23 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

17550978712_4cf5dd63f5_c.jpgVenice by Christophe, on Flickr

These buildings are stunning. Beautiful bright colours and I love all the flowers cascading down the walls and from below the windows. :wub: This is the sort of effect I wanted to create with the flowers on my queen bricktoria pub, but it has been handled much better here.

Staff Member Picks of 27/06/18:

~Small Hut by -Matt Hew- 

28064790789_18d6a9aa41_c.jpgSmall Hut by -Matt Hew-, on Flickr

~The Elf-Witch Cottage by @vedosololego

33833857175_87e2977522_c.jpgThe Elf-Witch Cottage by Vedosololego, on Flickr

~Vee Building by brickapolis

6856140090_aa10497693_c.jpgVee Building by brickapolis, on Flickr

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow!

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Though I've seen this creation of @vedosololego's before in the past, it's still magnificently striking upon revisitation, and the reimagined usage of those Viking longship hulls is just so beautifully brilliant! :thumbup: :wub:

Staff Member Picks of 28/06/18:

~Unnamed by [Intense Potato]

final pics

~Here's not here by Jerome Vaillant

26313962750_22530ff3c4_c.jpgHere's not here by Jerome Vaillant, on Flickr

~Star Wars Halloween Special by @markus1984

Star Wars Halloween Special

Edited by LegoModularFan

Staff Member Picks of 29/06/18:

~Twelve Mile Reef Cafe by @eurotrash

20871549946_eae104aa98_c.jpgMOC: Twelve Mile Reef Cafe by Chris Goddard, on Flickr

~Medieval_Times_01 by mamax711

41995937535_d5bba34660_c.jpgMedieval_Times_01 by mamax711, on Flickr

~Church on the Hill by Simon NH

34824729920_564cbd3db3_c.jpgChurch on the Hill by Simon NH, on Flickr

Congrats to all these MOCers and before saying "see you tomorrow", let me highlight my new favorite architectural beauty! :wub_drool::grin_wub:

~Manor by Tammo S.

43238778452_7c403258a7_c.jpgManor by Tammo S., on Flickr

Spoiler

43287998021_b9350cc163_c.jpgManor by Tammo S., on Flickr

42569733544_61d210d6f0_c.jpgManor by Tammo S., on Flickr

41477994490_31b177522e_c.jpgManor by Tammo S., on Flickr

Special thanks to this fantastic MOCer for making such an awe-inspiring MOC and see you tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Manor by Tammo S.

That's a very crisp and polished looking design. Love the roof :wub: I can see why you like that one so much.

8 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Church on the Hill by Simon NH

This one is beautiful. Once again the roof is really nicely done on this one. I also really like the land, rocks and foliage around the base.

There is a definite theme I can spot with today's picks. They all have fantastic roof designs. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Kinda cool, yet most unusual. Even if those trans-orange canopies were removed as windows, it's a structure that just screams spaceship to me. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Congrats to all these MOCers and before saying "see you tomorrow", let me highlight my new favorite architectural beauty! :wub_drool::grin_wub:

~Manor by Tammo S.

I really do dig that circular architectural pattern in grey encircling the building above the door! :thumbup: :smug:

Hehe, just saw that manor on flickr via archbrick, would've posted it here if you hadn't done so already. Really great design.

The detail that immediately caught my eye is the lightsaber hilt on top of the round 1x1 with bar in the windows of the tower. Gives a perfect silhouette for that kind ornate of window.

Staff Member Picks of 30/06/18:

~Tabashii's Tea House by @Basiliscus

34316945796_7084dbbb35_c.jpgTabashii's Tea House - Front Right by Cuahchic, on Flickr

~Jugendstil Corner House by @alois 

Jugendstil villa in modular style

~Dunholm Taverna & The House of Peer Rumstiek by Wochenender

24711259536_b9b233e578_c.jpgDunholm Taverna & the House of Peer Rumstiek by Wochenender, on Flickr

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow with a special edition! 

