5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well would you looky here, he's ironically submitted another train station project to Ideas today! :oh3:

LEGO Ideas - The Train Station: Studgate

Well, that makes interesting use of big pieces... I wish the station wasn’t modernized though, it lost its beautiful architecture...

Really glad to see this thread is up and running again. :sweet:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well would you looky here, he's ironically submitted another train station project to Ideas today! :oh3:

This looks great and think I prefer this one to his previous train station.

The train included with the model looks very nice too.

In light of Lego's release of 75810 The Upside Down for Netflix's Stranger Things, @Norton74's recreation of Hopper's cabin from the second season is definitely worth highlighting here on this topic! :classic:

Stranger Things | Sheriff Hopper's Cabin + Chevrolet Blazer

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Well, that makes interesting use of big pieces...

Those quarter dome pieces crowning the station might be a hindrance for staff consideration, as they're long extinct parts... :sceptic:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

LEGO Ideas - The Train Station: Studgate

6406351-14.jpg

Not a big fan of this. I don't think it really works (but I think that of most train stations that try to fit in the modular standard. As for @lookl's newest modular, it has some very surprising elements and some wonderfully crafted details, especially the gate and the other building's ground floor. The whole composition, though, looks a bit dull and quite boring. And thanks @LegoModularFan ! I've not really been gone, I've just not felt like posting that much, just a pesky lurker in the Town subtopic :laugh:. I have posted an Architecture MOC on Special Lego Themes and it even got featured, which is something I was not expecting at all! :laugh: I am working on a new modular, which is still quite far away from completion, but I think that the idea I've come up with is (...once again...) very innovative.

Edited by paupadros

On 5/14/2019 at 12:47 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Hey there, long time no see on this topic (sorry for reviving it).

While I remember you highlighting @kofi's debut modular over on the Modular Buildings topic just a little while ago, it hasn't yet been featured here! :blush:

cc house main

11 hours ago, paupadros said:

Not a big fan of this.

looks a bit dull and quite boring.

I think that the idea I've come up with is (...once again...) very innovative.

???

/s

12 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Really glad to see this thread is up and running again. :sweet:

Really glad to see you’re still around! 

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

While I remember you highlighting @kofi's debut modular over on the Modular Buildings topic just a little while ago, it hasn't yet been featured here! :blush:

One of the best modulars I’ve seen in a while. All the architectural details, NPUs and textures are top notch! I’m not sure about a few architectural detail dimensions but his modular is otherwise so good that these small details remain pretty unimportant... :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

So apparently I fell asleep while posting yesterday’s inspirational MOC... :laugh: Anyway, here’s a huge MOC that I found worth highlighting! Big isn’t always the best but for the huge scale of this MOC, there is quite a lot of details in my opinion! :classic:

Schloss Drachenburg - The Dragon Castle

Also I should precise that the brilliant dome design is one of the main reasons I decided to share this! :classic:

Gallery Dome

That’s interesting, I was sure I wrote a reply and sent it but, well, apparently not... What’s happening to me these last days? ? Anyways, that’s a pretty impressive looking MOC @Digger of Bricks

Here’s another impressive MOC, not size-wise but... I don’t think I need to write why it’s impressive, it’s obvious I guess... :wink:

~A creature in the dark - Baba Yaga’s hutt by @Legonardo

A creature in the dark

Edited by LegoModularFan

Though it's not quite my piece-of-cake as far as Art Deco/Streamlined Moderne architecture goes, this modular by Patrik Skursky is still rather impressive:

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Though it's not quite my piece-of-cake as far as Art Deco/Streamlined Moderne architecture goes, this modular by Patrik Skursky is still rather impressive:

That’s a pretty interesting looking modular... Not a huge fan of the color scheme and a few other details but it’s definitely got potential! Reminds me of... a lot of Art Deco MOCs, but especially @Nannan‘s newest beauty...

