23 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps an Expert scaled automobile? :shrug_oh_well:

Well it is a vehicle of sorts, but not an auto. Also it is mini fig scale. :classic:

Edited by Bricked1980

Staff Member Picks of 16/06/18:

~The Studweiser Brewery by @SavaTheAggie 

27422292491_d586a37077_c.jpgThe Studweiser Brewery by Tony Sava, on Flickr 

~The Pumpkin Diner by @Palixa And The Bricks 

22108036431_0a98fa4044_c.jpgThe Pumpkin Diner by Palixa And The Bricks, on Flickr

~Book Shop by @Alex 

Book Shop

Congrats to all these MOCers!

Staff Member Picks of 17/06/18:

~North Highway Diner by @Lego Junkie 

8489138807_f21a9def07_c.jpgTranZit: Call Of Duty Black Ops II by Lego Junkie, on Flickr

~Camp Venace by Gabe F

32420347730_64af6e8f35_c.jpgCamp Venace by Gabe F, on Flickr

~The Brick Within by @Gunman 

33942991595_ed85ff680b_c.jpgThe Brick Within by Giorgos Solomonidis, on Flickr

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow (hopefully)!

Edited by LegoModularFan

16 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Well it is a vehicle of sorts, but not an auto. Also it is mini fig scale. :classic:

Ah, okay! Well, then I presume it's a complement to the modulars you've designed so far? Perhaps a minifigure-scaled London Double-Decker Bus? :shrug_oh_well:

18 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

The archwork for the windows of this half-width modular are just lovely. :wub:

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ah, okay! Well, then I presume it's a complement to the modulars you've designed so far? Perhaps a minifigure-scaled London Double-Decker Bus? :shrug_oh_well:

Well, I didn't design it to compliment my modulars, but I guess it could do. I am just in the process of sorting the images out so hopefully by the end of the week, all will be revealed. :classic:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out some of the micro-scaled architecture and cityscapes of this guy! :sweet:

scott8762: Microscale Lego City - City Views | scott8762: Microscale Lego City - Builds 

f26722_5738c9b4f204445186cf7670e7cc065f~

Wow! This builder seems to have found an ideal scale, big enough to make things shine, but small enough to be able to work in "modules" and have that Manhattan vibe to the layout.

Staff Member Picks of 18/06/18:

~Frontier Fort - on war footing by @Karf Oolhu 

6848820906_392e33b7bf_c.jpgFrontier Fort - on war footing by Karf Oohlu, on Flickr

~Villa Palma by Birgitte Jonsgard 

Villa Palma - garden side

~Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts! by @Jared 

29103521170_87b5df45db_c.jpgLEGO® Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts! by Jared  If only I remembered...., on Flickr

Staff Member Picks of 19/06/18:

~Casa Indiana- Ayuntamiento de Güeñes by Isabel Pernia

38651131454_16fc1a9076_c.jpgaIMG_4277 by Isabel Pernia, on Flickr

~Concord Dawn by @Vaionaut 

32430410584_a22756e9a0_c.jpgConcord Dawn by Vaionaut, on Flickr

~"Trois" French Wine Bar by @craigslegostuff 

25686922483_231fb072f9_c.jpg"Trois" French Wine Bar by Craig Brooks, on Flickr

On 6/19/2018 at 5:44 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out some of the micro-scaled architecture and cityscapes of this guy! :sweet:

Thanks for sharing these! He seems to have some nice stuff. :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

20 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Thanks for sharing these! He seems to have some nice stuff. :classic:

Thanks! 

Edited by JopieK
Please take some time to read the rules, they include tips like don't quote a lot of images just to say "Thanks!".

Here are a few recently submitted architectural Ideas projects that may be of interest to readers of this topic:

Central Hotel by Bricky_Brick 

Spoiler

5527741-o_1cg9v2okp1qet18l6dsaca13j067-K

Kowloon Walled City by Graupensuppe 

Spoiler

5521528-o_1cg1tq70h1rtj177qinj14n334ce-3

1980s Video Arcade by El_Skutto 

Spoiler

5510942-o_1cflneqg2ts51rr6a721etq124ae-D

13 hours ago, paupadros said:

Wow! This builder seems to have found an ideal scale, big enough to make things shine, but small enough to be able to work in "modules" and have that Manhattan vibe to the layout.

