Check out @Xenomurphy's latest SpiderMan themed build! Being depicted here is a battle between SpiderMan and Doctor Octopus in the damaged lobby of Peter Parker's workplace, the Daily Bugle:

Spider-Man vs. Doctor Octopus 1

Sorry for not highlighting any buildings yesterday... I'll make the Special Edition for 20.000 views (that's unbelievable, you guys rock!) tomorrow and an ordinary one today!

Staff Picks of 14/05/18:

~Chinese wind architecture - Kuang Dian by qian yj

LEGO Chinese wind architecture - Kuang Dian

~Singapore Peranakan House by Douglas Khoo

image2

~Spanish Inspired Cottage House by Razzle Jazzle

Spanish Inspired Cottage House

Congrats to all these MOCers!

Edited by LegoModularFan

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

I'll make the Special Edition for 20.000 views (that's unbelievable, you guys rock!) tomorrow and an ordinary one today!

Ooooh, sounds most eventful, I'll be looking quite forwards to it! :sweet:

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Singapore Peranakan House by Douglas Khoo*

I really love not only this build's roof and usage of Sand Green, but also the inclusion of that telephone pole, a really nice touch by the way! :thumbup: :classic:

Found this in a image search. Don't know if it would be considered inspirational, but it's pretty dang funny. :grin:

Spoiler

th?id=OIP.z8JHfuIqQTyodi_HJZpx8wHaF7&pid

Is that a Denzel Washington train movie themed Palace Cinema MOD? :laugh: Looks like it has the move posters for Unstoppable, Pelham 123 and can't tell what the one on the left is (Train..ing Day? :tongue:).

8 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Found this in a image search. Don't know if it would be considered inspirational, but it's pretty dang funny. :grin:

Haha that’s absolutely brilliant! Too bad that monstrosity of a limousine still survived unscathed though...

Special Edition: Other Layout Staff Picks of 15/05/18:

You guys rock! This topic reached 20.000 views in only a bit more than three months! You definitely deserve another special edition! This edition will compliment the Special Edition: Non-collaborative Layout Staff Picks of 12/05/18

--Other non-collaborative real life based and non real life based layouts:

~Brooklyn Brownstones by @Esben Kolind 

Brooklyn Brownstones

~Escape from Planet Monday by @Aliencat 

02.jpg

~Mushroom Row by Ben Spector

Antiquing on Mushroom Row - Overview

--Non-collaborative streets:

~Modular City Street Side and Modular City Train Side by @Tavernello 

Modular City Street Side

Modular City Train Side

~Promenade by @Kristel 

Promenade - Brickwork 2015

--Collaborative family made layouts:

~All Star Arena and Precinct by @frumpy and Brick Queen

All Star Arena precinct

~Amsterdam by @Lasse and @Anne Mette 

LEGO Amsterdam 01

~Plant Monster Invasion by @JanetVanD and Faolán 

Plant Monster Invasion - Front View

Congrats of course to all these MOCers and see you tomorrow!

Edited by LegoModularFan

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

That's incredible! I mean, how often do you see fans incorporating subway systems into their layout? :thumbup: :grin:

I see a lot of half-width modulars there... :thumbup: :smug:

And this set-up is entirely made up of half-width modulars! :grin:

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Oh dear... :oh3: 

12 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

th?id=OIP.z8JHfuIqQTyodi_HJZpx8wHaF7&pid

Does that look like LDD to anyone? *huh* That's a pretty darn wild find you've dug up there! 

15 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Amsterdam by @Lasse and @Anne Mette 

LEGO Amsterdam 01

Those three buildings look amazing together! Just wondering, wouldn't it be fun to name, at the end of each month the "New Modular of the Month", as an extra recognition? Maybe we could even vote which we think is the best, which would then go to a final of some sort at the end of the year. That would be awesome! :tongue:

17 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

These layouts are all amazing but think the Amsterdam one is my favourite, just beautiful. :wub:

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

Those three buildings look amazing together! Just wondering, wouldn't it be fun to name, at the end of each month the "New Modular of the Month", as an extra recognition? Maybe we could even vote which we think is the best, which would then go to a final of some sort at the end of the year. That would be awesome! :tongue:

What a great and fun idea. :thumbup: Maybe it would work better as it's own topic rather than within this thread. Is this an idea you'd consider setting up @LegoModularFan?

You could call it "MOC of the Month" or something like that. At the start of each month you could bring together all the MOC's that have been added to the town forum during the previous month and then ask people to vote for their favourite. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy doing this and it might encourage more people to share their MOC's on EB.

The problem is that when people add MOC's to the forum, as soon as they slip away from the top of page 1, nobody seems to comment on them anymore and before you know it they disappear amongst the hundreds of other threads in the town forum and are forgotten. This is a shame when you consider all the hard work that goes in to creating them. Doing a new monthly topic like this would be a great way of giving extra recognition to the MOC's. :classic:

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

You could call it "MOC of the Month" or something like that. At the start of each month you could bring together all the MOC's that have been added to the town forum during the previous month and then ask people to vote for their favourite. I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy doing this and it might encourage more people to share their MOC's on EB.

