Side note, I'm glad you've all stopped hiding pictures inside "reveal hidden content". I know it was with good intentions, but it was pretty annoying when browsing.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few creations by MOCpages' Boise Bricks which haven't been featured here before:

MOCpages - Bavarian Building MOCpages - Irish Pub & Boutique MOCpages - Lake-Town Castle, Life After Esgaroth

Oh, this is his latest build by the way: MOCpages - Fantasy Gothic Castle

Fantasy Gothic castle

13 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

That black and red one is super cool.

He has better individual pics for each of those builds. :wink:

LEI_8038

On 2/20/2019 at 3:09 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, has anyone else here discovered this guy's stuff yet? :oh:

I haven’t seen his stuff before... Looks pretty simple technique wise but his MOCs aren’t bad. I don’t know if you or anybody else noticed this but Asian MOCers who build architecture seem to use very simple building techniques but pay a lot of attention to the photography and to the presentation... 

8 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

I haven’t seen his stuff before... Looks pretty simple technique wise but his MOCs aren’t bad. I don’t know if you or anybody else noticed this but Asian MOCers who build architecture seem to use very simple building techniques but pay a lot of attention to the photography and to the presentation... 

I have noticed that. Instead of NPU, they tend to focus more on having the global impact of the model (the "wow" factor) be as big as it can be. I tend to craft details with much more care and probably lose some scope in the global picture.

Here are a few architecturally-inclined LEGO Ideas projects worth mentioning here that haven't been yet:

Home Alone: McCallister's House by @adwind 

Spoiler

6074936-vbvb_-_Copy-thumbnail-full.jpg

Half Modular Jewelry Shop by @Elysiumfountain 

Spoiler

6037673-o_1d1rqgu795gt1kth1gpd1m9ntr9e-t

Bricks & Blooms Garden Centre by @Bricked1980

Spoiler

6007256-o_1d0s1nd251u7lovepr4bjh1kghe-th

12 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

In retrospect, I guess that is typical for the most part. With these, I suppose his builds' color choices were what caught my eye in particular. :shrug_oh_well:

@Digger of Bricks, I thought the buildings were gorgeous and I'm glad you brought them to our attention.  There are lots of different reasons why a building may be considered beautiful - beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Thanks very much for mentioning my Bricks & Blooms @Digger of Bricks  Also it's great to see this topic being revived again. :classic:

On 2/20/2019 at 2:09 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, has anyone else here discovered this guy's stuff yet?

I love the brightly coloured Russian style building in the centre bottom row. :wub:

Hey there, long time no see on this topic (sorry for reviving it). Thought I would share a couple of high quality photos of @Giacinto Consiglio’s inspirational MOCs built with real bricks:

~Post Office and Art School

Seen at Mattoncini all'ombra del Torrazzo 2019 - 011Seen at Mattoncini all'ombra del Torrazzo 2019 - 004

~Art Nouveau Corner Modular Building

Seen at Mattoncini all'ombra del Torrazzo 2019 - 100Seen at Mattoncini all'ombra del Torrazzo 2019 - 099Seen at Mattoncini all'ombra del Torrazzo 2019 - 051

Seeing these beauties built with real bricks makes me want to see these in real! What do you guys think about them?

Edited by LegoModularFan

No need to apologize for reviving this topic - those buildings look great! The roof dome and glass arch techniques are particularly impressive.

9 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Hey there, long time no see on this topic (sorry for reviving it).

Please, don't apologize! :sweet: I was hoping all this time that someone else here beside me could've helped in keeping this topic going while you were gone, as I may have likely been left to double/triple/quadruple/quintuple-bump it myself many times over! :laugh:

So, back to getting the ball rolling again, I'd like to highlight this one Castle display that's been circulating around over on Instagram... :oh:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, back to getting the ball rolling again, I'd like to highlight this one Castle display that's been circulating around over on Instagram... :oh:

That’s pretty impressive but huge isn’t always the best in my opinion. I find that one a bit over detailed for instance and something about the used colors don’t fit well in my opinion... But that doesn’t make that MOC unimpressive size-wise! :classic:

7 hours ago, Brickenberg said:

Modular pedestrian street

Looks really nice, I supported that a while ago! Love that blue Art Nouveau building! Nice job! :classic:

36 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

During the time this topic was dormant, @paokus has submitted quite a few projects to LEGO Ideas, including this ingenious modular train station! :grin:

Hey, did you know @paokus had a Flickr? I just discovered it! It would be great that he uploads more of his MOCs over there! 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/167788802@N02/

19 hours ago, icm said:

No need to apologize for reviving this topic

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Please, don't apologize! :sweet: I was hoping all this time that someone else here beside me could've helped in keeping this topic going while you were gone, as I may have likely been left to double/triple/quadruple/quintuple-bump it myself many times over! :laugh:

Glad to hear this! Thanks for your efforts @Digger of Bricks:wink: This apology was more for moderators, they generally don’t like reviving if I’m not wrong...

This apology was more for moderators, they generally don’t like reviving if I’m not wrong...

Honestly, I'm pretty sure undesirable topic revival may mostly pertain to MOC topics more than a year or two old (it depends), so this "revival" may not be of any concern for moderators at all! Plus, I kinda think this could be considered a "evergreen" topic so to speak, as it's size and subject matter somewhat make it eternally pertinent! :grin:

Hey, did you know @paokus had a Flickr? I just discovered it! It would be great that he uploads more of his MOCs over there! 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/167788802@N02/

Why no, I wasn't aware of his Flickr at all until you just mentioned it! :oh3: Thanks for citing it here! :thumbup: :sweet:

Apparently I’ve missed a lot about @paokus... I wasn’t even aware that one his great projects reached 10K supporters and another one of my favorites was very near 10K supporters! I hope his Car Wash will be the next ne to reach 10K because I totally love it!

His last submission, The President's Office, is also worthy of mention here! :classic:

6341510-sasasasa.jpg

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

His last submission, The President's Office, is also worthy of mention here! :classic:

It is worthy indeed, I’m really liking the color scheme and the mosaic wall on the first floor! The whole MOC reminds me a bit of @paupadros‘ Sweets & Co... The mosaic wall and the shape of it I guess. :classic:

Sweets & Co.

In the meantime, I wanted to share this excellent MOC which is packed with some great details:

Historic Harbour Scene

7 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

It is worthy indeed, I’m really liking the color scheme and the mosaic wall on the first floor! The whole MOC reminds me a bit of @paupadros‘ Sweets & Co... The mosaic wall and the shape of it I guess. :classic:

Sweets & Co.

I'm starting to like @paokus' style quite a bit myself. I recently found out that we happen to share country too, which probably helps to that! I see more Corner Garage inspiration than from my MOC. The 45-degree wall not being centered in the model, a bit protruding on the side (in his MOC on the left, on CG, the garage car entrance on the right... @LegoModularFan, it's funny you say it looks like my model when I would never in my life build using those colours and such unclean lines throughout. :wink: Are you building anything?

Check out @lookl‘s newest MOC!

Town Gate

Interesting to hear your opinions @paupadros! And no, I’m still not building anything... :cry_sad: I want to but too busy at the moment and don’t really know what I can get as bricks...

Nice to see you’re still around btw! :classic:

Edited by LegoModularFan

On 5/15/2019 at 8:56 AM, LegoModularFan said:

Apparently I’ve missed a lot about @paokus... I wasn’t even aware that one his great projects reached 10K supporters and another one of my favorites was very near 10K supporters!

Well would you looky here, he's ironically submitted another train station project to Ideas today! :oh3:

LEGO Ideas - The Train Station: Studgate

6406351-14.jpg