On 12/1/2018 at 3:22 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are two more recently submitted LEGO Ideas projects that readers here may be interested in:

LEGO Ideas - The Centennial Building by @Elysiumfountain Eurobricks - The Centennial Building

The Centennial Building

I find the details of this one quite odd. The grey corner stones seem wrong. These are normally done by rectangular bricks with the long edge stacked front - side - front - side and so on. This MOC seems to be suggesting the corners are made from 2x2 L shaped bricks stacked with 1x1 square bricks. And what happened to the first floor (2nd floor for Americans)? The brick detail has been dropped on the side but remains on the front. It makes it look unfinished.

As most of you know, I'm not a big fan of posting recent MOCs in this thread (but that's just me, anybody is welcome to post recent MOCs) but this WIP of Hogsmeade by @PolkovnikOnTheWhiteHorse (Timofey Tkachev) more than deserves to be posted here! :wub:

44400980420_439edeafa5_c.jpg5 WIP Hogsmeade by timofey_tkachev, on Flickr

This may not be the most exquisite of builds compared to so much of everything else featured here, but I do sort of like it's front profile at least.

City Public Library by emo Lego

City public library_001

16 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

As most of you know, I'm not a big fan of posting recent MOCs in this thread (but that's just me, anybody is welcome to post recent MOCs) but this WIP of Hogsmeade by @PolkovnikOnTheWhiteHorse (Timofey Tkachev) more than deserves to be posted here! :wub:

Most indeed! Looks like a very cozy, inviting little abode. :thumbup: :blush:

@ranghaal made a new MOC which absolutely made my day! :wub:

31290002607_98bd4722a7_c.jpgAnother brick in the brick wall by Ralf Langer, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This may not be the most exquisite of builds compared to so much of everything else featured here, but I do sort of like it's front profile at least. City Public Library by emo Lego

Spoiler

City public library_001

I like the domes and the railings on this one but some pieces on the façade seem to be not fitting very well in my opinion... Nevertheless, still a nice build. 

9 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

@ranghaal made a new MOC which absolutely made my day! :wub:

I've never seen a wall built like that before... *huh* ...now I want to see more of what's behind it! :thumbup: :sweet:

4 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Nice use of the new wand pieces in the library. 

Indeed! :classic: Also, he built this hotel modular that, while still not the greatest of creations, makes some nice usage of Earth Green arch bows, which I'm always a sucker for! 

City Grand Hotel_001

On 12/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Wow, Bricky_Brick's modulars really started to be amazing, this is probably my favorite by him! Why the Corner Garage didn't look like this, this is the first time I've seen a three storey modular garage that I love! :wub:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Would you guys like to do some sort of a "best modulars of 2018 posted on EB" poll? I was thinking it would be an awesome idea to remember all the amazing work done this year but maybe the competitive aspect would detract from the fun. I would totally be up for it as I can't recall a year in which better MOCs have been built. In fact, I would have a lot of trouble choosing a favourite :laugh:

56 minutes ago, paupadros said:

Would you guys like to do some sort of a "best modulars of 2018 posted on EB" poll? I was thinking it would be an awesome idea to remember all the amazing work done this year but maybe the competitive aspect would detract from the fun. I would totally be up for it as I can't recall a year in which better MOCs have been built. In fact, I would have a lot of trouble choosing a favourite :laugh:

Great idea but who’s going to collect all the modulars? It would take a lot of time for me so I won’t able to do so but if you or anybody can collect all the modulars, ok. :classic:

Check out @sdrnet's Winter Village layout for this year! Quite the sight to behold... :oh:

Eurobricks - Winter Village 2018 Full Diorama

Winter Village 2018 Full Diorama

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wow, Bricky_Brick's modulars really started to be amazing (finally), this is probably my favorite by him! Why the Corner Garage didn't look like this, this is the first time I've seen a three storey modular garage that I love! :wub:

Also, despite this being an architectural topic, its complementary car is really worth a mention. :classic:

5939449-carwash1_1_de_1-thumbnail-full.j

18 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Great idea but who’s going to collect all the modulars? It would take a lot of time for me so I won’t able to do so but if you or anybody can collect all the modulars, ok. :classic:

Maybe a topic could be opened up where people leave their own creations of the year. Compiling that would be easier. :classic:

20 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This microscale cityscape by Marco De Bon ever so slightly reminds me of Jeff Friesen's cityscape builds. :classic:

Spoiler

Lego microcity: fourth district

This looks great, I love the parts usage! Speaking of Jeff Friesen, did you see his newest MOC?