Here are few favorites of mine as far as individually highlighted buildings go:

Rosco Buttliere Inspired Art Deco Building 

Spoiler

f26722_ebe05750a09f4b43b55d096a3c9fee0b~f26722_1a0b56327c734698aedb7da3487d3a61~

Art Deco Tower 

Spoiler

f26722_55cc5b8e8dee4ae4b1da11d176fa741b~f26722_1ca8933e18cd4da6bd5b51ee8e884798~

Twin Resort Towers on River 

Spoiler

f26722_c65433fc5c974a31b469c46cc82bb114~f26722_99a7da4a9f5b4a77ac1628d4e1c7f9cb~

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Member Picks of 18/06/18:

All three selections for this day's picks are each amazing in their own, unique ways, especially that fort by @Karf Oolhu mostly constructed with the larger tank treads! :thumbup: *huh*

Staff Picks of 20/06/18:

~Docks by LordGregory

Docks

~Sunny Side Terrace by morimorilego 

42639207452_5b5dae8d32_c.jpgSunny Side Terrace by morimorilego, on Flickr

~Carouselambra by Lincoln

34203181423_d8961fc930_c.jpgCarouselambra by Lincoln, on Flickr

Congrats to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow!

Edited by LegoModularFan

16 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 20/06/18:

~Docks by LordGregory

Docks

I love this one! Has a little bit of Old Fishing Store's feel but in a more city of a context. Plus, the colours are insultingly simple but fitting. Pretty funny Draco Malfoy is making deals with those guys wearing capes :head_back:

Edited by paupadros

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, is this what you were talking about? :sweet:

That's the one. :classic: It only went live on Ideas a few hours ago. I'll be adding a full write up to Eurobricks soon, might have to wait until after the weekend now though. :sceptic: Only problem is, I'm not sure which forum to post it in. It would be relevant in town, historical and special themes.

6 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Only problem is, I'm not sure which forum to post it in. It would be relevant in town, historical and special themes.

Either the Town or Special Themes subforums I'd guess, and when it comes down to it, I think the Special Themes subforum would be where you'd be best placing it.

7 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

That's the one. :classic: It only went live on Ideas a few hours ago. I'll be adding a full write up to Eurobricks soon, might have to wait until after the weekend now though. :sceptic: Only problem is, I'm not sure which forum to post it in. It would be relevant in town, historical and special themes.

There are many places this would fit right in, but I would agree that this would be best hosted in Special Themes.

I know Rufus will be looking forward to seeing your post (as will I). :sweet: 

Bad news: Don't have enough time to make "member" picks... :sad: I know, you may be seeing me faving some photos from time to time over on Flickr when I have a couple of minutes but I need my computer to make "member" picks which I don't have always with me... Maybe while @Pandora is here, she can make real "staff" picks in my place... :grin: 

Good news: This busy period will finish this weekend, so I'll hopefully be able to start to post "member" picks more regularly! :classic: I also want to contribute to other topics, not only this one.

BTW, you post some great MOCs, @Digger of Bricks, keep it up! 

Could've probably highlight a few modulars rather than writing this... :laugh:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Thanks @Digger of Bricks and @Pandora for the advice. Was thinking I may add it to the town forum as that one always seems to be the most active to me. Maybe it is more suited to the special themes forum though. Anyway I'll get it posted up on Monday so look out for it then.:classic:

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Bad news: Don't have enough time to make "member" picks... :sad: I know, you may be seeing me faving some photos from time to time over on Flickr when I have a couple of minutes but I need my computer to make "member" picks which I don't have always with me...

Does that mean we won't be seeing the daily selection of mocs from you anymore? :oh3: or is that just for the time being whilst you've been busy? Do you plan to return to the daily member picks when things have quietened down a bit? I hope so.:classic:

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

BTW, you post some great MOCs, @Digger of Bricks, keep it up! 

Thanks! Particularly, I usually keep my eyes open for any noteworthy Ideas projects that have been recently submitted, so from now on, I'll share any architectural ones here more often when I do find them! :classic:

On 6/19/2018 at 12:43 AM, craigslegostuff said:

Thanks! 

You're very welcome! It's a pleasure to hear a thank you comment! BTW, I think you should really add your great MOCs to some Flickr groups to make them more popular... :wink:  

On 6/20/2018 at 4:39 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few recently submitted architectural Ideas projects that may be of interest to readers of this topic:

Woah, now that's a real "member" picks by @Digger of Bricks! I agree that we had some nice modulars these days on Ideas. 

On 6/20/2018 at 4:39 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Wow, these are brilliant!

