one, particularly its Sand Green facade, its tilted chimneys, that cobble stoned wall, its roof, its windows... :wub:

I love it from the bottom to the top. Shame it doesn’t get the number of supporters it really deserves. I hope it’ll reach 10 000 supporters. BTW how do you hide the images? 

52 minutes ago, paupadros said:

I'm not sure if you can, but if you could it would be interesting to place the modulars you highlight on the first post :classic:

Thanks for the idea. I’ll see if I can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW how do you hide the images? 

In the toolbar that's situated above your posting box, there are five icons, which are from left to right...

A chain link, a quotation mark, two opposing brackets, an eye, and a smiley face.

It's the fourth icon (the eye) that you want to click on, which in turn brings up a "spoiler box" into which you can post whatever content you wish to keep from being immediately visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staff Picks of 24/02/18:

~Hat Store by @gabrielerava

Spoiler

IMG_2192

 

~Shop with Apartment by @Man with a hat

Spoiler

shop_01.jpg

~The Lawyer Laundromat by @RoxYourBlox

Spoiler

The Lawyer Laundromat

 

Congrats to all these MOCers!

On 24/02/2018 at 10:24 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

In the toolbar that's situated above your posting box, there are five icons, which are from left to right...

A chain link, a quotation mark, two opposing brackets, an eye, and a smiley face.

It's the fourth icon (the eye) that you want to click on, which in turn brings up a "spoiler box" into which you can post whatever content you wish to keep from being immediately visible.

Thanks!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2018 at 10:00 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Hey, somebody built a lego model of my house!!   I wish!! :laugh:

Seriously though this is a lovely design, as an Englishman I like this one a lot. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I like how the cash sign on the billboard is also a minifigure head in its shape. :laugh:

I didn’t see that before, that’s a great idea :grin:

BTW I couldn’t find how to reduce images, so I preferred not uploading any as their sizes are too big...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW I couldn’t find how to reduce images, so I preferred not uploading any as their sizes are too big...

If you are posting images from Flickr, you can "reduce" their size by clicking a downwards pointing arrow icon, which is the third from the left of four icons located at the bottom right-hand corner of that photo. Clicking on that brings up a small menu with various photo dimensions/sizes you can chose to download; but, it's the last option on that menu you want, which reads View all sizes. Clicking on that brings you to a new page which has a fuller collection of sizes for that particular photo. So, click on whichever size fits best, right click the photo, open it in another tab, then copy/paste the image's ULR into your Eurobricks post, and see how it works for the post's format! :classic:

Now, as for photos from other sites such as LEGO Ideas, I'm not sure how to size reduce anything hosted elsewhere other than Flickr, hence why I end up posting them within "spoiler tags" just so they won't swamp the entirety of my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staff Picks of 25/02/18:

6th City Building by @DK_Titan

Spoiler

 

Lego Store by @L@go

Spoiler

LEGO Store 1

 

Bank by Creating15

Spoiler

5195768-o_1c5tjb2og82q12iu48g1ruj1kque-W

Congrats to all these MOCers!

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If you are posting images from Flickr, you can "reduce" their size by clicking a downwards pointing arrow icon, which is the third from the left of four icons located at the bottom right-hand corner of that photo. Clicking on that brings up a small menu with various photo dimensions/sizes you can chose to download; but, it's the last option on that menu you want, which reads View all sizes. Clicking on that brings you to a new page which has a fuller collection of sizes for that particular photo. So, click on whichever size fits best, right click the photo, open it in another tab, then copy/paste the image's ULR into your Eurobricks post, and see how it works for the post's format! :classic:

Thanks!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW I couldn’t find how to reduce images, so I preferred not uploading any as their sizes are too big...

Eurobricks has a built-in image resizer.

While typing in the reply box link the image like your normally would via "insert other media" and once the image is displayed in your reply box double click on the picture and a pop-up window will appear where you can resize the image right on Eurobricks (any image from any site). For example resizing this image of the Diner from the Lego shop@home site to 50 pixels:

10260_alt1?$main$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Eurobricks has a built-in image resizer.

Wow, I've never used that feature before myself. Thanks for the tip! :sweet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I must say, that's a bit medieval for this subforum, but it's certainly a beauty!

Yes I know, that’s why the title is “Inspirational Modular and Non-Modular Building MOCs :classic:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I mean, that roof... :thumbup:

If you look at any other MOCs of @DK_Titan, you’ll see that he always finds an unexpected part to give a texture on the roof of his MOCs!

5 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Eurobricks has a built-in image resizer.

Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.