The problem is that when people add MOC's to the forum, as soon as they slip away from the top of page 1, nobody seems to comment on them anymore and before you know it they disappear amongst the hundreds of other threads in the town forum and are forgotten. This is a shame when you consider all the hard work that goes in to creating them. Doing a new monthly topic like this would be a great way of giving extra recognition to the MOC's. :classic:

Would definitely put on the spolight MOCs which just vanish after a week! Also, it would add to solving the inactivity and laziness in the answering @LegoModularFan mentioned in that other topic "Making EB more active". Since modular MOCs are quite a niche, I bet there wouldn't be more than ten, fifteen maximum, new modulars a month, making voting simple and fun. Besides, being crowned "Best Modular MOC of the Month" would be a thing of pride for many of us here, and would encourage others to post them here to get the chance at being chosen!

I personally don't know how or even if I can make one of those polls atop the page, but voting in the way they do in some of the bigger contests (with that point system) could certainly be plausible. There's plenty of offsite voting sites anyway, so...

I know I would certainly be up for it!

11 minutes ago, paupadros said:

personally don't know how or even if I can make one of those polls atop the page, but voting in the way they do in some of the bigger contests (with that point system) could certainly be plausible. There's plenty of offsite voting sites anyway, so...

I know I would certainly be up for it!

As far as I know it's supposed to be possible to create a poll within a topic after you get to 500 posts.

Maybe if he idea took off and was successful the EB moderators could create one of those tag/badge things to award to the winner each month.

24 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Maybe if he idea took off and was successful the EB moderators could create one of those tag/badge things to award to the winner each month.

That would be so brilliant! Looking forward to what he has to say about it.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:29 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, I just came across this unfinished architectural build by Flickr user Darryl Friesen, which I thought was pretty darn cool looking as far as Art Deco Lego architecture goes! Apparently, it was to be inspired after Britain's Battersea Power Station, but he ran out of bricks unfortunately.

That's funny, I came across it a bit before you highlighted it here... Sad he can't continue.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:40 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out this alternate rebuild of Lego's Disney Castle set!

Man, that's incredible! :wub_drool: It makes me want sooo much to go buy the Disney Castle! I wonder what @Inyongbricks thinks about it... :wink: 

On 5/13/2018 at 2:53 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

So, I was just wondering, do you perhaps know how long it took for your first introductory post to be approved of? Are you receiving notifications? 

Honestly, I don't know as I wrote it just before going to bed... :laugh: When I woke up, it was approved and there were even two reactions.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:31 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out @Xenomurphy's latest SpiderMan themed build! Being depicted here is a battle between SpiderMan and Doctor Octopus in the damaged lobby of Peter Parker's workplace, the Daily Bugle:

Mind. Blown.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:26 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Haha, love it! 

Keep sharing guys, really appreciated! :classic:

6 hours ago, paupadros said:

Just wondering, wouldn't it be fun to name, at the end of each month the "New Modular of the Month", as an extra recognition? Maybe we could even vote which we think is the best, which would then go to a final of some sort at the end of the year. That would be awesome! :tongue:

Great idea! Maybe it would be better that @Rick creates these polls though.

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

It would also be great to do this with other themes! I think you (or @paupadros) should share this in Making EB More Active as well.

10 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Maybe it would work better as it's own topic rather than within this thread.

If this were to be seriously considered, yes, I too think a separate topic would be better in this case.

8 hours ago, paupadros said:

I personally don't know how or even if I can make one of those polls atop the page, but voting in the way they do in some of the bigger contests (with that point system) could certainly be plausible. There's plenty of offsite voting sites anyway, so...

Polls would certainly be easier for vistors, but I think they'd make each page of the topic just too top heavy, so a point system would indeed be better in this case.

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

715 Willowbrook Lane by Tim Inman

This Olive Green beauty is love at first sight! Definitely an instant favorite! :thumbup: :wub:

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

That's some dishelveled, wonky genius right there! :thumbup: *huh*

I think it would be a really cool idea, in a seperate topic, to sum up that month's modulars to give them extra recognition. I think it would be just awesome to have a little vote and crown a winner, regardless of forms of voting or it having anything to do with making EB more active. Would you all be up to making a list and voting? Just curious how much people would vote...

The last two MOCs highlighted are just plain awesome!

3 hours ago, paupadros said:

I think it would be a really cool idea, in a seperate topic, to sum up that month's modulars to give them extra recognition. I think it would be just awesome to have a little vote and crown a winner, regardless of forms of voting or it having anything to do with making EB more active. Would you all be up to making a list and voting? Just curious how much people would vote...

I'd definitely be interested in a topic like this. If it's too difficult to make one with a monthly vote then maybe some sort of gallery hall of fame featuring all of the MOC's submitted that month. It would be interesting to see everyones work side by side and would help to give more exposure to the models and their designers. 

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Dilapidated Hideout by The-JackHammer

It may be the simplest of today's selection, but there's just something I like about this one which I can't quite put my finger on. :thumbup: :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Unnamed by 

@teabox

I like this one. The facade is much simpler than the others but it looks very effective with the 3 primary colours of red, yellow and blue. Also I really like how the whole building is set at an angle.