Coming Home to Santa Fe

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 4/19/2018 at 4:17 PM, LegoModularFan said:
On 4/19/2018 at 3:15 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This modular built by an Instagram user you cited recently is really something! :thumbup: :sweet:

Yes, this was the reason for me to open an Instagram account, I absolutely needed to comment! 

I had just remembered this WIP find of yours from then, and I was surprised that its builder had never posted images of the finished build. :shrug_confused:

Check out @Bricked1980‘s brilliant modular and please support it on LEGO Ideas if you want it to have a chance to become an official set like me! :classic:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fa5635b2-3b10-42e7-b7cc-027744005b84

Brick Town Police Station

He’s got some other great projects as well like his Bricks & Blooms which is another brilliant modular and a very realistic looking traction engine which are absolutely worth supporting now that supporting project on Ideas is easier than ever! :sweet:

Bricks & Blooms - LEGO IDEAS

The Old Workhorse - Please Support on Lego Ideas

And who wouldn’t want to have these cute miniature steam machines and display them on their desk? :wub:

Miniature Steam Machines on LEGO IDEAS

Also this shot which shows his three models together is worth sharing to show how great they fit:

6178768-Police_Station_20.png

P.S. This project promotion post is not requested by @Bricked1980, it’s only me who wanted to highlight his inspirational projects! 

Edited by LegoModularFan

Here are some further Ideas projects which were recently submitted that readers here may be interested in! :wink:

The Seven Dwarves' House by Hanwasyellowfirst

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Retrofuturistic Garage Hideout by @hachiroku

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

The Haunted Mansion: 50th Anniversary by GoodOlPrice

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

My Cowabunga! – TMNT Modular Sewerage by Kikolego1

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

Modular Mountain House/Cottage by Creating15

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks so much for highlighting this one as I haven’t seen it before! It instantly became one of my favorite Ideas projects I’ve seen in a while! Would absolutely love to see this on shelves! 

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This one looks great as well, I especially love the cars included as well as the great function of it:

What do you think about that project as a huge retrofuture fan?

Edited by LegoModularFan

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Check out @Bricked1980‘s brilliant modular and please support it on LEGO Ideas if you want it to have a chance to become an official set like me! :classic:

Hey thank you very much indeed for posting about my Ideas projects @LegoModularFan I really appreciate it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: 

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:
9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Thanks so much for highlighting this one as I haven’t seen it before! It instantly became one of my favorite Ideas projects I’ve seen in a while! Would absolutely love to see this on shelves! 

ABSOLUTELY!!! :excited: Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was one of the first of their films I grew up with, and this Ideas project would perfectly delight both Castle/Medieval fans and Disney fans. I mean, it is a landmark film for Disney being cinema's first-ever full-length animated feature. :blush:

6 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

What do you think about that project as a huge retrofuture fan?

Well, given its seeming leanings more towards both Atompunk/Fallout-brand Retrofuturism and Cyberpunk/Blade Runner-type Retrofuturism, it's admittedly not quite there up my alley of 1920's/1930's/1940's Decopunk/Dieselpunk Retrofuturism; but, nonetheless, I always appreciate any sort of representation for Retrofuturism as a whole whenever it shows up within the Lego community. :classic:

On 5/26/2019 at 12:17 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Hey thank you very much indeed for posting about my Ideas projects @LegoModularFan I really appreciate it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: 

You’re very welcome! Any new great modulars coming? :classic:

On 5/26/2019 at 2:01 AM, Digger of Bricks said:
On 5/25/2019 at 6:56 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Would absolutely love to see this on shelves! 

ABSOLUTELY!!! :excited: 

This doesn’t seem impossible at all, that project gained a huge amount of support in such a short amount of time!! :sweet:

Wanted to highlight two great new architectural MOCs in the meantime.

~Old Mansion by @Jellyeater

Old mansion

Love the atmosphere, the textures, the colors and the architectural details such as the entry and that big window!