On 6/20/2018 at 2:51 PM, Gunman said:

Some cool mocs over here :) Nice work guys

Thanks so much! It really means a lot to hear this from such a talented MOCer like you! :blush:

On 6/21/2018 at 4:43 PM, paupadros said:

I love this one! 

Me too! Wish the MOCer himself liked it too...

A bad build. I have to say that I lost interest in this a couple months ago. I ran out of parts a couple times so I had to improvise, especially on the black windows.I wanted them to be dark red. The door of the dark tan building is also awful. 

Sadly, it is what it is. Figured it might be worth posting saying this is the only build I have at the moment. 

-Gregory

11 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Does that mean we won't be seeing the daily selection of mocs from you anymore? :oh3: or is that just for the time being whilst you've been busy? Do you plan to return to the daily member picks when things have quietened down a bit? I hope so.:classic:

The second. I precisely responded to this in the good news part... :wink: BTW, glad to see you switched to "member" picks as well... :grin:

Good news: This busy period will finish this weekend, so I'll hopefully be able to start to post "member" picks more regularly! :classic:

Don't worry @Bricked1980, I really don't want to abandon this topic! This topic encourages me to search and find more great MOCs, all the MOCs posted here inspired and inspires me (and I hope some others) so much that I finally started to plan my first MOC in a serious way, even started making a techniques and part usages list and have almost completeled the whole model in my mind! What I can say about it if nothing changes is that it's (obviously) going to be a building probably a bit bigger than the normal minifig-scale but they'll still likely fit, will have a creative concept, and will have some very tricky techniques which makes it impossible to design it digitally so I'm going to need directly real bricks. I'll hopefully start designing it in august. :classic:

11 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Anyway I'll get it posted up on Monday so look out for it then.:classic:

Great! Look forward to seeing it! :classic:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

so from now on, I'll share any architectural ones here more often when I do find them! :classic:

Nice to hear! Certainly look forward to seeing what you'll highlight then! :sweet:

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Don't worry @Bricked1980, I really don't want to abandon this topic!

That's good to hear. :sweet:

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I finally started to plan my first MOC in a serious way, even started making a techniques and part usages list and have almost completeled the whole model in my mind! What I can say about it if nothing changes is that it's (obviously) going to be a building probably a bit bigger than the normal minifig-scale but they'll still likely fit, will have a creative concept, and will have some very tricky techniques which makes it impossible to design it digitally so I'm going to need directly real bricks. I'll hopefully start designing it in august. :classic:

This sounds intriguing. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

8 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wow, these are brilliant!

Indeed, I just love bridged skyscrapers like these, and the highway running between the two towers makes it even cooler! Now if only that highway was instead atop the bridge... :wink:

8 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Nice to hear! Certainly look forward to seeing what you'll highlight then! :sweet:

Here are a few more of Bricky_Brick's recent architectural projects that I've featured a little while ago over on @LegoMonorailFan's Best Lego Ideas Projects topic, but not here yet:

Modular Film Studio , Hat's Store , and Oscar's Wheels 

Spoiler

5317154-o_1c9h2rp7e119u1cg7174h1v9p1lt3e

5383216-o_1cbkssbmi172cbn31iqq1c3mkrce-j

5415715-o_1ccrkq1is170sf73i6d1qhu1drle-t

Edited by Digger of Bricks

A bad build. I have to say that I lost interest in this a couple months ago. I ran out of parts a couple times so I had to improvise, especially on the black windows.I wanted them to be dark red. The door of the dark tan building is also awful.

Sadly, it is what it is. Figured it might be worth posting saying this is the only build I have at the moment.

This made me laugh :iamded_lol: I wonder what the builder considers good if that is bad!

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few more of Bricky_Brick's recent architectural projects that I've featured a little while ago over on @LegoMonorailFan's Best Lego Ideas Projects topic, but not here yet:

Modular Film Studio , Hat's Store , and Oscar's Wheels 

Reveal hidden contents

5317154-o_1c9h2rp7e119u1cg7174h1v9p1lt3e

5383216-o_1cbkssbmi172cbn31iqq1c3mkrce-j

5415715-o_1ccrkq1is170sf73i6d1qhu1drle-t

I posted my modulars on Ideas before and must say I find outstandingly fake the supportive messages some people give there. In all honesty, I dislike Bricky_Brick's models. They're unimaginative, badly managed in terms of colour (a subtle way of saying "a mess!"), too repetitive and overall uninteresting for me. Maybe you guys love his unique (certainly unique, though) style, but it just says nothing to me personally.