Hey guys,

I decided to create this topic and the main idea came from this and this post (so special thanks to @danth and @Digger of Bricks!).

I would like to highlight three things before I start to post inspirational MOCs:

I’ll post three staff picks everyday!

Please feel free to post your favorite MOCs!

Have fun admiring and taking inspiration from those great MOCs :classic:

Top three MOC’s IMO in Baroque architecture:

1. This incredible Baroque Church by @Jellyeater!

Spoiler

00.jpg

2. This amazingly detailed MOC by @pj_bosman!

Spoiler

pj_bosman 2014-05-11 Groothoofdspoort 7689

3. This greatly shaped modular by @cimddwc!

Spoiler

Full view 1

Here are the three best Baroque MOC’s IMO! What do you think about them? Would you buy modulars like those if TLG made? 

Here are the Steampunk ones:

1. This incredible layout made together by @castor-troy and @domino39 (they also made one MOD of the PR and the MS and two MOD’s of the CC included in this layout. But they look so different that they are more MOC then MOD).

EB topic here and Flickr albums with more photos hereherehere and here.

Spoiler

PARIS STEAMPUNK 1889

Paris Steampunk 1889 - Les Métalleux

Café Corner Paris 1889 Castor Troy

Place du Tertre Paris 1889 Domino39

Immeubles Paris 1889 Domino39

Louvre Paris 1889 Castor Troy

Gyroroue Paris 1889 Domino39

Funiculaire Paris 1889 Domino39

Usine Paris 1889 Castor Troy

2. These great Steampunk modulars by @adde51!

Spoiler

Department of energy - ruins of San Victoria

Steampunk neighbourhood

3. These very interesting modulars by @Zilmrud who as well made great MOD’s of the PC and the BB!

Spoiler

Streets of San Victoria 1

Streets of San Victoria 1

Mutant Lab front 2

Mutant Lab front 1

Here are the three most gorgeous Steampunk MOC’s IMO! What do you think of them? Would you buy modulars like those if TLG ever made? 

Edited by LegoModularFan

Some various architectural favorites of mine, mostly in the Art Deco and sometimes Art Nouveau vein:

Tall Tower by @RoxYourBlox

Spoiler
Lego MOC: Tall Tower

Apple Square University by @RoxYourBlox

Spoiler
Apple Square University

LEGO Modular Bank by Dita Svelte

Spoiler
LEGO Modular Bank Main View

Basilisk by Jme Wheeler

Spoiler
Basilisk (Front)

40 Wall Steet by Rocco Buttliere

Spoiler
40 Wall Street

Unnamed by Jeff Friesen (a.k.a. jeff_works)

Spoiler

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Would you buy modulars like those if TLG ever made? 

Um, yes. :moar:

Great MOC selections you provided here @Digger of Bricks, those are awesome MOC’s! I already knew them except the Basilisk, that looks awesome! Also surprised to see how the tall tower and modular bank use the color scheme...

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

40 Wall Steet by Rocco Buttliere

Unnamed by Jeff Friesen (a.k.a. jeff_works)

I didn’t know these neither as they’re not minifig-scale builds (which I have a bigger interest) but jeff_works is doing amazing micro builds! 

Also, I started to collect more great MOC’s, I’m so happy because while searching, I discover so many new great MOC’s! Stay tuned everyone :sweet:

The Atlas Building by Bazhenoff

Spoiler

2227375-o_1a74kaes5seo6sq5ru14tr1q9t7-th

Prudential Plaza by Rocco Buttliere

Spoiler
Prudential Plaza

Unnamed by Jeff Friesen (a.k.a. Jeff_works)

Spoiler

1930s Department Store and Hotel by rh1985moc

Spoiler

2656395-o_1asnb2brrs0r144p1n561tcisram-t

I have to confess, I don't have as much to share as I wish I did, as most of time I usually search for a lot of Sci-Fi vehicular craft MOCs. Now though it's not Lego for the most part, I do have a Pinterest board of anything and everything relating to Dieselpunk/Decopunk Retrofuturistic architecture and cityscapes, which is mostly a lot of fan and/or concept art. :classic:

Pinterest | Digger Of Bricks - Dieselpunk/Decopunk Cityscapes and Architectural Inspirations

Here are the top Art Nouveau MOC’s IMO with no particular order:

1. This elegant New Century Corner by @Pate-keetongu!

Spoiler
New Century Corner

2. This great French inspired Egyptian Museum by Italovergnat that you can support on Ideas! See updates for rendered images.

Spoiler

4972107-Musee_egyptiengold.lxf-QKXU-ELDA

3. This and this MOC’s based on real buildings by @pj_bosman, still can’t believe how he captured well the architecture!

Spoiler
pj_bosman 2013-12-07 Rotterdam Schiekade 77 5232

pj_bosman 2013-12-13 Boskoop Gouwestraat 8 5446

4. This crazy shaped Casa Baron by Paul Hetherington!

Spoiler
LEGO Casa Baron

5. This building and Teteven Hotel in Russe inspired by real buildings by @thomassio, you can easily see how much effort is put to the façade for the details!