Also check this massive brilliantly built castle by Michal Herbolt!

Edited by LegoModularFan

16 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

This doesn’t seem impossible at all, that project gained a huge amount of support in such a short amount of time!! :sweet:

As of this post, it's just a little more than seventy supporters away from two thousand... :oh:

16 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wanted to highlight two great new architectural MOCs in the meantime.

Likewise... :wink:

Modular Tribune Tower Skyscraper by BrickVault

47975874616_35717f8963_z.jpg

Bubble Building by @gabrielerava

47938288833_9e63ea3e40_c.jpg

Black Falcon's Stronghold by Ciamosław Ciamek

47973203196_a7c0138cb5_z.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 6/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, LegoModularFan said:

You’re very welcome! Any new great modulars coming? :classic:

I've been really busy with work over the past couple of months so haven't had time to work on any new mocs. I am definitely hoping to start work on my next moc soon though. I've got ideas for a new modular I want to build and also another vintage vehicle I want to start working on too. :classic:

Edited by Bricked1980

On 5/25/2019 at 6:56 PM, LegoModularFan said:
On 5/25/2019 at 3:48 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey @Digger of Bricks, do you still remember about this project? I've got some great news for you! :classic:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f76d3a06-e9a8-462d-9f96-d6cc0fe8d5fa/official_comments#content_nav_tabs

On 6/9/2019 at 3:20 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Medieval Farm by cubeous

Reveal hidden contents

Current Submission Image

Medieval Blacksmith Shop by @Ben Pitchford

Reveal hidden contents

Current Submission Image

Medieval Harbor by Namirob

Reveal hidden contents

Current Submission Image

I love the roof designs of all these MOCs!

Edited by LegoModularFan

Hey there @LegoModularFan, nice to see you around here again! :thumbup: :blush:

5 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Hey @Digger of Bricks, do you still remember about this project? I've got some great news for you! :classic:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f76d3a06-e9a8-462d-9f96-d6cc0fe8d5fa/official_comments#content_nav_tabs

Why indeed I do! :grin: 

Yes, I was quite excited when it did finally achieve support, heralding the news on several pertinent topics here shortly afterward. Now, as for its chances in review, while I am hopeful, I can think of a few reasons they would unfortunately reject it, the biggest one being that it could possibly conflict with the Disney Princesses theme. But, even if it is rejected for any such reason, it still might find second life as one of Lego's annual Disney-themed D2Cs some time after the fact. 

Oh, speaking of Disney-based LEGO Ideas projects, have you also heard what strange fate befell @figura's Mystery Shack project? :def_shrug:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Ideas Projects Archived Before Review Stage

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Reviving this topic once again because got bored waiting for the reveal of the new modular... :tongue: Not only because of that but that definitely has some impact on the reason I'm reviving this topic... :hmpf_bad:

3 Great Architectural MOCs that were recently posted:

-Buffalo Phil's Brick City by Paul Hetherington - Even though architecturally speaking this is not my cup of tea, I just love the colors and the some of the smooth details!

Buffalo Phil's Brick City

-Who live in this cabin? by mamax711 - Such an unusual style, I love it!

Who live in this cabin?  #LEGO #legoinstagram #legophotography #moc #mocer #bricks #toy #minifig #legominifigures #legolandscape #legoplant #house #legoarchitecture #castle #legocastle #afol #medieval #medievaltimes #darkages

-Fallen Temple by @jaapxaap - The angle, the textures and the signs of abrasion (hope this is the right word) put this MOC into another level!

CCC: Fallen Temple

On 10/18/2019 at 4:17 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I just L-O-V-E @paokus's latest submission to LEGO Ideas!!! :wub: LEGO Ideas - The Sewing Workshop

Spoiler

resize:1600:900

Some nice details on the ground and the first floor but the second floor and the staircase look a bit off to me... A pity because otherwise it's certainly a nice MOC!

Edited by LegoModularFan