2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Ok, speaking seriously, he's on Facebook and YouTube, unfortunately he has very few photos on Flickr, it would be great if he could upload more of his great stuff there! :sweet: 

Thanks for the links! I guess from the looks of it, he does primarily use Instagram as his main hosting site for photos. As you know, I'm always interested to see who isn't on Flickr (for the most part, that is) as far as builders go, just to see who's work I might be missing out on. :classic:

Staff Picks of 06/04/18:

~A Modular Building by @TheLET

Spoiler

dsc01243.jpg

and the backside:

dsc01170.jpg

~Imperial Plaza, Teupolis by Teup

Spoiler

plaza0.jpg

~The King's Pub by Rob Bender

Spoiler
King's Pub

Congrats to all these MOCers!

21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

As you know, I'm always interested to see who isn't on Flickr (for the most part, that is) as far as builders go, just to see who's work I might be missing out on. :classic:

Then you're lucky because I lastly started to discover some great MOCs in other websites than Flickr!

13 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Then you're lucky because I lastly started to discover some great MOCs in other websites than Flickr!

Like that Imperial Plaza you highlighted from Brickshelf? I mean, damn, that is one incredible find! :thumbup: :oh:

Staff Picks of 07/04/18:

~SCAPE FROM DISTILLERY by DAVID

Spoiler
1 (5)

~City Apartment Block by @Minifig Lecturer

Spoiler
A LEGO apartment for well-to-do figs

~London Hotel by @oirad 72

Spoiler

I'm very glad you like the Staff Picks @Bricked1980, @Digger of Bricks and @paupadros:classic:

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

That's some great variegated masonry there, with its Dark Red and Dark Tan mixed amongst the predominant Bright Red! I do also like the construction of those doorway/window arches too. :thumbup: :classic:

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~London Hotel by @oirad 72

Reveal hidden contents

This one is my favourite of today's picks. It looks a very typical style of building you'd find in London and all over Britain. I like the detailing and decorative elements around the windows. There is just the right amount of detail there to make it look realistic but not too fussy and overly intricate. I also like the way the roof has been tiled.

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That's some great variegated masonry there, with its Dark Red and Dark Tan mixed amongst the predominant Bright Red! I do also like the construction of those doorway/window arches too. :thumbup: :classic:

All these + the techniques and the street lamps make this MOC just incredible!

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I also like the way the roof has been tiled.

I think it's made with flippers! Isn't that a genius idea? :sweet: For us it seems to be a genius idea but probably @oirad 72 doesn't feel something really special for it as he always manages to squeeze in some real NPU! I call him "NPU king!" Why? The images below will definitely tell you more than I can.

Spoiler

lego ideas contest

Classic Space Invaders

30895688005_3f34b58cb2_b.jpg

Tin soldier

There's still more to see in his photostream!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Staff Picks of 08/04/18:

~C Dunn Toolshop by @Barrie Crossan

Spoiler

C Dunn Toolshop.

~Library of Parliament by Erwin te Kortschot

Spoiler

Library of Parliament (front)

~British Victorian Terraced House by @TheBear

Spoiler

Lego British Victorian Terraced House

In addition to the Staff Picks, I'd like to share a gorgeous picture showing all the modulars by @thomassio photographed by @sander1992, that really makes me want to go and see his brilliant modulars in real! :moar:

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 3/19/2018 at 11:24 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 19/03/18:

Wow, we've had four awesome modulars in only three days that normally I'd have chosen as a Staff Pick but I decided to not make anymore "Fresh" Staff Picks as the goal of this topic is to make discover new modulars. Anyway, enjoy!

~The West Eagle Grand Hotel by eyescream54

Reveal hidden contents

The West Eagle Grand Hotel 15

~Her Majesty's Theatre by @JanetVanD

Reveal hidden contents

her_majesty_s_theatre__london__front_vie

her_majesty_s_theatre__london__grand_cir

Her Majesty's Theatre, London: Ceiling Detail

~Town Hall by norm.fm

Reveal hidden contents

Lego Town Hall

Congrats to all these MOCers! I really hope seeing more modulars by you, JanetVanD, they are fantastic!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm currently working on a MOC of another iconic London building which I started in December and hope to have completed in July. It will be quite large, measuring at 60cm high, 60cm deep and just over 3 metres long. With five floors to reproduce in full detail, both inside and out, it is quite a challenge. Actually, the sheer size of the build, the level of detail I've committed to and all of the technical problems I've had to overcome so far (I'm approx half way) had me feeling a bit overwhelmed but the comments on this thread has given me a confidence boost just when I needed it. Thanks, guys!

3 hours ago, JanetVanD said:

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I'm currently working on a MOC of another iconic London building which I started in December and hope to have completed in July. It will be quite large, measuring at 60cm high, 60cm deep and just over 3 metres long. With five floors to reproduce in full detail, both inside and out, it is quite a challenge. Actually, the sheer size of the build, the level of detail I've committed to and all of the technical problems I've had to overcome so far (I'm approx half way) had me feeling a bit overwhelmed but the comments on this thread has given me a confidence boost just when I needed it. Thanks, guys!