I have no words to describe how much I love this... :wub::wub_drool::grin_wub: In fact, no, I have words to describe how much I love this... 

Spoiler

Wow, just wow, I believe I’ve never been that excited for a build lately!! I’m absolutely in love with this!! All the techniques and the part usages here are already marvellous but how well you made everything fit with each other is just awe-inspiring!! The way you made the path is already brilliant but that raise makes it even more brilliant! I always wanted to see a Lego snow with almost no studs visible and you made it and it looks just fantastic! The shaping of the pine trees and the other tree is splendid and the small bits of visible rockwork look great! The stonework on the house with all the boat studs, minifig hairpieces and some other pieces is incredibly convincing and it’s without doubts my favorite minifig-scale rockwork technique! The textured SNOT wall on the first floor looks just right with the rest of this brilliant build as the windows made out of turntable bases does, and that roof has an stunning color scheme, texture and expertly added snow on it! The ice stalactites throughout the cottage add so much to this already mesmerising build! I’ll definitely pass a few days admiring all this incredible build!! I just can’t wait to see more images!!

And now, the whole build:

46324853132_dc104721eb_c.jpgWinter Cottage by david zambito, on Flickr

Don't think, go fave this and share it! 

Make sure to check out his other MOCs too and follow him, he has some impressive stuff!

34745264513_783a4ba180_c.jpgMountain Top Shrine by david zambito, on Flickr

43113571531_d6ed6bbecc_c.jpgForgotten Temple by david zambito, on Flickr

Some of his incredible non minifig scale MOCs (both architecture and other):

4 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I have no words to describe how much I love this... :wub::wub_drool::grin_wub: In fact, no, I have words to describe how much I love this... 

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, just wow, I believe I’ve never been that excited for a build lately!! I’m absolutely in love with this!! All the techniques and the part usages here are already marvellous but how well you made everything fit with each other is just awe-inspiring!! The way you made the path is already brilliant but that raise makes it even more brilliant! I always wanted to see a Lego snow with almost no studs visible and you made it and it looks just fantastic! The shaping of the pine trees and the other tree is splendid and the small bits of visible rockwork look great! The stonework on the house with all the boat studs, minifig hairpieces and some other pieces is incredibly convincing and it’s without doubts my favorite minifig-scale rockwork technique! The textured SNOT wall on the first floor looks just right with the rest of this brilliant build as the windows made out of turntable bases does, and that roof has an stunning color scheme, texture and expertly added snow on it! The ice stalactites throughout the cottage add so much to this already mesmerising build! I’ll definitely pass a few days admiring all this incredible build!! I just can’t wait to see more images!!

And now, the whole build:

Holy Brick Batman... *huh* ...that is quite the photorealistic snow! Ooooh, and that set-in stone path... :thumbup: :oh3: 

Here are two MOCs that I kept open in my tabs as I thought they would probably be of interest for some people, especially @Digger of Bricks!

"Sandy Greens" Residential Tower by Jay Battikha

42050497022_759689785a_c.jpg"Sandy Greens" Residential Tower, Photo 3 by Jay Battikha, on Flickr

Central, Hong Kong (1:265) by @jaredchan 

15684222049_f3a9860529_c.jpgOverview by Jared Chan, on Flickr

It may be the day after, but before Christmas fades too far out of view, here's a lovely little holiday-themed abode by Jack R. of Flickr:

Dreaming Of A White Christmas

16 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

"Sandy Greens" Residential Tower by Jay Battikha

Nice! Another gem I've passed by before in the past and have completely forgotten about! Thanks once again, and I hope you've had a very Merry Christmas! :sweet:

Check out this incredible MOC by @danielvermeir! The shot below isn't the main shot of the MOC but I love this one much more than the main shot because of that incredible tan roof... :wub_drool:

46379749432_7016c2bc08_c.jpgOldFantasyHouse - 04 by daniel vermeir, on Flickr

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It may be the day after, but before Christmas fades too far out of view, here's a lovely little holiday-themed abode by Jack R. of Flickr:

Spoiler

Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Sweet cottage! Here's the digital version of the MOC which features a great landscape as well:

24507188947_9cc3d319c8_c.jpgWinter Cottage by Jack R., on Flickr