Spoiler
Modular Moc Madness Contest 2014

Teteven Hotel in Russe

6. This building again inspired by a real building by @Wineyard, really love the depth on the façade!

Spoiler
19th century architecture

7. Nespresso Boutique and Bar by @jalemac34, amazing  big window!

Spoiler
What else?

8. Watchmaker’s House with a crazy façade by @Pakita!

Spoiler
Watchmaker's House

9. is:

On 10/02/2018 at 12:36 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

LEGO Modular Bank by Dita Svelte

Reveal hidden contents

LEGO Modular Bank Main View

what a great luxury looking MOC!

What do you think about those modulars? Which ones are your favorites? Would you buy if TLG made a similar modular? Me, I would buy at least ten if they make!

Kudos to all the people mentioned here, they were courageous enough to make MOC’s from one of the hardest architectures to reproduce from Lego!

Edited by LegoModularFan

22 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Yes, absolutely one of my all time favorites! :purrr:

2. This great French inspired Egyptian Museum by Italovergnat that you can support on Ideas! See updates for rendered images.

I've been keeping my eye on this one for a little while now, as I love both its detailing, and its color scheme of Earth Blue, Dark Tan, and Sand Green. I know how those at Ideas feel about modulars, being complementary with a preexisting line and all, but this one seems to stand on its own, so maybe it may have a chance if it were to reach the review stage! 

What the... :oh: That's nuts! Beautiful, but nuts!

What do you think about those modulars? Which ones are your favorites? Would you buy if TLG made a similar modular? Me, I would buy at least ten if they make!

All four of those, including the bank you placed at number nine I highlighted earlier. :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I like all of these Art Nouveau MOC's. Think I prefer the more realistic designs so I think my fave is number 5. I really like number 1, 6 and 7 as well though. I think Art Nouveau is a real contender for a future Modular set by Lego. I would definitely buy a set like this if they released anything as beautiful and intricately detailed as any of these. :classic:

Edited by Bricked1980

I decided to post three staff picks everyday after the trial period of this thread as it took me too much time to find MOC’s in a specific architectural style. 

@Digger of Bricks, you can continue to post MOC’s like you’re posting, you don’t need to change anything.

Hope other people will start posting their favorite MOC’s too :classic:

I would like to highlight three things for the people who want to use the new system:

-Staff picks will be posted at the end of day.

-Staff picks can be in different architectures.

-There will not be any particular order for posing staff picks.

I’ll post staff picks of yesterday that I couldn’t post. Today, the staff picks will be posted at the right time, not 15 hours later like now :grin:

Staff picks of 12/02/18:

~Modular Car Wash by @kevin8

Spoiler

Car Wash Vista 3

~666 Market Street by @Aliencat 

Spoiler

666 Market Street 1

~The small blue building of the Modular Pedestrian Street by @Brickenberg

Spoiler

2720264-o_1b0socit51gm95g161m5fm1r713-th

Congrats to all these MOC’cers, I hope @kevin8 will continue to making MOC’s, I especially hope seeing one unique corner building which are his specialities :classic:

On 12/02/2018 at 3:00 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few DC Comic themed Art Deco creations I totally forgot about:

LEGO Art Deco Theater by Paul

Arkham Asylum and Superman & Young Justice vs. Brainiac by @Xenomurphy

These MOC’s are gorgeous! 

On 13/02/2018 at 10:18 AM, tonif430 said:

Thanks mfor this mate

You’re welcome!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Searching around Brickshelf, I found this one Art Deco skyscraper who's shape I really like:

Art Deco Skyscaper by srezkall

Spoiler

artdeco.jpgartdeco1.jpg

On 2/11/2018 at 5:26 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Also on Brickshelf, I found a fuller gallery of this modular, but I'm not sure if you've seen it for yourself too.

Casa Baron by Brickbaron

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

The small blue building of the Modular Pedestrian Street by @Brickenberg

Oh yes, totally Art Nouveau that blue one, and the best looking building on the street! Thanks for highlighting that project, as I haven't seen that one before myself! :thumbup: :sweet:

Spoiler

2720264-o_1b0socit51gm95g161m5fm1r713-fu

@LegoModularFan so are we now allowed to post MOC's on this thread without them having to fall under that day's particular design style?

If that's the case then some of my favourite MOC's I've come across on Eurobricks are basically any of the models designed by @paupadros His designs are very unique and well thought out.

Also not sure if this one might have already been posted over in the Modular Rumors and Discussion forum but I love Piazza Maria by @snaillad This thing is a work of art. I remember when rumors started going around that Assembly Square was going to be released, before the official pictures came out this reminds me of how I thought it was going to look.

Edited by Bricked1980

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff picks of 18/02/18:

~Modular Car Wash by @kevin8

Congrats to all these MOC’cers, I hope @kevin8 will continue to making MOC’s, I especially hope seeing one unique corner building which are his specialities :classic:

These MOC’s are gorgeous! 

You’re welcome!

Thank you!

I'm in a strange situation. I'm waiting for a new showcase for my Lego town. It's very huge, something like 3,5 m x 2 m. And my works on new modulars have stopped, simply because I don't have any space to  put them. But I'm still designing and I'm renewing my old ones.