Edited by LegoModularFan

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Say, now that's a lovely looking home! Besides its choice in color of Brick Yellow, Earth Green, Olive Green, and Dark Red, I love its inset corner and how the Earth Blue randomly offsets the Black on the roof in places! :thumbup: :wub:

A couple of weeks ago I cycled by this house in Heiloo, Holland and immediately thought it resembled the formementioned house. Funny how reality imitates fantasy :laugh:

SpeciaEdition: WIP!

30.000 views! Yes, 30.000!! That's just mind blowing! Thanks so much everyone! 

~Daily Bugle by @Frostbricks

28442252247_03e9cc78a6_c.jpgDaily Bugle - More WiP Shots by Kale Frost, on Flickr

~Unnamed by @alois (again)

WIP

~Unnamed by card.ioide

Of course congrats to all these MOCers and millions of thanks again to everyone interested in this thread! :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Thanks for the mention, will have more shots of the Daily Bugle as it progresses (Definitely going for 'towering' with that one) And here's another, It's based on the building we have a big annual exhibit in here, (even if it is just about giving a dressing to whats inside)

Brickography_2017

Besides being a more fantastical creation due to the floating bedrock it sits upon, I just saw this lovely, Dark Red industrial factory build by Liwnik highlighted by the blog ArchBrick:

Factory on the rock

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

30.000 views! Yes, 30.000!! That's just mind blowing! Thanks so much everyone! 

Congratulations, you're most welcome!!! :sweet:

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Unnamed by card.ioide

Damn, that's an awesome one to revisit, as I've almost completely forgotten about it! I do wonder if he's progressed any farther along in its construction. :thumbup:

Nice stuff here the last couple days! First, @LegoModularFan, congrats on 30.000 views!

As for architecture, aka what we're her for, this one @Frostbricks has posted looks super. It has that "palazzo" feel, and feels quirky and interesting even being monochrome. I really like the use of the 4x4 turntables as decor and the eggs as cherry-toppers (something I'd only see myself do :laugh:!)

8 hours ago, Frostbricks said:

Brickography_2017

By the way @LegoModularFan, I was just checking out your more recent Flickr favorites and saw you'd faved a bunch of photos of the work of user Azurekingfisher, of whom I've never heard of before.

I mean, my gosh, she's like the next Katie Walker... :oh:

wreaths

Oh, and for others who also read this topic, she's done some beautiful architectural creations too! :classic:

On 7/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, Frostbricks said:

Thanks for the mention, will have more shots of the Daily Bugle as it progresses (Definitely going for 'towering' with that one) And here's another, It's based on the building we have a big annual exhibit in here, (even if it is just about giving a dressing to whats inside)

Brickography_2017

I need a better look at that roadster!

Special Edition: Five months of highlighting MOCs!

Yes, it's correct, already five months! 30.000 views and five months! I'll highlight some MOCs I'm pretty impressed with I discovered recently! 

~Ramen Shop by Ben Rose

41518905820_761a1edfea_c.jpgRamen Shop by Ben Rose, on Flickr

~Haunted House by david zambito

30253580392_f368a46584_c.jpgHaunted House by david zambito, on Flickr

~Some buildings by anonymous

42873419181_bd1ea19c0c_c.jpgDSC_0023 by Zbudujmy To, on Flickr

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Ramen Shop by Ben Rose

What a beautifully unusual and striking fusion! It's like Ninjago City meets European architecture, not to mention that it's airborne too! :thumbup: *huh*

If I had to pick one of my favorite finer details on this creation, it'd probably be that unique sidewalk. :classic:

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Some buildings by anonymous

Ooooh, I really wish we could see better standalone images of that green/grey/brown/tan half-width modular in the middle, which to me looks awfully Art Nouveau. :excited:

An unreadable reply on the way... :grin:

On 6/29/2018 at 12:04 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Think you mentioned a while ago that you were planning a joint project with @fillishave is that still the case?

The one I've been planning originally wasn't that one but as it develops it may become that one... :classic:

On 6/29/2018 at 4:40 PM, Bricked1980 said:

That one got already highlighted before but it's worth highlighting it again (I mean these roofs)!