From the way it sounds, it's shaping up to be monumental. :oh:

14 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 08/04/18:

~C Dunn Toolshop by @Barrie Crossan

Reveal hidden contents

C Dunn Toolshop.

~British Victorian Terraced House by @TheBear

Reveal hidden contents

Lego British Victorian Terraced House

Sometimes simplest is best. The first one is one of the simplest builds I've seen in a while that has had me staring at it for some time. It had very beautiful windowing on the ground and the top floors.

14 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

~Library of Parliament by Erwin te Kortschot

Reveal hidden contents

Library of Parliament (front)

The same can't be said for this one... :laugh:

4 hours ago, JanetVanD said:

You'll never walk alone!

On 4/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 05/04/18:

~Townhouse by @Lindon

Reveal hidden contents

Town house

~Huis Ter Dijk by @Nieks

Reveal hidden contents

Huis Ter Dijk

~Villa Arcus by Jussi Kossinen

Reveal hidden contents

Villa Arcus_1

No, he's also on EB! :tongue: Ok, speaking seriously, he's on Facebook and YouTube, unfortunately he has very few photos on Flickr, it would be great if he could upload more of his great stuff there! :sweet: 

I don't know about you guys, but I think that Delbaerov guy is a piece of work.  Who even likes his stuff anyway?

Thanks for the mention!

On 08/04/2018 at 4:41 PM, LegoModularFan said:

think it's made with flippers! Isn't that a genius idea? :sweet: For us it seems to be a genius idea but probably @oirad 72 doesn't feel something really special for it as he always manages to squeeze in some real NPU! I call him "NPU king!" Why? The images below will definitely tell you more than I can

That's a brilliant idea to use flippers as roof tiles. Thanks for sharing some of his other pics as well, really clever parts usage. I assume you've seen the pictures of his layout as well, it looks stunning.

Spoiler

Operation Nakam

Staff Picks of 09/04/18:

~Vine and Roses by Azurekingfisher

Spoiler
vine-and-roses-01

~88 Club by @savetheclocktower

Spoiler
P2060630.jpg

~Boavista's House by @hugosantos 

Spoiler

13 hours ago, JanetVanD said:

It sounds incredible and huge! Can't wait to see it! :moar:

4 hours ago, Delbaerov said:

Thanks for the mention!

You're very welcome! :classic:

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Staff Picks of 09/04/18:

All three of these have something noteworthy to come away with. As its name makes focus of, the gold windows and vines on this creation make for a really pretty chapel build! The 88 Club, on the other hand, offers a generous helping of Art Deco motifs and accenting which works quite nicely. The last one, as simple as it may be, has a pleasant color trifecta of Reddish Violet, Dark Bluish Grey, and Reddish Brown that I kinda like! :classic:

~Townhouse by Yul Burman

Red and blue in any hue paired together always catches my eye, and then utilized for an Art Deco modular? :thumbup: :smug:

~"Charmed" Victorian Home by Brick Boise

If you superimposed this onto an actual street, I wouldn't know it was actually Lego!

On 8.4.2018 at 12:59 AM, LegoModularFan said:

~City Apartment Block by @Minifig Lecturer

Hide contents

A LEGO apartment for well-to-do figs

As a building, this is not my taste at all (brutalist architecture rarely tends to be...), but as a Lego model, this is absolutely stunning. If it wasn't for the foliage and visible studs on the roof, you might mistake it for a scale model, or maybe even a photograph of an actual building.

Staff Picks of 11/04/18:

~Nuclear Building by @sheo

Spoiler
Nuclear Building

~Mei Go Cafe by bbchai

Spoiler
00_IMG_5707

~Derelict Building by Alexander Bing

Spoiler
Derelict building

22 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If you superimposed this onto an actual street, I wouldn't know it was actually Lego!

7 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

As a building, this is not my taste at all (brutalist architecture rarely tends to be...), but as a Lego model, this is absolutely stunning.

Exactly!

Special Edition (well, almost) ~ Staff Picks of 12/04/18:

Hey there, already two months of staff picking! I don't have so many MOCs to offer today as I used to in other special editions but four brilliant ones which are really difficult to find.

~Unnamed by @Sheriff von Snottingham

Spoiler

IMG_20150925_140506[1]

Verschiedenes_469.jpg

~New Century City Block by @Pate-keetongu

Spoiler

vap997.jpg

vap998.jpg

The rest of the buildings he presented in this topic if you haven't seen already:

New Century Corner

~Water Palace/Palatul Apelor by Emilian 

Spoiler

16522062_1429114560456771_1993917510_o.jpg?w=1280

~La casa di ricco mercante by nuno2500

Spoiler

12079257_903680569718762_695950358886858

Congrats to all these MOCers of course!

Edited by LegoModularFan

1 hour ago, LegoModularFan said:

Oh my... How come he doesn't have Flickr pictures of the rest of this block?! This is one of my all time favorite architectural creations, and I have never seen side of it this before!!! :oh3:

Thank you TEN BILLION for finding this! :grin_wub:

Wow, another inspiration topic! I didn't know that site had a forum of their own!