So, I hope to come back, because I really miss it.

Awesome topic @LegoModularFan once again! Hope to learn from this one a whole bunch!

On 12/2/2018 at 12:26 AM, LegoModularFan said:

The first modular MOC I ever saw and fell in love with, so still a big favourite!

3. This and this MOC’s based on real buildings by @pj_bosman, still can’t believe how he captured well the architecture!

Oooh, a red building definetly seems like something to try...

4. This crazy shaped Casa Baron by Paul Hetherington!ç

This is just the best. Had never seen it, btw!

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

That Market Street looks wonderful! It's funny, because Alex (Brickenberg) has this great idea of the Pedestrian street, but has yet to make an amazing modular for the concept. I agree, the blue building is by far the best of the three.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

If that's the case then some of my favourite MOC's I've come across on Eurobricks are basically any of the models designed by @paupadros His designs are very unique and well thought out.

That is so lovely! I always aim for a clear idea to be transmitted (clear spacings, shaping...), but hid behind scaffoldings of thundeous colour or over-the-top detailing.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Also not sure if this one might have already been posted over in the Modular Rumors and Discussion forum but I love Piazza Maria by @snaillad This thing is a work of art. I remember when rumors started going around that Assembly Square was going to be released, before the official pictures came out this reminds me of how I thought it was going to look.

My Italian Villa was inspired by it :grin:. About AS, me too! I, for some reason got hopes high we would get a yellow building

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Searching around Brickshelf, I found this one Art Deco skyscraper who's shape I really like:

Nice building!

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Also on Brickshelf, I found a fuller gallery of this modular, but I'm not sure if you've seen it for yourself too.

No, I didn't see it, thanks for sharing! There are photos of it on Flickr too, but there were more on Brickshelf...

5 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

@LegoModularFan so are we now allowed to post MOC's on this thread without them having to fall under that day's particular design style?

Absolutely! Just post inspirational MOC's, that's the most important :classic:

For the rest, I agree, @paupadros and @snaillad are two of my favorite MOC'cers and you can see them mentioned in this topic where I asked to my favorite MOC'cers how they were designing modulars and as they're so kind, they took time to respond! 

5 hours ago, kevin8 said:

So, I hope to come back, because I really miss it.

Me (we) too!

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

Awesome topic @LegoModularFan once again! Hope to learn from this one a whole bunch!

Thanks! Me too!

2 hours ago, paupadros said:

That Market Street looks wonderful!

That's for sure! I prefer thousand times the 666 Market Street to the MS :grin: Today's one of the three staff picks is in a very similar style too!

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Art Deco Skyscaper by srezkall

Hide contents

artdeco.jpgartdeco1.jpg

Casa Baron by Brickbaron

Oh yes, totally Art Nouveau that blue one, and the best looking building on the street! Thanks for highlighting that project, as I haven't seen that one before myself! :thumbup: :sweet:

Hide contents

2720264-o_1b0socit51gm95g161m5fm1r713-fu

Thank you, dear friends, for your appreciation of my project! I hope this project will have time to collect the necessary number of votes on Lego ideas

1 hour ago, Brickenberg said:

Thank you, dear friends, for your appreciation of my project! I hope this project will have time to collect the necessary number of votes on Lego ideas

You’re very welcome! Hope too, it would be a unique addition to the modulars... I hope you’re working on a new project and look forward to seeing it!

1 hour ago, Bricked1980 said:

Here's a pretty decent looking MOC I've found which is interesting because it's built entirely using pieces from 10214 Tower Bridge. The instructions to build the set are available here too.

Yes, and if you look at the Flickr of that guy, he’s simply the “Best Alternative Builder” and his alternative are waaay better than the official sets IMO!

If you are looking for MOC instructions, you can take a look at my topic where I listed tons of MOC’cers who make instructions! Hope it’ll be useful!

Staff Picks of 14/02/18:

~Trackside Lofts by @gotoAndLego

Spoiler
Trackside Lofts

~Tudor Style Photographer’s by @Barrie Crossan

Spoiler
Tudor Style Photographer's - Custom Lego Modular Building

~The Gallery by Bricky_Brick

Spoiler

5211649-o_1c67o5m071di81ml71232127bqb7e-

Congrats to all these MOC’cers and see you tomorrow!

Edited by LegoModularFan

All three brilliant! The Gallery has an extremely complex structure, but less of an interesting colour scheme and the Tudor Style Photographer's is just brilliant all way round!

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Yes, and if you look at the Flickr of that guy, he’s simply the “Best Alternative Builder” and his alternative are waaay better than the official sets IMO!

I've been looking at his Flickr and just Wow! He is a talented guy. Love his alternate build of the creator bike shop and cafe and also the MOC he has built using parts from Palace Cinema.

23 hours ago, paupadros said:

The Gallery has an extremely complex structure, but less of an interesting colour scheme

Yes and that’s why I like it, it’s packed with NPU throughout the build! 

22 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

also the MOC he has built using parts from Palace Cinema.

Yes, I completely forget about it, I would have mentioned it on my Steampunk list! It’s impressive mainly because it’s made with limited pieces! 

Edited by LegoModularFan