On 6/29/2018 at 4:40 PM, Bricked1980 said:

Love the corners of the dark red building as well as the depth on the façade of the tan building! The canal houses you highlighted are also great BTW. Hope you highlight modulars and non-modulars more often! :classic:

On 7/1/2018 at 12:15 PM, rh1985moc said:

I've been building a Twin Tower complex since February 2017 and the South Tower was completed this April. More pictures can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rh1985/albums/72157618731243946

Looks great! Actually your MOCs will get much more interest if you create new topics (for your each MOC) specifically for them. I hope you'll present your awe-inspiring Asiatic Grand Hotel and Emporium too in a separate topic, more people deserve to discover that beauty! :wub_drool:

27621059260_cddfe191b4_c.jpgThe Asiatic Grand Hotel & Emporium by Rob, on Flickr

On 7/1/2018 at 2:32 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Today, I'd like to highlight the work of of your Jim Garrett over on MOCpages, who's mostly an enthusiast of the architecture of Detroit, Michigan, with many of of his creations built during the mid to late 2000's. You can also find him over on Flickr too (under the username DecoJim), though most pictures of his Lego creations in particular are over on MOCpages primarily.

Wow, his models are so realistic!

On 7/4/2018 at 12:29 AM, Bricked1980 said:

A tree made from green frying pans :grin:now I've seen everything.

Not yet... :look: :wink:

On 7/7/2018 at 7:24 PM, paupadros said:

And thanks @LegoModularFan, I had a picture on my Pinterest of a villa from the Provence which I had no clue from who it was. Now finally I know! Here it is: 

You're very welcome! Indeed, it's another beauty! Let me know if there are any other modulars/non-modulars you don't know who designed, I'd be happy to help! :classic:

On 7/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, alois said:

A couple of weeks ago I cycled by this house in Heiloo, Holland and immediately thought it resembled the formementioned house. Funny how reality imitates fantasy :laugh:

Wow! :wacko: I still prefer your modular than the real one though... By the way, it is a pleasure to hear back from one of the greatest modular builders (at least what's most appealing to me regarding your architectural style choices)! :classic:

On 7/12/2018 at 12:29 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Wow 30,000 page views. Congratulations. :sweet: :thumbup::thumbup:

On 7/12/2018 at 4:39 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Congratulations, you're most welcome!!! :sweet:

On 7/12/2018 at 9:20 AM, paupadros said:

First, @LegoModularFan, congrats on 30.000 views!

Millions of thanks guys! We couldn't have done it without you! :blush: Also thanks so much to you, to @koalayummies and @RogerSmith for your general appreciation (please tell me if there's anyone I forgot to thank... :look:)! 

EDIT: Yes, I forgot to thank all the MOCers highlighted here for creating such inspirational stuff (and I'm so blushed when I think some of you guys who check this topic regularly are some of my favorite MOCers :blush:)!

On 7/12/2018 at 12:51 AM, Frostbricks said:

Spoiler

Brickography_2017

You're very welcome. Can't wait to see the progression of the Daily Bugle! :moar: And wow, what an architectural beauty is that other building! :wub:

On 7/14/2018 at 2:25 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @LegoModularFan, I was just checking out your more recent Flickr favorites and saw you'd faved a bunch of photos of the work of user Azurekingfisher, of whom I've never heard of before.

Certainly love her style of MOCcing, especially what she's able to create with all these foliage pieces!

40760796661_7679484208_c.jpgmeteor by Azurekingfisher, on Flickr

Edited by LegoModularFan

Member Picks of ??/07/18 :wacko::

~Medieval Town House by @973praf 

6389933843_60cb17b6e6_z.jpgMedieval Town House by Toby Gentle, on Flickr

~Life in the Fjords by Adam Hollings

15308477811_f4ec0b9017_c.jpgLife in the Fjords by Adam Hollings, on Flickr

~Witch Hut on Swamp by @Jellyeater

29359410638_f95095955a_c.jpgWitch hut on swamp by Jellyeater _, on Flickr

Millions of thanks to all these MOCers for building such inspirational MOCs and see you tomorrow!